    Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
    service, only a 2MB mailbox, limits on how many recipients can appear in
    the To, Cc or Bcc fields and now crap like this.

    Mainlander, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Mainlander

    Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.nz> wrote:

    .... snip

    >Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
    >service, only a 2MB mailbox, limits on how many recipients can appear in
    >the To, Cc or Bcc fields and now crap like this.

    Where does the 2MB limit come from?

    Help topic "Mail server limits - paradise.net" states:

    The maximum size of outgoing mail is 5MB
    The maximum size of incoming mail is 10MB
    The maximum number of recipients for a mail message is 100.

    Nothing about 2MB there.

    Also, I recently was sent a 137MB file from the UK as 13 x 10M plus 1
    x 7MB slices. Since these were sent from a commercial site that is a
    lot faster than my 256kbs connection, it is likely that at some point
    (for a short while) there was up to 100MB of emails sitting in my
    mailbox. All came through without a single hitch. Seems very
    reasonable to me.

    David

    , Mar 7, 2004

  3. Mainlander

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.nz> wrote:
    >
    > ... snip
    >
    > >Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
    > >service, only a 2MB mailbox, limits on how many recipients can appear in
    > >the To, Cc or Bcc fields and now crap like this.

    > Where does the 2MB limit come from?
    >
    > Help topic "Mail server limits - paradise.net" states:
    >
    > The maximum size of outgoing mail is 5MB
    > The maximum size of incoming mail is 10MB
    > The maximum number of recipients for a mail message is 100.

    That's bollocks, I have had their server reject messages with less than
    50 recipients.

    Mainlander, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Mainlander

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, in article
    <>, Mainlander wrote:

    > Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
    > service, only a 2MB mailbox

    I've received emails close to 10MB in size, to my Paradise mailbox.

    Where did you get this "2MB mailbox" from?

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Politicians are like diapers:
    they need to be changed often,
    and for the same reasons.

    Ralph Fox, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Mainlander

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    -echo.invalid says...
    > On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, in article
    > <>, Mainlander wrote:
    >
    > > Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
    > > service, only a 2MB mailbox

    > I've received emails close to 10MB in size, to my Paradise mailbox.
    >
    > Where did you get this "2MB mailbox" from?

    alright maybe it's 5 MB. I have received messages in excess of this size
    on occasions.

    Mainlander, Mar 7, 2004