    service they promise.

    Or am I being unreasonable??

    SteveM
    SteveM, Nov 6, 2003

  2. SteveM

    KewlKiwi Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 05:36:56 GMT, SteveM <> wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems with their Paradise DSL connection.

    > Called the hell desk...

    Heh! ^^^^
    KewlKiwi, Nov 6, 2003

  3. SteveM

    T.N.O. Guest

    SteveM wrote:
    > I am getting up to 20% packet loss off the kelly.ipnet2 router and it
    > has been happening for over two weeks.

    > fast or supply some kind of rebate/refund for not being able to deliver the
    > service they promise.

    Sure... 20% :)
    T.N.O., Nov 6, 2003
  4. SteveM

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:45:32 +1300, "T.N.O."
    <> wrote:

    >SteveM wrote:
    >> I am getting up to 20% packet loss off the kelly.ipnet2 router and it
    >> has been happening for over two weeks.

    >> fast or supply some kind of rebate/refund for not being able to deliver the
    >> service they promise.

    >Sure... 20% :)

    Thats a Telescum service isnt it..?
    Greg Parker, Nov 6, 2003
  5. SteveM

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <Xns942BBD531E0A2sdmccremovemeparadis@202.20.93.13>,
    valid says...
    > Anyone else having problems with their Paradise DSL connection.
    >
    > I am getting up to 20% packet loss off the kelly.ipnet2 router and it
    > has been happening for over two weeks.
    >
    > Called the hell desk and they know about it but do not know when it
    > will be fixed.
    >
    > I can cope with 1, maybe 2 days, but 2 weeks?
    >
    > I don't think it is unreasonable to think that they should get this fixed
    > fast or supply some kind of rebate/refund for not being able to deliver the
    > service they promise.
    >
    > Or am I being unreasonable??

    Not being unreasonable but it took 3 weeks to get a problem with dialup
    fixed recently
    Mainlander, Nov 6, 2003
  6. SteveM

    ¢_£¥ºÑ Guest

    "SteveM" wrote. . .
    > Anyone else having problems with their Paradise DSL connection.

    DSL or ADSL ?
    Big difference. . .
    ¢_£¥ºÑ, Nov 7, 2003
  7. SteveM

    IRO Guest

    SteveM <> wrote:

    > Anyone else having problems with their Paradise DSL connection.
    >
    > I am getting up to 20% packet loss off the kelly.ipnet2 router and it
    > has been happening for over two weeks.
    >
    > Called the hell desk and they know about it but do not know when it
    > will be fixed.
    >
    > I can cope with 1, maybe 2 days, but 2 weeks?
    >
    > I don't think it is unreasonable to think that they should get this fixed
    > fast or supply some kind of rebate/refund for not being able to deliver the
    > service they promise.
    >
    > Or am I being unreasonable??

    A mate just cured his Paradise problems by switching to iHug. He hasn't
    been able to upgrade his connection speed yet (Telescum are a bit
    sluggish) but he's seen a big improvement already. Paradise's typical
    Jetstart 11-13kBps have jumped to 14-16kBps and without the curious
    pauses.

    I'm tempted to join him. For the same price as Paradise's Jetstart I can
    get a 32kBps (256kbps) through iHug. Capped at 1000MB, true, but I've
    never reached 700 yet.

    IRO
    IRO, Nov 7, 2003
  8. SteveM

    Coll Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 09:34:18 +1300, IRO <>
    wrote:

    >In article <Xns942BBD531E0A2sdmccremovemeparadis@202.20.93.13>,
    > SteveM <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone else having problems with their Paradise DSL connection.
    >>
    >> I am getting up to 20% packet loss off the kelly.ipnet2 router and it
    >> has been happening for over two weeks.
    >>
    >> Called the hell desk and they know about it but do not know when it
    >> will be fixed.
    >>
    >> I can cope with 1, maybe 2 days, but 2 weeks?
    >>
    >> I don't think it is unreasonable to think that they should get this fixed
    >> fast or supply some kind of rebate/refund for not being able to deliver the
    >> service they promise.
    >>
    >> Or am I being unreasonable??

    >A mate just cured his Paradise problems by switching to iHug. He hasn't
    >been able to upgrade his connection speed yet (Telescum are a bit
    >sluggish) but he's seen a big improvement already. Paradise's typical
    >Jetstart 11-13kBps have jumped to 14-16kBps and without the curious
    >pauses.
    >
    >I'm tempted to join him. For the same price as Paradise's Jetstart I can
    >get a 32kBps (256kbps) through iHug. Capped at 1000MB, true, but I've
    >never reached 700 yet.
    >
    >IRO

    Be careful . With Jetstream 1000 Telecom keep the usage totals and their totals
    never agreed with my totals (about 50 % higher than mine) . I found the
    overheads of dropped packets etc were very high when I was on Jetstream 1000.
    Jetstream 1000 doesn't differentiate between national and international traffic
    either does it ?
    --

    Col

    A: Top-posters.
    Coll, Nov 7, 2003
  9. SteveM

    Craig Shore Guest

    <> wrote:

    >In article <Xns942BBD531E0A2sdmccremovemeparadis@202.20.93.13>,
    > SteveM <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone else having problems with their Paradise DSL connection.
    >>
    >> I am getting up to 20% packet loss off the kelly.ipnet2 router and it
    >> has been happening for over two weeks.
    >>
    >> Called the hell desk and they know about it but do not know when it
    >> will be fixed.
    >>
    >> I can cope with 1, maybe 2 days, but 2 weeks?
    >>
    >> I don't think it is unreasonable to think that they should get this fixed
    >> fast or supply some kind of rebate/refund for not being able to deliver the
    >> service they promise.
    >>
    >> Or am I being unreasonable??

    >A mate just cured his Paradise problems by switching to iHug. He hasn't
    >been able to upgrade his connection speed yet (Telescum are a bit
    >sluggish) but he's seen a big improvement already. Paradise's typical
    >Jetstart 11-13kBps have jumped to 14-16kBps and without the curious
    >pauses.

    I'm in Christchurch and have none of those problems. I get the 15 that
    I should.
    Craig Shore, Nov 7, 2003
  10. SteveM

    IRO Guest

    In article <>,
    (Craig Shore) wrote:

    > >A mate just cured his Paradise problems by switching to iHug. He hasn't
    > >been able to upgrade his connection speed yet (Telescum are a bit
    > >sluggish) but he's seen a big improvement already. Paradise's typical
    > >Jetstart 11-13kBps have jumped to 14-16kBps and without the curious
    > >pauses.

    > I'm in Christchurch and have none of those problems. I get the 15 that
    > I should.

    I suspect that it may be linked to your individual connection. We've sat
    on the phone and both opened the same site, like ib.bnz.co.nz, at the
    same time. His desktop is twice as fast as my laptop, we're both using
    the same browser, we've both cleared our browser caches before starting,
    yet mine has completed rendering the page in half the time of his. Since
    switching to iHug he beats me every time.

    You've piqued my interest in National/International, Coll. I must start
    digging for the MacOS software needed to log every item.
    Since they are changing their charging rate they could be awarding
    themselves a license to print their own money unless you keep a close
    watch on them. Any luck in arguing the toss?

    ~IRO
    IRO, Nov 8, 2003