    It was as bad yesterday.....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jul 6, 2005

  2. thing

    Kazonme Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:10:43 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >Just got an email, sent from work at 2:27pm, taken off our smtp server
    >at that time my paradise's smtp server and finally seen in the inbox at
    >5:56pm......
    >
    >It was as bad yesterday.....

    It has been bad for the last 2 weeks, intermittently, especially the smtp
    server!

    Kazonme, Jul 6, 2005

  3. thing

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:29:46 +1200, Kazonme <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:10:43 +1200, thing <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just got an email, sent from work at 2:27pm, taken off our smtp server
    >>at that time my paradise's smtp server and finally seen in the inbox at
    >>5:56pm......
    >>
    >>It was as bad yesterday.....
    >>

    >It has been bad for the last 2 weeks, intermittently, especially the smtp
    >server!

    FTPing to there web page server is bad too. I have a web camera that
    uploads and there seem to be periods of up to a couple of hours when
    it cannot connect.

    Emailed them on the weekend but so far no responce.

    Bruce.

    Bruce Knox, Jul 6, 2005
  4. thing

    David Preece Guest

    Bruce Knox wrote:
    > FTPing to there web page server is bad too. I have a web camera that
    > uploads and there seem to be periods of up to a couple of hours when
    > it cannot connect.

    Yeah, I've been having this. I believe that their authentication servers
    are overloaded for some reason. About one time in 3 I can connect via
    FTP client (UltraEdit in this case), but command line connects OK every
    time - presumably because of the additional delay involved and there's
    some kind of race condition going on.

    If you can get your webcam thing to put a small delay between connecting
    to ftp and attempting to authenticate it may well work a lot better.

    Cheers,
    Dave

    David Preece, Jul 7, 2005
  5. David Preece wrote:
    > Yeah, I've been having this. I believe that their authentication servers
    > are overloaded for some reason. About one time in 3 I can connect via
    > FTP client (UltraEdit in this case), but command line connects OK every
    > time - presumably because of the additional delay involved and there's
    > some kind of race condition going on.

    Aha. That explains the problem I was having last weekend where ftp from
    command line and Internet Explorer worked fine, but ftp from Firefox
    FireFTP or direct from Dreamweaver to Paradise did not.

    Paradise have been having these issues on and off for the last year, but
    more so since their internal servers got compromised 6 months or so back.

    Time to move any critical stuff off of there, methinks.

    Stewart Fleming, Jul 7, 2005