    Then told me straight away, that it wasnt a problem at thier end.

    It seems I can send , but not receive, are other paradise users having
    the same problem?

    Brett Dale, May 15, 2004

  2. Brett Dale

    Kazonme Guest

    On 14 May 2004 20:16:10 -0700, (Brett Dale)
    wrote:

    >Is anyone with paradise having problems with receiving emails.
    >I have friends and relatives who have sent me emails over the past
    >two days and I havent receive them.
    >
    >I tried setting up a hotmail and yahoo email account to test it out.
    >Some went through and some didnt. My computer is free of virus, Ive
    >never had this problem before with other ISPs in the past.
    >
    >The help desk at paradise, didnt really help, just basically gave me
    >the same BS, "Have your friends written your email address right?"
    >Then told me straight away, that it wasnt a problem at thier end.
    >
    >It seems I can send , but not receive, are other paradise users having
    >the same problem?

    This happened me on several occasion ?

    Imagine someone on Trademe accuse me for not replying after my bid was
    successful!

    I think Paradise spam engine is the culprit!

    Kazonme, May 15, 2004

  3. Brett Dale

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Kazonme wrote:
    > On 14 May 2004 20:16:10 -0700, (Brett Dale)
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Is anyone with paradise having problems with receiving emails.
    >>I have friends and relatives who have sent me emails over the past
    >>two days and I havent receive them.
    >>
    >>I tried setting up a hotmail and yahoo email account to test it out.
    >>Some went through and some didnt. My computer is free of virus, Ive
    >>never had this problem before with other ISPs in the past.
    >>
    >>The help desk at paradise, didnt really help, just basically gave me
    >>the same BS, "Have your friends written your email address right?"
    >>Then told me straight away, that it wasnt a problem at thier end.
    >>
    >>It seems I can send , but not receive, are other paradise users having
    >>the same problem?

    > This happened me on several occasion ?
    >
    > Imagine someone on Trademe accuse me for not replying after my bid was
    > successful!
    >
    > I think Paradise spam engine is the culprit!

    Yes, I had that same problem with the SPAM filter when I was on Paradise
    so I'd say that was the most likely cause even though in my cases there
    didn't seem to be any real indication that the email I received could be
    considered SPAM.

    Chris Mayhew, May 15, 2004
  4. Brett Dale

    Weez Guest

    "Brett Dale" <> wrote in message
    > Is anyone with paradise having problems with receiving emails.

    I didn't receive an email last week on Monday ... I just assumed the person
    who sent it had somehow stuffed it up, she was adamant that she had sent it,
    wasn't in spam cos i double-checked. Might give the helpdesk a call about
    it ... make them aware that it maybe a across the board problem. ..J

    Weez, May 15, 2004
  5. Brett Dale

    Weez Guest

    "Weez" <> wrote in message

    > I didn't receive an email last week on Monday ... I just assumed the

    person
    > who sent it had somehow stuffed it up, she was adamant that she had sent

    it,
    > wasn't in spam cos i double-checked. Might give the helpdesk a call about
    > it ... make them aware that it maybe a across the board problem. ..J

    I just checked with the helpdesk and they are a aware of no problems ... the
    helpdesk person checked "Rachel"(the mailserver) and it had no outstanding
    mail for my account. Something weird is going on and TC are dodging
    questions. They said they will keep an eye on my account ... make sure if
    YOU are having problems make them aware of it ... as soon as they realise
    the extent ...the sooner they'll fix it.

    Weez, May 15, 2004
  6. Brett Dale

    Dale) wrote:

    >Is anyone with paradise having problems with receiving emails.
    >I have friends and relatives who have sent me emails over the past
    >two days and I havent receive them.
    >
    >I tried setting up a hotmail and yahoo email account to test it out.
    >Some went through and some didnt. My computer is free of virus, Ive
    >never had this problem before with other ISPs in the past.
    >
    >The help desk at paradise, didnt really help, just basically gave me
    >the same BS, "Have your friends written your email address right?"
    >Then told me straight away, that it wasnt a problem at thier end.
    >
    >It seems I can send , but not receive, are other paradise users having
    >the same problem?

    I got an email with Sober-G today. What happened to their virus
    filter?

    Bruce.

    , May 15, 2004
  7. Brett Dale

    Robert Guest

    I have had email sent from paradise to intersol.co.nz bounce back as being
    SPAM.

    Robert, May 15, 2004
  8. Brett Dale

    Dale) wrote:

    >Is anyone with paradise having problems with receiving emails.
    >I have friends and relatives who have sent me emails over the past
    >two days and I havent receive them.
    >
    >I tried setting up a hotmail and yahoo email account to test it out.
    >Some went through and some didnt. My computer is free of virus, Ive
    >never had this problem before with other ISPs in the past.
    >
    >The help desk at paradise, didnt really help, just basically gave me
    >the same BS, "Have your friends written your email address right?"
    >Then told me straight away, that it wasnt a problem at thier end.
    >
    >It seems I can send , but not receive, are other paradise users having
    >the same problem?

    Just a thought. I had a problem the other day when my webcam stopped
    ftp'ing to paradise. I finally traced it to what appeared to be a
    block because I had exceeded the 10Mb limit. Most of it was spam
    sitting in the spam folder.

    e.g. 1000 spams x 10KB = 10MB

    I now have to empty the spam folder at least once a week to stop it
    recurring. I wish you could opt for having the spam deleted rather
    than stored.

    Bruce.

    , May 15, 2004
  9. Brett Dale

    Weez Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I now have to empty the spam folder at least once a week to stop it
    > recurring. I wish you could opt for having the spam deleted rather
    > than stored.
    >
    > Bruce.

    I wish you could select all spam with one hit, have to select each page
    individually then delete and purge, takes ages ... they need to change this.
    ...J

    Weez, May 16, 2004
  10. Brett Dale

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 16 May 2004 12:05:14 +1200, "Weez" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> I now have to empty the spam folder at least once a week to stop it
    >> recurring. I wish you could opt for having the spam deleted rather
    >> than stored.
    >>
    >> Bruce.
    >>

    >I wish you could select all spam with one hit, have to select each page
    >individually then delete and purge, takes ages ... they need to change this.
    >..J

    I can't be bothered deleting them for that reason. It just takes way too long.

    Invisible, May 16, 2004