Paradise download attachments sux

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ray Colvill, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Ray Colvill

    Ray Colvill Guest

    I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz

    i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.

    After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.

    Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    problem over 4-6 months.

    he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.

    I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but paradise will
    not let me do so.

    Help please

    (yes i have been to paradise for assistance)

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    Ray Colvill, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Ray Colvill

    Tony Guest

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:24:23 +1200, "Ray Colvill" <>
    wrote:

    >I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >
    >i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >
    >After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >
    >Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    >problem over 4-6 months.
    >
    >he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    >in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >
    >I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but paradise will
    >not let me do so.
    >
    >Help please
    >
    >(yes i have been to paradise for assistance)
    >

    >Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
    >The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    >http://mail.spaminspector.com

    They did restrict the e-mail buffer to 2 megs from 10..

    Is that your problem..?

    Tony, Aug 5, 2005

  3. "Ray Colvill" <> wrote in message
    >I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >
    > i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >
    > After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >
    > Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    > problem over 4-6 months.
    >
    > he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    > in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >
    > I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but paradise
    > will not let me do so.
    >
    > Help please

    Are you using any antivirus? Some programs, like Norton will actually
    download attachments, scan and then send to OE or other programs. It
    sometimes do create a problem, but they have a timeout option. Check this...

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz

    Mauricio Freitas, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Ray Colvill

    N.Oway Guest

    Ray Colvill wrote:
    > I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >
    > i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >
    > After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >
    > Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    > problem over 4-6 months.
    >
    > he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    > in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >
    > I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but paradise will
    > not let me do so.

    You could get them emailed to a Gmail account.

    Each email can be up to 10mb to a total of 2gb

    I'll send you an invite for an account if you want one.

    N.Oway, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Ray Colvill

    Enkidu Guest

    Ray Colvill wrote:
    > I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >
    > i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >
    > After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >
    > Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    > problem over 4-6 months.
    >
    > he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    > in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >
    > I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but paradise will
    > not let me do so.
    >
    > Help please
    >
    > (yes i have been to paradise for assistance)

    Then don't use email. Use something like "Hello". Or a
    web-based system of some sort.

    http://www.hello.com

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Ray Colvill

    shannon Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > Ray Colvill wrote:
    >
    >> I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >>
    >> i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >>
    >> After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >>
    >> Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    >> problem over 4-6 months.
    >>
    >> he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    >> in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >>
    >> I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but
    >> paradise will not let me do so.
    >>
    >> Help please
    >>
    >> (yes i have been to paradise for assistance)
    >>

    > Then don't use email. Use something like "Hello". Or a web-based system
    > of some sort.
    >
    > http://www.hello.com
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Soulseek is good for that sort of transfer.
    http://www.slsknet.org/

    shannon, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Ray Colvill

    Ross Guest

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:24:50 +1200, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    >Ray Colvill wrote:
    >> I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >>
    >> i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >>
    >> After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >>
    >> Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    >> problem over 4-6 months.
    >>
    >> he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    >> in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >>
    >> I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but paradise will
    >> not let me do so.
    >>
    >> Help please
    >>
    >> (yes i have been to paradise for assistance)
    >>

    >Then don't use email. Use something like "Hello". Or a
    >web-based system of some sort.
    >
    >http://www.hello.com
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Or better still, send your attachment to www.yousendit.com
    The recipient gets an email with a link to download it. (will stay
    there for 7 days in case they are slow to go get it).

    Ross

    Ross, Aug 5, 2005
  8. Ray Colvill

    SteveM Guest

    "Ray Colvill" <> wrote in

    > I cannot download attachments of 3.2 megs on paradise.net.nz
    >
    > i set the timeout to the max at 5 minutes.
    >
    > After 3-4 warnings of no activity OE6 drops the download.
    >
    > Now listen up , my son had no success with paradise in solving this
    > problem over 4-6 months.
    >
    > he changed ISP to ORCON and without any change in settings
    > in IE6 he can download average size photos with ease.
    >
    > I want to download photos of my grandson for printing out, but
    > paradise will not let me do so.
    >
    > Help please
    >
    > (yes i have been to paradise for assistance)
    >

    > Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
    > The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    > http://mail.spaminspector.com

    Use the paradise webmail site (webmail.paradise.net.nz) and download the
    pictures using your browser???

    SteveM

    SteveM, Aug 5, 2005
  9. Ray Colvill

    Jerry Guest

    Ross wrote:

    > Or better still, send your attachment to www.yousendit.com
    > The recipient gets an email with a link to download it. (will stay
    > there for 7 days in case they are slow to go get it).

    and yousendit gets your friends e-mail address. I hope no one sends
    them mine.

    Jerry, Aug 5, 2005
  10. Ray Colvill

    bambam Guest

    Jerry <> wrote in news:42f3dece$:

    > Ross wrote:
    > >
    >> Or better still, send your attachment to www.yousendit.com
    >> The recipient gets an email with a link to download it. (will stay
    >> there for 7 days in case they are slow to go get it).

    > and yousendit gets your friends e-mail address. I hope no one sends
    > them mine.

    Just send the link to yourself, then send the direct link to your friend.
    Is your email address above legit?

    bambam, Aug 6, 2005