    evening.
    --
    Seagull
    Seagull, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Seagull

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:25:12 +1300, "Seagull"
    <> wrote:

    >I had major problems connecting to paradise yesterday. like 2 connects out
    >of 50+ tries
    >
    >I talked to their helpdesk and the guy checked the logs and said its my
    >modem that's had it.
    >
    >I went out and bought another modem (not yet installed) but have since had
    >4 connects out of five tries.
    >
    >Anyone else found Paradise dial up a shambles yesterday especially in the
    >evening.

    After trialling KOL for a couple of days I'm quite happy with
    Paradise. KOL connects better than Paradise and I don't get booted
    like I do with Paradise. It's a pity the KOL is extremely slow and
    times out so often.

    I can't say the Paradise was any worse than it usually is for
    connecting yesterday. It usually always takes me 2 or 3 tries.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Seagull

    Invisible Guest

    wrote:

    >I had major problems connecting to paradise yesterday. like 2 connects out
    >of 50+ tries
    >
    >I talked to their helpdesk and the guy checked the logs and said its my
    >modem that's had it.
    >
    >I went out and bought another modem (not yet installed) but have since had
    >4 connects out of five tries.
    >
    >Anyone else found Paradise dial up a shambles yesterday especially in the
    >evening.

    Yep, same here. Crap connections galore. It's been happening to me over the last
    few days.
    Invisible, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Seagull

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Seagull" <> wrote in message
    >I had major problems connecting to paradise yesterday. like 2 connects out
    >of 50+ tries
    >
    > I talked to their helpdesk and the guy checked the logs and said its my
    > modem that's had it.
    >
    > I went out and bought another modem (not yet installed) but have since
    > had 4 connects out of five tries.
    >
    > Anyone else found Paradise dial up a shambles yesterday especially in the
    > evening.
    > --
    > Seagull

    I saw your troubles earlier as I skimmed over your post, I didn't realise
    you bought a new modem. If things improve without installing the new
    modem - which they will. You should ring the helpdesk to get them to pay
    for the modem that you don't need.

    I posted this earlier in another thread straight from Paradise's online
    help. To bad the helpdesk doesn't read their own website, they just might
    learn what's going on.

    "There is currently an outage on the Paradise server
    'vanessa.paradise.net.nz'

    This server is responsible for most web hosting services on the Paradise.Net
    network.

    It is also causing some load balancing issues across the other servers, so
    there may also be some mail delays when sending email.

    Technicians are solely focusing on getting this resolved as quickly as
    possible without causing loss of data."

    Going by that - a fat lot of good a brand new modem at your end will do.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Seagull

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <1106449715.517183@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...

    > "Seagull" <> wrote in message
    > >I had major problems connecting to paradise yesterday. like 2 connects out
    > >of 50+ tries
    > >
    > > I talked to their helpdesk and the guy checked the logs and said its my
    > > modem that's had it.
    > >
    > > I went out and bought another modem (not yet installed) but have since
    > > had 4 connects out of five tries.
    > >
    > > Anyone else found Paradise dial up a shambles yesterday especially in the
    > > evening.
    > > --
    > > Seagull

    > I saw your troubles earlier as I skimmed over your post, I didn't realise
    > you bought a new modem. If things improve without installing the new
    > modem - which they will. You should ring the helpdesk to get them to pay
    > for the modem that you don't need.
    >
    > I posted this earlier in another thread straight from Paradise's online
    > help. To bad the helpdesk doesn't read their own website, they just might
    > learn what's going on.
    >
    > "There is currently an outage on the Paradise server
    > 'vanessa.paradise.net.nz'
    >
    > This server is responsible for most web hosting services on the Paradise.Net
    > network.
    >
    > It is also causing some load balancing issues across the other servers, so
    > there may also be some mail delays when sending email.
    >
    > Technicians are solely focusing on getting this resolved as quickly as
    > possible without causing loss of data."
    >
    > Going by that - a fat lot of good a brand new modem at your end will do.

    None of the current problems at Paradise will stop your modem from
    handhaking and connecting with their modems.

    ie you're talking like Woger again - a complete fuken load of crap.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Jan 23, 2005
  6. Seagull

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "T-Boy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <1106449715.517183@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>
    >> "Seagull" <> wrote in message
    >> >I had major problems connecting to paradise yesterday. like 2 connects
    >> >out
    >> >of 50+ tries
    >> >
    >> > I talked to their helpdesk and the guy checked the logs and said its my
    >> > modem that's had it.
    >> >
    >> > I went out and bought another modem (not yet installed) but have since
    >> > had 4 connects out of five tries.
    >> >
    >> > Anyone else found Paradise dial up a shambles yesterday especially in
    >> > the
    >> > evening.
    >> > --
    >> > Seagull

    >> I saw your troubles earlier as I skimmed over your post, I didn't realise
    >> you bought a new modem. If things improve without installing the new
    >> modem - which they will. You should ring the helpdesk to get them to pay
    >> for the modem that you don't need.
    >>
    >> I posted this earlier in another thread straight from Paradise's online
    >> help. To bad the helpdesk doesn't read their own website, they just
    >> might
    >> learn what's going on.
    >>
    >> "There is currently an outage on the Paradise server
    >> 'vanessa.paradise.net.nz'
    >>
    >> This server is responsible for most web hosting services on the
    >> Paradise.Net
    >> network.
    >>
    >> It is also causing some load balancing issues across the other servers,
    >> so
    >> there may also be some mail delays when sending email.
    >>
    >> Technicians are solely focusing on getting this resolved as quickly as
    >> possible without causing loss of data."
    >>
    >> Going by that - a fat lot of good a brand new modem at your end will do.

    > None of the current problems at Paradise will stop your modem from
    > handhaking and connecting with their modems.
    >
    > ie you're talking like Woger again - a complete fuken load of crap.
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    Piss off. I know someone who is on Paradise and another ISP as well.
    They've had nothing but trouble connecting to Paradise, and then the
    connection gets cut off after a while.
    When they use the other ISP they get connected straight away with no
    problems.
    You're making a fool of yourself as usual. The problems at Paradise are no
    big secret.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jan 23, 2005