  1. big cat

    big cat Guest

    Seems that you can't post at all.
    big cat, Mar 13, 2005

  2. big cat

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
    <>, big cat wrote:

    > Seems that you can't post at all.

    Hello Roger

    Same problem here. The news server returns an error message

    441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)

    It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Mar 13, 2005

  3. big cat

    slots Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
    > <>, big cat wrote:
    >

    >>Seems that you can't post at all.

    > Hello Roger
    >

    > Same problem here. The news server returns an error message
    >
    > 441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)
    >
    > It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

    Same here, I'm just glad of have a backup server which ironically
    doesn't cost me anything.
    slots, Mar 13, 2005
  4. big cat

    Leftist Elk Guest

    Ralph Fox <-echo.invalid> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
    > <>, big cat wrote:
    >
    > > Seems that you can't post at all.

    > Hello Roger
    >

    > Same problem here. The news server returns an error message
    >
    > 441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)
    >
    > It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

    You've got to larf, what else can you do!

    Back on the 4th of the month their newserver wasn't getting any
    newsfeeds from virtually anywhere. I (vainly) posted a message through
    their on-line help system. The problem was eventually fixed.

    Now Clear customers can't post to the newserver and today I get a
    message (in response to my message) from the help system "Currently
    there is an issue regarding the news server for Clear and Paradise.
    Our technicians are currently working on this issue and will endeavour
    to fixed this problem as soon as possible. We apologise for any
    inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions
    please contact us."

    I wonder which problem they are working on?
    Leftist Elk, Mar 14, 2005
  5. big cat

    SchoolTech Guest

    "Leftist Elk" <> wrote in message
    > Ralph Fox <-echo.invalid> wrote in
    > message news:<>...
    >> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
    >> <>, big cat wrote:
    >>
    >> > Seems that you can't post at all.

    >> Hello Roger
    >>

    >> Same problem here. The news server returns an error message
    >>
    >> 441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)
    >>
    >> It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

    > You've got to larf, what else can you do!
    >
    > Back on the 4th of the month their newserver wasn't getting any
    > newsfeeds from virtually anywhere. I (vainly) posted a message through
    > their on-line help system. The problem was eventually fixed.
    >
    > Now Clear customers can't post to the newserver and today I get a
    > message (in response to my message) from the help system "Currently
    > there is an issue regarding the news server for Clear and Paradise.
    > Our technicians are currently working on this issue and will endeavour
    > to fixed this problem as soon as possible. We apologise for any
    > inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions
    > please contact us."

    How do you manage to get anything out of the help system (by email) other
    than canned autoresponses that always say "Solved" when it isn't?
    SchoolTech, Mar 14, 2005
  6. big cat

    Guest

    Re: Paradise/Clear Newserver Problems..

    SchoolTech wrote:
    ....snip...

    > How do you manage to get anything out of the help system (by email)

    other
    > than canned autoresponses that always say "Solved" when it isn't?

    Dunno. But it appears to be from a real person. It was even cc'ed to my
    work email which I think I mentioned in message body.
    , Mar 14, 2005