Paradise Cable Crap in CHCH at Present?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JB, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. JB

    JB Guest

    Hi

    Anyone else in CHCH having a shockingly slow cable connection at present?

    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest/speedtest500.html

    Download time: 26.518 seconds
    Size of file: 500 Kilobytes
    Estimated line speed: 153.9 (kilobits/second)
    Estimated line speed: 18.9 (kilobytes/second)

    This is what I usually get

    Download time: 1.532 seconds
    Size of file: 500 Kilobytes
    Estimated line speed: 2663.2 (kilobits/second)
    Estimated line speed: 326.4 (kilobytes/second)

    Cheers

    JB
    JB, Jul 9, 2004

  2. On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:02:36 +1200, JB wrote:

    > Anyone else in CHCH having a shockingly slow cable connection at present?
    >
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest/speedtest500.html

    Nope. We are getting almost 3Mbps atm and have been for all the
    time we have had 2Mbps cable :). Have you tried downloading from other
    sites?

    Andrew Bryson
    Andrew Bryson, Jul 9, 2004

  3. JB

    Bok Guest

    JB wrote:
    > Hi

    > Anyone else in CHCH having a shockingly slow cable connection at present?

    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest/speedtest500.html
    > This is what I usually get
    > Download time: 1.532 seconds
    > Size of file: 500 Kilobytes
    > Estimated line speed: 2663.2 (kilobits/second)
    > Estimated line speed: 326.4 (kilobytes/second)

    We have a 2Mbps cable connection in chch.
    ~3Mbps for the 500KB download and ~2Mbps for the 1MB download.
    Bok, Jul 10, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:02:36 +1200, JB wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone else in CHCH having a shockingly slow cable connection at present?
    > >
    > > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest/speedtest500.html

    > Nope. We are getting almost 3Mbps atm and have been for all the
    > time we have had 2Mbps cable :). Have you tried downloading from other
    > sites?

    There has been a lot of general http problems over the past few days on
    Paradise Chch, it seems to have cleared up now, but I was using a cable
    connection on Thursday, it was terrible.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 10, 2004