    Invisible Guest

    Anyone been fully upgraded yet? My data cap has increased, but the speed is
    still @ 256k. So it's halfway there.
    Invisible, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Invisible

    Allistar Guest

    Invisible wrote:

    > Anyone been fully upgraded yet? My data cap has increased, but the speed
    > is still @ 256k. So it's halfway there.

    I must have been living in a cave. Paradise plans are being upgraded? I'm on
    the 2Mb/256kb 10Gb cap plan, any idea what this will be upgraded to? I'd be
    happy if the 256kb was 512kb or 1Mb.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Invisible

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:20:18 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:

    >Invisible wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone been fully upgraded yet? My data cap has increased, but the speed
    >> is still @ 256k. So it's halfway there.

    >I must have been living in a cave. Paradise plans are being upgraded? I'm on
    >the 2Mb/256kb 10Gb cap plan, any idea what this will be upgraded to? I'd be
    >happy if the 256kb was 512kb or 1Mb.

    ADSL or cable? The new ADSL plans (through TelstraClear) are fairly
    unimpressive, and none have higher than 128up. Your current plan looks better!

    http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/products/internet/highspeedADSL/newuser.cfm

    TelstraClear HighSpeed2 2Mbps/128kbps 1GB* $38.95
    TelstraClear HighSpeed2 3.5Mbps/128kbps 5GB* $48.95
    TelstraClear HighSpeed4 3.5Mbps/128kbps 10GB* $68.95

    Was supposed to change over on the 2nd:

    "*Getting something for nothing doesn't happen every day. But today is
    different.*

    We're pleased to announce that effective 2 April 2006, your HighSpeed Internet
    plan is going to be upgraded.

    It is going to get faster. It won't cost anything extra and you don't have to do
    anything - everything will happen automatically.

    *Your new plan is: TelstraClear HighSpeed Medium Usage Plan (3G) *

    Old Downstream Speed 256kbps
    New Downstream Speed *3.5mbps*

    Old Monthly Traffic Allowance 3G
    New Monthly Traffic Allowance *5G*

    *That's almost eight times faster and 60% more traffic... for no extra cost. *

    Now's good to be with TelstraClear"
    Invisible, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Invisible

    Allistar Guest

    Invisible wrote:

    > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:20:18 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Invisible wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone been fully upgraded yet? My data cap has increased, but the speed
    >>> is still @ 256k. So it's halfway there.

    >>I must have been living in a cave. Paradise plans are being upgraded? I'm
    >>on the 2Mb/256kb 10Gb cap plan, any idea what this will be upgraded to?
    >>I'd be happy if the 256kb was 512kb or 1Mb.

    > ADSL or cable? The new ADSL plans (through TelstraClear) are fairly
    > unimpressive, and none have higher than 128up. Your current plan looks
    > better!

    ADSL. Maybe it is only 128kb/s up. Always though it was more.

    > http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/products/internet/highspeedADSL/newuser.cfm
    >
    > TelstraClear HighSpeed2 2Mbps/128kbps 1GB* $38.95
    > TelstraClear HighSpeed2 3.5Mbps/128kbps 5GB* $48.95
    > TelstraClear HighSpeed4 3.5Mbps/128kbps 10GB* $68.95
    >
    > Was supposed to change over on the 2nd:

    I've just checked on a speed test site and am now getting 3610.9kbps!! I
    don't think I'll notice though, it the upstream bandwidth that cripples
    what I do.

    > "*Getting something for nothing doesn't happen every day. But today is
    > different.*
    >
    > We're pleased to announce that effective 2 April 2006, your HighSpeed
    > Internet plan is going to be upgraded.
    >
    > It is going to get faster. It won't cost anything extra and you don't have
    > to do anything - everything will happen automatically.
    >
    > *Your new plan is: TelstraClear HighSpeed Medium Usage Plan (3G) *
    >
    > Old Downstream Speed 256kbps
    > New Downstream Speed *3.5mbps*
    >

    > Old Monthly Traffic Allowance 3G
    > New Monthly Traffic Allowance *5G*
    >

    > *That's almost eight times faster and 60% more traffic... for no extra
    > cost. *
    >
    > Now's good to be with TelstraClear"

    Indeed. Apart from a shonky newsserver and a hassle getting ADSL installed
    when we shifted to the Bay of Plenty (which was Telecoms fault anyway),
    Paradise has overall been good to be with.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Apr 4, 2006
  5. Invisible

    Allistar Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > Invisible wrote:

    >>>I must have been living in a cave. Paradise plans are being upgraded? I'm
    >>>on the 2Mb/256kb 10Gb cap plan, any idea what this will be upgraded to?
    >>>I'd be happy if the 256kb was 512kb or 1Mb.

    >> ADSL or cable? The new ADSL plans (through TelstraClear) are fairly
    >> unimpressive, and none have higher than 128up. Your current plan looks
    >> better!

    > ADSL. Maybe it is only 128kb/s up. Always though it was more.
    >
    >> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/products/internet/highspeedADSL/newuser.cfm
    >>
    >> TelstraClear HighSpeed2 2Mbps/128kbps 1GB* $38.95
    >> TelstraClear HighSpeed2 3.5Mbps/128kbps 5GB* $48.95
    >> TelstraClear HighSpeed4 3.5Mbps/128kbps 10GB* $68.95
    >>
    >> Was supposed to change over on the 2nd:

    > I've just checked on a speed test site and am now getting 3610.9kbps!! I
    > don't think I'll notice though, it the upstream bandwidth that cripples
    > what I do.

    My spam filter classified the paradise email as spam, which is why I never
    saw it.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Apr 4, 2006