    stage didn't have an eta for the fix but they were working on it. She
    told me all that before I had a chance to tell her why I was calling
    (straight after I said I was a Paradise ADSL customer).

    Craig Shore, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Craig Shore wrote:

    > In case anyone is reading here and wondering what's happened to their
    > connection, Paradise ADSL is currently down.

    Fine here on Paradise ADSL. Had a DNS outage earlier in the evening though.

    > I've gotta say i'm damm impressed with their helpdesk now. An
    > automated chick answers and you have to speak to her to tell her what
    > you want (no touch tone numbers, it uses voice recognition). After

    You gotta wonder what responses they actually get though, not just
    limited to the options...

    Stewart Fleming, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Craig Shore

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:00:40 +1200, Craig Shore
    <> wrote:

    >In case anyone is reading here and wondering what's happened to their
    >connection, Paradise ADSL is currently down.
    >
    >I've gotta say i'm damm impressed with their helpdesk now. An
    >automated chick answers and you have to speak to her to tell her what
    >you want (no touch tone numbers, it uses voice recognition). After
    >answering her question I was put through to someone almost immediatly
    >(less that 5 seconds). The person that answered knew straight away
    >that they had an outage, had done so for about 10 mins and at that
    >stage didn't have an eta for the fix but they were working on it. She
    >told me all that before I had a chance to tell her why I was calling
    >(straight after I said I was a Paradise ADSL customer).

    I'm on Paradise ADSL and have had no problems.

    Agree that I have had better responce from help line recently.

    Bruce.

    Bruce Knox, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Craig Shore

    Steven Guest

    Was down for me around the same time. Not sure how long it was down for
    though.

    I notice that Paradise now have a network status page on their www site.
    Last updated 6 am this morning. The network status page is now down....

    Steven, Jun 8, 2005
  5. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:15:44 +1200, Bruce Knox <>
    wrote:

    >I'm on Paradise ADSL and have had no problems.

    Must have been only some of it then. It's going fine now. I'm in Christchurch
    off the Burwood exchange.

    Craig Shore, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Craig Shore

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:00:40 +1200, in message
     <>, Craig Shore wrote:

    >In case anyone is reading here and wondering what's happened to their
    >connection, Paradise ADSL is currently down.
    >
    >I've gotta say i'm damm impressed with their helpdesk now. An
    >automated chick answers and you have to speak to her to tell her what
    >you want (no touch tone numbers, it uses voice recognition). After
    >answering her question I was put through to someone almost immediatly
    >(less that 5 seconds).

    That's quick!

    I was told 15 minutes, tonight, by the automated voice.
    I gave up part way through.

    Ralph Fox, Jun 9, 2005