    and is there any way to print on the Kodak stuff without having
    to cut off the white stripe?

    Thanks.
    DiggerDog, Jan 14, 2004

  2. DiggerDog

    Guest

    In message <Pe3Nb.44616$Rc4.182205@attbi_s54>,
    "DiggerDog" <> wrote:

    >What's the deal with photo paper.
    >
    >I bought a Canon printer which came with a sample of 4x6 paper
    >and pictures turned out perfect. Then, I bought a box of Kodak
    >4x6 and it turns out to be 4x6.5 so there is a white stripe on
    >the edge of my "borderless" pictures and I haven't been able to
    >get my software to print to fit it.
    >How does one know what size really means when the contents may
    >not match the box label
    >and is there any way to print on the Kodak stuff without having
    >to cut off the white stripe?

    Sounds to me like the extra 1/2 inch is there so that you *can* priint
    borderless, without any problems. Lots of printers have problems with
    borderless prints because they have nothing to grab onto when the last
    edge of the paper is being printed. Office Depot makes paper that has
    the extra 1/2 inch attached with a weak masking tape, and it pulls right
    off after printing. Office Depot paper is much better liked than Kodak
    paper, BTW.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Jan 14, 2004

  3. DiggerDog

    Ron Hunter Guest

    DiggerDog wrote:
    > What's the deal with photo paper.
    >
    > I bought a Canon printer which came with a sample of 4x6 paper
    > and pictures turned out perfect. Then, I bought a box of Kodak
    > 4x6 and it turns out to be 4x6.5 so there is a white stripe on
    > the edge of my "borderless" pictures and I haven't been able to
    > get my software to print to fit it.
    > How does one know what size really means when the contents may
    > not match the box label
    > and is there any way to print on the Kodak stuff without having
    > to cut off the white stripe?
    >
    > Thanks.

    The strip is perforated, so you can tear it off after printing, leaving
    a borderless print. The idea is to allow inkjet printers to properly
    align the paper and feed it through.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2004
  4. DiggerDog

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:

    > In message <Pe3Nb.44616$Rc4.182205@attbi_s54>,
    > "DiggerDog" <> wrote:
    >

    >>What's the deal with photo paper.
    >>
    >>I bought a Canon printer which came with a sample of 4x6 paper
    >>and pictures turned out perfect. Then, I bought a box of Kodak
    >>4x6 and it turns out to be 4x6.5 so there is a white stripe on
    >>the edge of my "borderless" pictures and I haven't been able to
    >>get my software to print to fit it.
    >>How does one know what size really means when the contents may
    >>not match the box label
    >>and is there any way to print on the Kodak stuff without having
    >>to cut off the white stripe?

    > Sounds to me like the extra 1/2 inch is there so that you *can* priint
    > borderless, without any problems. Lots of printers have problems with
    > borderless prints because they have nothing to grab onto when the last
    > edge of the paper is being printed. Office Depot makes paper that has
    > the extra 1/2 inch attached with a weak masking tape, and it pulls right
    > off after printing. Office Depot paper is much better liked than Kodak
    > paper, BTW.

    Oh? By whom?
    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2004
  5. DiggerDog

    DiggerDog Guest

    The Kodak paper doesn't have a perforation. (At least this box
    doesn't).

    DiggerDog, Jan 14, 2004
  6. DiggerDog

    Ron Hunter Guest

    DiggerDog wrote:
    > The Kodak paper doesn't have a perforation. (At least this box
    > doesn't).
    >

    > > > and is there any way to print on the Kodak stuff without

    > having
    >
    >>>to cut off the white stripe?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>The strip is perforated, so you can tear it off after printing,

    > leaving
    >
    >>a borderless print. The idea is to allow inkjet printers to

    > properly
    >
    >>align the paper and feed it through.

    I have never used it, but that is what the literature claims.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2004
  7. DiggerDog

    Guest

    In message <>,
    Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    >> Office Depot paper is much better liked than Kodak
    >> paper, BTW.

    >Oh? By whom?

    From all the reading I've done of people commenting on ther quest for
    perfect paper, lots of people say nay to Kodak, no one has said kodak
    was the best they've tried, but people have compared OD paper to the
    best, and many have settled on it as one of the best papers they have
    found.

    Sorry, but I don't have the time to document every comment I hear or
    read.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Jan 14, 2004
  8. DiggerDog

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:

    > In message <>,
    > Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:

    >>>Office Depot paper is much better liked than Kodak
    >>>paper, BTW.

    >>Oh? By whom?

    > From all the reading I've done of people commenting on ther quest for
    > perfect paper, lots of people say nay to Kodak, no one has said kodak
    > was the best they've tried, but people have compared OD paper to the
    > best, and many have settled on it as one of the best papers they have
    > found.
    >
    > Sorry, but I don't have the time to document every comment I hear or
    > read.

    When you make such a statement, you should give references, otherwise,
    it is an unsubstantiated opinion. I haven't tried OD paper, but have
    used Kodak paper for some time, and have been totally satisfied with the
    results on several different HP printers. However, the brand of printer
    might have a LOT to do with how a particular paper performs.
    That being the case, it might be difficult to give a single answer to a
    'best paper' question.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2004