    and if I have to use only Epson Premium papers that is okay with me.

    Just looking for some alternative, economic choices. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.
    Guest, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Guest

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >I just purchased an Epson 2200 stylus photo printer and I want to know if it
    >prints well with papers besides the Epson Primium luster, semi-gloss,
    >glossy, or enhanced matte paper. I tried some Kodak paper and even some
    >Epson paper (not the Premium stuff) and the rollers put lines on my prints.

    These lines are caused by picking the wrong driver setting for the paper, so
    the ink doesn't dry before it reaches the rollers and the rollers pick it up.
    Epson included a tool that looks like a tongue depresser with a sponge on the
    end so you can clean up. See pg 65 in the "Printer Basics" manual for how to
    clean the interior.

    >Just looking for some alternative, economic choices.

    These papers are a bit cheaper and do pretty well with the Epson drivers ...

    http://www.inkjetart.com/photo_papers/ceramic/index.html for glossy ones

    http://www.inkjetart.com/photo_papers/duo/index.html for matte

    I tried a sample pack and a 25 sheet pack of the Micro Ceramic Glossy and it's
    very good. It's not a perfect match with the Epson profiles but good enough to
    proof on cheaply. I quit using it because I wanted more accuracy but it was a
    pretty good value and won't smear the rollers.

    This same company sells genuine Epson papers too, free shipping on internet
    orders over $80. http://www.inkjetart.com/epson_papers.html Some of the
    sampler packs offer a good cheap way to try out several different types of
    paper cheaply.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Guest

    DJC737 Guest

    I have listed several other sources below. I have used Red Rivers Glossy
    papers with both the 2000P and the 2200. I now use Legion Someset Enhance
    Velvet for my finished print and Epson Enhanced Matte for my work in
    progress images(cheaper cost but is very close to Someset Velvet in color).
    Many of these dealers have sample packs that give you a better idea of what
    is available. As Bill said, the lines are from the ink not drying. Some of
    the honest paper dealers will fess up to that if it is humid this might
    happen. Try opening the lid of the printer while it prints and shine an
    incadescent lamp on the image to dry it faster. Also a small fan works. Also
    uncheck any fast printing option. Slow is good. This is also more a problem
    with glossy papers were the ink lays on the surface. Matte papers suck the
    ink in fast and it dries much faster. Get some samples and have some fun.
    Dave

    http://www.digitalartsupplies.com/inarcan.html

    http://www.legionpaper.com/

    http://inkjetmall.com/