    get their heads around important concepts.

    Now, I have a young child and would like to find something like this
    for her. Has anyone run across something like this?

    nitrospectide, Feb 8, 2011

  2. "nitrospectide" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Way back in 1980, when I was a wee lad... my class went through some
    > exercises that taught basic programming logic using a very simple
    > cardboard thing that had little windows cut in it, and sliding tabs
    > that let you change the values that showed in the windows. "Programs"
    > were written in pseudocode and had you do simple operations where you
    > updated the values in variables (by sliding the tabs in the cutout
    > windows) and similar operations. It was a great way for little kids to
    > get their heads around important concepts.
    >
    > Now, I have a young child and would like to find something like this
    > for her. Has anyone run across something like this?

    I' m not really sure what you mean, but if it's along the lines of what I'm
    visualizing, you might find something similar in a teachers' supply store if
    you live anywhere near a small city or larger. Most of the teachers' supply
    stores I've seen are tucked away in strip malls or mini-malls.

    You might also check with www.youngexplorers.com

    and such.

    James D Andrews, Feb 9, 2011