    I'm newer to the certs, i just passed 70-270 though. My question is, what
    defines paper cert people? People who have no experience and just study out
    of a book that have no experience, or people who use braindumps?

    roYal, Sep 4, 2003

  2. roYal

    licknlabia Guest

    the latter.

    licknlabia, Sep 4, 2003

  3. roYal

    SWE Guest

    i would say both. somebody who doesn't have legitimate hands-on experience.
    you can always back that up with studying books and practicing questions.
    but if you don't spend time working with the product, then i'd consider that
    paper.

    "licknlabia" <> wrote in message
    the latter.

    SWE, Sep 4, 2003
  4. roYal

    Japes Guest

    IMHO

    the difference isn't written in stone. Just about everyone agrees braindumps
    certs are paper certs (to my knowledge the only people who disagree have
    achieved their certs using braindumps). If you've studied, using books and
    hands on with the material in a lab environment, then its a grey area.
    Nobody is let loose on live systems without experience these days, at the
    very least the cert with lab experience shows ability to do the work. Its
    then a matter of getting "real" world experience to back up the cert.
    In reality its best to get the experience then get the cert and that's MUCH
    easier said than done.

    --
    Regards

    Japes

    Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

    Japes, Sep 5, 2003
  5. roYal

    roYal Guest

    it's very hard in the today's world though. People with the certs and
    experience are getting laid off. For me, i have a few months experience
    working on domains. I have a leab setup in my house practicing what i learn
    from books. I hope this doesn't count as me being a paper cert. For right
    now, i'm not really studying exam books so i can gain the knowledge of just
    what i need to know for the exams. I read, so i can gain as much knowledge
    as i can. Once i gain a lot of knowledge, i'll prolly start reading some
    smaller books on exam stuff, and then take the exams. This is my goal, and
    hopefully it's a good one.
    BTW, my lab consists of 2 computers. Not much, but it helps me navigate
    through everything, and helps me learn the OS as much as possible.

    roYal, Sep 5, 2003
  6. roYal

    spiker Guest

    paper cert can be either. The key is whether you can do
    the actual work; that is, if you can survive ib the
    trenches. If you can Ace the exam but don't know how to
    perform the tasks, don't know what a floppy drive is,
    think the drink holder in your computer is cool, then your
    a paper cert

    spiker, Sep 7, 2003
  7. roYal

    MCSE World Guest

    I guess the correct terms might acually be "paper cert" and "vapor cert".
    Someone with exams passed but with little real world experience might well
    be a paper cert, but given a little time and some guidance will do well in
    most cases. On the other hand, your brainumpers are just lame and will
    screw you over in a heartbeat due to their massive ignorance.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Sep 8, 2003
  8. roYal

    e Guest

    HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD YOURSELVES, ITS LIKE AN OLD FOLKS MEETINGS OF SORE
    LOOSERS, YES IN-EXPERIENCED PEEPS ARE JOINING IT - AND EVERY OTHER INDUSTRY
    IN THE WORLD GET USED TO IT, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE COMPETITION I AM 20 A SYS
    ADMIN WITH 2 MCP'S AND BEEN WORKING IN I.T. SINCE I WAS 16! I FACE THE "YOUR
    TOO YOUNG" LOOK EVERYDAY IT ANNOYS ME THAT PEOPLE GET A JOB AND DONT KNOW
    WHAT THERE DOING, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THE EMPLOYER IS IN THE WRONG TOO
    FOR PICKING THE WRONG PERSON FOR THE JOB IF HE ISNT THAT GOOD HE WILL BE
    FIRED!! EASY.

    USING THOSE THINGS TO GIVE PEOPLE AN IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT...IS THIS WRONG YOU
    BOUGHT BOOKS WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER WITH THE ANSWERS IN THE BACK SO WHERE DO
    WE DRAW THE LINE!?

    GOOD LUCK TO ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THERE MCP EXAMS I DON'T USE THE BRAIN-DUMPS
    BUT TO WHINE ABOUT THEM IS NO USE.

    CONCENTRATE HARDER AND EVENTUALLY JUSTICE WILL PROVALE!

    MY 2cents :p :) hehe

    e, Sep 12, 2003
  9. roYal

    Japes Guest

    > HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD YOURSELVES,

    No because we can't hear ourselves above your SHOUTING........ Turn off the
    CAPS lock and we may even listen to you.

    Japes, Sep 12, 2003
  10. roYal

    licknlabia Guest

    your caps lock key is broken, and you must be an AOL user.

    -

    licknlabia, Sep 15, 2003