    years ago I got to wondering what companies would be using dvds as special
    promotion offers. For some reason I thought the cereal companies would jump
    in on that action. DVD's of various cartoons for kids...

    Bernie Woodham, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Bernie Woodham

    Mac Breck Guest

    "Bernie Woodham" <> wrote in
    message news:02Fld.30499$V41.10721@attbi_s52...
    > I ordered a pizza from Papa John's tonight and found that

    they have a new
    > dvd deal. The first one they had was "Weekend At

    Bernie's". I remembered
    > the film from it's first video release and thought it was

    pretty funny so
    > got it. It's sad to think that that film used to be

    funny, because it's not
    > anymore.
    >
    > So, this time Papa John's is offering several dvds. Among

    them "Weekend at
    > Bernie's 2". So I told them to give me that one and they

    called back later
    > saying they were out of that one. So I took Abbot &

    Costello meet the
    > Mummy. It came with a Munster T.V episode.

    Better would be Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein
    (1948)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040068/

    Now *that* was a great flick.

    --
    Mac Breck (KoshN) - from the desktop PC
    -------------------------------

    Mac Breck, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Bernie Woodham

    Frank Sereno Guest

    Bernie Woodham wrote:
    > I ordered a pizza from Papa John's tonight and found that they have a new
    > dvd deal. The first one they had was "Weekend At Bernie's". I remembered
    > the film from it's first video release and thought it was pretty funny so
    > got it. It's sad to think that that film used to be funny, because it's not
    > anymore.
    >
    > So, this time Papa John's is offering several dvds. Among them "Weekend at
    > Bernie's 2". So I told them to give me that one and they called back later
    > saying they were out of that one. So I took Abbot & Costello meet the
    > Mummy. It came with a Munster T.V episode. I wish they would have had A&C
    > meet the Invisible Man; that's supposed to be a pretty good film.
    >
    > I can't remember the other film's they are offering. I like the way they
    > package these discs; the same way CD singles were packaged. Back a few
    > years ago I got to wondering what companies would be using dvds as special
    > promotion offers. For some reason I thought the cereal companies would jump
    > in on that action. DVD's of various cartoons for kids...

    General Mills has been doing this for a couple of years now. First they
    started out with kids' computer software, but now they are doing
    television shows. Here's an article where you can read more about it:

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1571

    Frank Sereno, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Bernie Woodham

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Monkey, the Great and Powerful Bernie Woodham declared:

    > So, this time Papa John's is offering several dvds. Among them "Weekend at
    > Bernie's 2". So I told them to give me that one and they called back later
    > saying they were out of that one. So I took Abbot & Costello meet the
    > Mummy. It came with a Munster T.V episode.

    It also comes with a $5 coupon on select Universal TV series. Not too
    shabby if you like The A-Team or Knight Rider.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Doctor: Me? Well, I told you, I'm from Galactic.

    Sean O'Hara, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Bernie Woodham

    Bob D. Guest

    The cereal companies did jump in on that action. Makes you wonder how cheap
    DVD really are to make! (So how come movies still cost more on DVD than
    VCR?)

    This post reminds me: A few Christmas' ago I saw a couple arguing at the
    supermarket over what cereal had the best Christmas music. Seems that a lot
    of brands were packing CDs.

    Bob D.

    Bob D., Nov 14, 2004
  6. >For some reason I thought the cereal companies would jump
    >in on that action. DVD's of various cartoons for kids...

    Believe it or not, I think it was General Mills that had DVDs for some of their
    cereals sometime before Papa John's did it.

    Some of their cereals came with various DVDs, including "The Muppets Take
    Manhattan" from Columbia/Tri-Star Video for the promotion. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Nov 14, 2004
  7. >This post reminds me: A few Christmas' ago I saw a couple arguing at the
    >supermarket over what cereal had the best Christmas music. Seems that a lot
    >of brands were packing CDs.
    >
    >Bob D.

    Methinks that couple could argue over anything! :p - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Nov 14, 2004

  8. > Better would be Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein
    > (1948)
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040068/
    >
    > Now *that* was a great flick.

    Yeah, but I've already got that one.

    Bernie Woodham, Nov 14, 2004
  9. Bernie Woodham

    Mac Breck Guest

    "LASERandDVDfan" <> wrote in message
    > >For some reason I thought the cereal companies would jump
    > >in on that action. DVD's of various cartoons for kids...

    > Believe it or not, I think it was General Mills that had

    DVDs for some of their
    > cereals sometime before Papa John's did it.
    >
    > Some of their cereals came with various DVDs, including

    "The Muppets Take
    > Manhattan" from Columbia/Tri-Star Video for the

    romotion. - Reinhart

    And then there was Pizza Hut, which did the same thing
    awhile back. I got "Honeymoon in Vegas" that way.

    Mac Breck, Nov 14, 2004
  10. Bernie Woodham

    Tarkus Guest

    On 11/14/2004 11:42:09 AM, Bob D. wrote:

    > The cereal companies did jump in on that action. Makes you wonder how
    > cheap DVD really are to make! (So how come movies still cost more on
    > DVD than VCR?)

    Supply and demand. Neither are a non-profit item.
    --
    "As a producer, and being immature, obviously Porky's and Rock 'n'
    Roll High School give me the opportunity to bring more stupidity

    Tarkus, Nov 15, 2004
  11. Bernie Woodham

    Eric R. Guest

    "Bob D." <> wrote in message news:<lyOld.39080$5K2.32388@attbi_s03>...

    > The cereal companies did jump in on that action. Makes you wonder how cheap
    > DVD really are to make!

    Yep, I got a disc of "Barney Miller" episodes on a box of Rasin Bran
    once (no kidding). They had other titles with other cereal boxes too.
    The disc was in a little sleeve on front of the cereal box.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Nov 18, 2004
  12. Bernie Woodham

    Eric R. Guest

    "Mac Breck" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > And then there was Pizza Hut, which did the same thing
    > awhile back. I got "Honeymoon in Vegas" that way.

    Yeah, it's how I got my "Mr. Mom" DVD.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Nov 18, 2004
  13. On 18 Nov 2004, Eric R. wrote:

    > "Mac Breck" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > And then there was Pizza Hut, which did the same thing
    > > awhile back. I got "Honeymoon in Vegas" that way.

    > Yeah, it's how I got my "Mr. Mom" DVD.

    They're doing it now at KFC in Canada. I know one of the choices is Last
    Man Standing with Bruce Willis...for the life of me I can't remember what
    the other two flicks were.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 19, 2004
  14. Bernie Woodham

    Jay Stewart Guest

    > > > And then there was Pizza Hut, which did the same thing
    > > > awhile back. I got "Honeymoon in Vegas" that way.

    > > Yeah, it's how I got my "Mr. Mom" DVD.

    > They're doing it now at KFC in Canada. I know one of the choices is Last
    > Man Standing with Bruce Willis...for the life of me I can't remember what
    > the other two flicks were.
    >
    > swac

    The other two were Loaded Weapon and The Bachelor.

    Jay Stewart, Dec 1, 2004