    not
    - I would like to reinitialise the device but without tonality it's
    impossible; is there another way to do it
    pierre lemercier, Aug 2, 2013

  2. pierre lemercier

    Woody Guest

    "pierre lemercier" <> wrote in message
    news:1l6zcwj.1ni3pep1xpw6gaN%...
    >I dug out my old PAP2T and tried to register it on a new
    >provider but
    > when ADSL, phone and power were connected I got no dial tone,
    > but I can
    > access the config screens.
    >
    > when I setup my account the device do not register.
    >
    > If I use a SPA3102 with the same account and the same phone
    > that works
    > well.
    >
    > Ma questions:
    > - Is it normal to get no tonality when the device is either
    > connected or
    > not
    > - I would like to reinitialise the device but without tonality
    > it's
    > impossible; is there another way to do it

    You will not get a dial tone if the box is not on
    line/registered. If you have a Sipgate account (or get one if you
    haven't - they are free) you can look in their help files and it
    will tell you how to progam it.

    If you plug a phone into it you won't get dial tone but it will
    still respond to DTMF commands.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Aug 2, 2013

  3. Woody <> wrote:

    > If you plug a phone into it you won't get dial tone but it will
    > still respond to DTMF commands.

    Thanks Woody; either the factory reset and the setup works

    Have a good day
    pierre lemercier, Aug 2, 2013