PAP2T - Corrupt web pages during remote Internet access - OK at home

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ed Straker, Oct 30, 2007.

  1. Ed Straker

    Ed Straker Guest

    I have a PAP2T set up to work with voip.co.uk on line one and
    sipgate.co.uk on the second. It works well. The unit was bought as a
    brand new item and is not an unlocked ex 'Vonage' unit or similar.

    I have set the unit a fixed IP on my home network and set myself both
    user and admin passwords. I can log in to the PAP2T fine from any
    computer on my network using either Firefox or IE. Obviously, I have
    enabled remote admin on the unit as well.

    I have set my modem/router (Linksys WAG200G but have also tried
    Netgear DG834G) to forward http port 80 tcp to the fixed local IP
    address of the PAP2T.

    When I try to access the PAP2T from other locations on the Internet,
    the box for user and pwd pops up and I can log on OK. However, the
    display of the PAP2T web pages are corrupt, with the opening status
    screen, running into the next screen which is offset slightly to the
    right. Finally, the remote web browser hangs and sometimes resets the
    connection.

    Anyone come across this before or heard of a cure? I have tried
    different browsers remotely and accessing from different sites on the
    net. I have even tried forwarding UDP as well as tcp to the PAP2T but
    there is no difference.

    Any ideas anyone?

    Ta.

    Ed.

    Ed Straker, Oct 30, 2007

  2. Ed Straker

    Jono Guest

    Ed Straker brought next idea :
    > I have a PAP2T set up to work with voip.co.uk on line one and
    > sipgate.co.uk on the second. It works well. The unit was bought as a
    > brand new item and is not an unlocked ex 'Vonage' unit or similar.
    >
    > I have set the unit a fixed IP on my home network and set myself both
    > user and admin passwords. I can log in to the PAP2T fine from any
    > computer on my network using either Firefox or IE. Obviously, I have
    > enabled remote admin on the unit as well.
    >
    > I have set my modem/router (Linksys WAG200G but have also tried
    > Netgear DG834G) to forward http port 80 tcp to the fixed local IP
    > address of the PAP2T.
    >
    > When I try to access the PAP2T from other locations on the Internet,
    > the box for user and pwd pops up and I can log on OK. However, the
    > display of the PAP2T web pages are corrupt, with the opening status
    > screen, running into the next screen which is offset slightly to the
    > right. Finally, the remote web browser hangs and sometimes resets the
    > connection.
    >
    > Anyone come across this before or heard of a cure? I have tried
    > different browsers remotely and accessing from different sites on the
    > net. I have even tried forwarding UDP as well as tcp to the PAP2T but
    > there is no difference.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?

    I have almost the same problem with an SPA1001.

    The problem only seems to be reproducable if there is a password set.

    With a User & Admin password set, everything works fine when logged in
    as User. As soon as I try to log in as Admin/Advanced, I have no access
    to the different pages - /some/ of each page is simply visible in one
    long/tall web page.

    If you dare, try removing the passwords & see if it works as it should
    then. (don't forget to put them back in after you've tested)

    To get round the issue, I use a terminal services session & administer
    it "locally".

    I would be very interested in any other responant's ideas too.

    Jono, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Ed Straker

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:29:26 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >With a User & Admin password set, everything works fine when logged in
    >as User. As soon as I try to log in as Admin/Advanced, I have no access
    >to the different pages - /some/ of each page is simply visible in one
    >long/tall web page.

    Hi Jono,

    I have User & Admin passwords set. Even when I log in over the
    Internet as just User I still have the problem. The effect you
    describe is the same though, a big long web page comprising of the
    first page with later pages attached and displaced a few rows to the
    right. I also have no individual access to the different pages from
    the top link options, like Line 1 or User 1.

    So my problems are as you say similar but not quite the same. I have
    Googled but not come up with a cure yet.

    This may be something that users of this newsgroup have not come
    across so I may have to take my problem to one of the more dedicated
    forums.

    Many thanks,

    Ed.

    Ed Straker, Oct 31, 2007
  4. Ed Straker

    Jono Guest

    Ed Straker expressed precisely :
    > On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:29:26 GMT, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> With a User & Admin password set, everything works fine when logged in
    >> as User. As soon as I try to log in as Admin/Advanced, I have no access
    >> to the different pages - /some/ of each page is simply visible in one
    >> long/tall web page.

    > Hi Jono,
    >

    > I have User & Admin passwords set. Even when I log in over the
    > Internet as just User I still have the problem. The effect you
    > describe is the same though, a big long web page comprising of the
    > first page with later pages attached and displaced a few rows to the
    > right. I also have no individual access to the different pages from
    > the top link options, like Line 1 or User 1.
    >
    > So my problems are as you say similar but not quite the same. I have
    > Googled but not come up with a cure yet.
    >
    > This may be something that users of this newsgroup have not come
    > across so I may have to take my problem to one of the more dedicated
    > forums.

    What happens if you take the passwords out?

    Jono, Oct 31, 2007
  5. Ed Straker

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:57:25 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >What happens if you take the passwords out?

    I can't test that at the moment as I only have internet access from
    home via my own network.

    When I get the chance to use internet from someone elses house I'll
    try.

    Ed.

    Ed Straker, Nov 2, 2007
  6. Ed Straker

    Christian Guest

    If you want to test from your own home: does your internet provider have a
    WWW-proxy-server you can use? Just set up your internet browser to use that
    proxy, and it's just like you're connecting to your PAP2T from the outside
    world (you're actually doing that: the WWW-proxy is doing it for you). This
    is also a nice way to check if your NAT-port-forwarding settings without
    having to step out of the door :)

    Christian

    Christian, Nov 2, 2007