    What is actuall diffrence between PAP2 and PAP2T?

    Can you actulally connect fax machine and send faxes over VOIP?

    AP
    AP, Aug 5, 2006

  2. AP

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "AP" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > What is actuall diffrence between PAP2 and PAP2T?

    Don't know on that one, sorry.

    > Can you actulally connect fax machine and send faxes over
    > VOIP?

    Unless your equipment and the VoIP provider support the T.38 protocol,
    then it can be flaky. I have successfully sent and received faxes using
    G711a but it isn't 100% reliable.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 5, 2006

  3. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Unless your equipment and the VoIP provider support the T.38 protocol,
    > then it can be flaky. I have successfully sent and received faxes using
    > G711a but it isn't 100% reliable.
    >
    > Ivor

    Ivor,

    What providers have you used successfully?

    Thanks,

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Roberts, Aug 5, 2006
  4. AP

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote
    in message news:xA4Bg.106110$IZ2.51223@dukeread07
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > Unless your equipment and the VoIP provider support the
    > > T.38 protocol, then it can be flaky. I have
    > > successfully sent and received faxes using G711a but it
    > > isn't 100% reliable.

    > Ivor,
    >
    > What providers have you used successfully?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jonathan

    Gradwell and Sipgate, but as I said it isn't 100% reliable. Sometimes it
    works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't use fax a great deal.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 5, 2006
  5. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > Ivor,
    > >
    > > What providers have you used successfully?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Jonathan

    > Gradwell and Sipgate, but as I said it isn't 100% reliable. Sometimes it
    > works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't use fax a great deal.
    >

    > Ivor

    Thank you. I have a Sipgate account but haven't used it much yet (I'm in
    the US).
    Jonathan Roberts, Aug 5, 2006
  6. AP

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote
    in message news:JL5Bg.106120$IZ2.56447@dukeread07

    [snip]

    > Thank you. I have a Sipgate account but haven't used it
    > much yet (I'm in the US).

    If you want to do any tests, feel free to email me with your SIP number on
    g6urp01 at googlemail dot com.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 5, 2006
  7. AP

    ted Guest

    You also might want to look at the Sipura 2100. It supports T38.

    ted, Aug 13, 2006
  8. AP

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "ted" <@ .com> wrote in message
    > You also might want to look at the Sipura 2100. It
    > supports T38.

    Which is of no use unless your provider does, very few do at the present
    time.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.