    Chris Guest

    Has anyone unlocked any of the recent PAP2's to come on the market ?.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 7, 2006

  2. Chris wrote:
    > Has anyone unlocked any of the recent PAP2's to come on the market ?.

    Do you mean the ones where the config file that it pulls down is
    encrypted and you need the encryption key to fake it?

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Chris

    Scope Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > Has anyone unlocked any of the recent PAP2's to come on the market ?.

    Sorry, Chris, I dont have an answer to your question.. But where can you
    buy the locked ones these days? Broadbandbuyer have been out of stock
    for ages, and have now removed them from the website.

    Scope, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Chris

    Roland Rat Guest

    "Scope" <> wrote in message
    > Chris wrote:
    >> Has anyone unlocked any of the recent PAP2's to come on the market ?.

    > Sorry, Chris, I dont have an answer to your question.. But where can you
    > buy the locked ones these days? Broadbandbuyer have been out of stock for
    > ages, and have now removed them from the website.

    I got one from Comet about 4 weeks ago for £19.99.

    Roland Rat, Feb 9, 2006
  5. Chris

    Roland Rat Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone unlocked any of the recent PAP2's to come on the market ?.
    >
    > Chris

    I've seen four PAP2-UVs unlocked within the last 4 weeks. All had the date
    July '05 printed on the bottom of their case. I believe it's a lot easier
    to do if the PAP2 has never been connected to the internet.

    Roland Rat, Feb 9, 2006
  6. Roland Rat wrote:
    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Has anyone unlocked any of the recent PAP2's to come on the market ?.
    >>
    >>Chris

    > I've seen four PAP2-UVs unlocked within the last 4 weeks. All had the date
    > July '05 printed on the bottom of their case. I believe it's a lot easier
    > to do if the PAP2 has never been connected to the internet.

    There is a yahoo group dedicated to this subject called Linksys_PAP2.
    I gather it's possible but not nearly as simple as it was with the older
    ones.

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 10, 2006
  7. Chris

    Geo Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:05:15 GMT, Thomas Kenyon <>
    wrote:

    >There is a yahoo group dedicated to this subject called Linksys_PAP2.

    Could not find that in a group search - do you have a url?

    Geo

    Geo, Feb 10, 2006

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 10, 2006
  9. Chris

    Geo Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:59:21 GMT, Thomas Kenyon <>
    wrote:

    Thanks - no problem getting there direct - their search engine must be duff
    Even copied and pasted from the url their group search returns:-
    "Sorry, no matches were found for 'Linksys_Pap2'"

    Geo

    Geo, Feb 10, 2006
  10. Chris

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:07:26 GMT, Geo <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:59:21 GMT, Thomas Kenyon <>
    >wrote:

    >Thanks - no problem getting there direct - their search engine must be duff
    >Even copied and pasted from the url their group search returns:-
    >"Sorry, no matches were found for 'Linksys_Pap2'"
    >
    >Geo

    Found it for £19.99, free delivery here
    http://tinyurl.com/9fpx6

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Feb 11, 2006
  11. Chris

    Sidknee Guest

    "Geo" <> wrote >
    > > "Sorry, no matches were found for 'Linksys_Pap2'"

    The Free PAP2 from Vonage ... is it possible to sign up for their 9.99
    service and also have it unclocked for use on other SIP networks like FWD
    etc.??

    Sid

    Sidknee, Feb 14, 2006
  12. Chris

    Scope Guest

    Sidknee wrote:
    > "Geo" <> wrote >
    >>> "Sorry, no matches were found for 'Linksys_Pap2'"

    > The Free PAP2 from Vonage ... is it possible to sign up for their 9.99
    > service and also have it unclocked for use on other SIP networks like FWD
    > etc.??
    >
    > Sid

    Depends.. You could do this with the earlier models, but it is said to
    be more difficult on the later firmware. I am currently waiting for
    Amazon to send me a PAP2 (£19.99), but I dont know if it can be unlocked
    yet. (My old PAP2 was a piece of cake to unlock).

    Scope, Feb 14, 2006
  13. Chris

    Sidknee Guest

    "Scope" <> wrote >
    >I am currently waiting for Amazon to send me a PAP2 (£19.99), but I dont
    >know if it can be unlocked yet.

    Why r u paying 19.99 when you can get it free from Vnage directly?

    Sidk

    Sidknee, Feb 14, 2006
  14. Chris

    Scope Guest

    Sidknee wrote:
    > "Scope" <> wrote >
    >> I am currently waiting for Amazon to send me a PAP2 (£19.99), but I dont
    >> know if it can be unlocked yet.

    > Why r u paying 19.99 when you can get it free from Vnage directly?
    >
    > Sidk

    You'll have to subscribe to Vonage if you get it from them (I assume)..
    I dont want to subscribe to anybody (and pay, anyway), there is enough
    GOOD free VoIP providers out there. :)

    Scope, Feb 14, 2006
  15. Chris

    Guest

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:12:57 GMT, "Sidknee"
    <> wrote:

    >Why r u paying 19.99 when you can get it free from Vnage directly?

    It'd not free from Vonage: you have to pay them £10 per month. As
    there are vastly cheaper suppliers, it is daft to pay Vonage for the
    same service you can get for far less elsewhere.

    , Feb 15, 2006
  16. Chris

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sidknee" <> wrote in
    message news:ZttIf.7076$
    > "Scope" <> wrote >
    > > I am currently waiting for Amazon to send me a PAP2
    > > (£19.99), but I dont know if it can be unlocked yet.

    > Why r u paying 19.99 when you can get it free from Vnage
    > directly?

    Because if you stop being a customer of theirs you have to send it back.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 15, 2006
  17. Chris

    Bob L Guest

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:28:31 +0000, Scope <> wrote:

    >Sidknee wrote:
    >> "Geo" <> wrote >

    >> The Free PAP2 from Vonage ... is it possible to sign up for their 9.99
    >> service and also have it unclocked for use on other SIP networks like FWD
    >> etc.??
    >>
    >> Sid
    >>

    >Depends.. You could do this with the earlier models, but it is said to
    >be more difficult on the later firmware. I am currently waiting for
    >Amazon to send me a PAP2 (£19.99), but I dont know if it can be unlocked
    >yet. (My old PAP2 was a piece of cake to unlock).

    Would you please post your success or otherwise to the group, thanks

    BL

    Bob L, Feb 15, 2006
  18. Chris

    Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:35:16 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Sidknee" <> wrote in
    >message news:ZttIf.7076$
    >> "Scope" <> wrote >
    >> > I am currently waiting for Amazon to send me a PAP2
    >> > (£19.99), but I dont know if it can be unlocked yet.

    >> Why r u paying 19.99 when you can get it free from Vnage
    >> directly?

    >Because if you stop being a customer of theirs you have to send it back.

    Which isn't any hardship Ivor is it .

    , Feb 15, 2006
  19. Chris

    Scope Guest

    Bob L wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:28:31 +0000, Scope <> wrote:
    >
    >> Sidknee wrote:
    >>> "Geo" <> wrote >

    >> Depends.. You could do this with the earlier models, but it is said to
    >> be more difficult on the later firmware. I am currently waiting for
    >> Amazon to send me a PAP2 (£19.99), but I dont know if it can be unlocked
    >> yet. (My old PAP2 was a piece of cake to unlock).

    > Would you please post your success or otherwise to the group, thanks
    >
    > BL

    I finally got my pap2 from amazon, and I am happy to report it came with
    an old version of the firmware, hence it was fairly easy to unlock. For
    some reason they have doubled the price £39.99 (which is the same as an
    unlocked pap2), so you might as well buy the unlocked version now.

    Luckly I got it for £19.99 incl postage. :)

    Scope, Feb 25, 2006