    with explanations of each section and how it works?
    --
    Chris
    Chris, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Chris

    Jono Guest

    Chris was thinking very hard :
    > I have sipgate with a geographical # on line 1, and sipdiscount on line 2.
    >
    > What I want to happen is for sipdiscount to be selected when i dial out on
    > line 1, instead of sipgate - which would then be used only for incoming
    > calls.
    >
    > I have a feeling I need to modify the dial plan for line 1 to accomplish this
    > - does anyone have any pointers?
    >
    > Also, does anyone have a proper UK dial-plan that has been annotated with
    > explanations of each section and how it works?

    The two lines are independent, so, AFAIK, you won't be able to do what
    you're after.

    The SPA1001, or the SPA3000, or the Fritz!box can all in some way do
    what you're after.
    Jono, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Chris

    voipuser

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    It answers my question about......

    ....wether inbound calls on line two could be picked up on line one meaning only one phone to plug in. I know Zyxel P2002 is equipped like that.
    voipuser, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Chris

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-23, Chris <> wrote:

    > I have sipgate with a geographical # on line 1, and sipdiscount on line
    > 2.
    >
    > What I want to happen is for sipdiscount to be selected when i dial out
    > on line 1, instead of sipgate - which would then be used only for
    > incoming calls.
    >
    > I have a feeling I need to modify the dial plan for line 1 to accomplish
    > this - does anyone have any pointers?

    The dial plan for line 1 only controls calling out on line 1 so you will
    have little joy in modifying it to access line 2. If Sipgate offered the
    facility to divert the PSTN number your problem would be easy to solve,
    but that isn't an option so let's look elsewhere.

    www.voxalot.com has some interesting possibilties. I'm fairly sure, but
    haven't checked, you can register your line 1 with them and then make
    and receive calls using the two providers. A dial plan is required but
    there is plenty of information to help you devise one. Have a look and
    see what you think.

    Brian.
    Brian, Aug 24, 2006
  5. Chris

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:22:14 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    wrote:

    >On 2006-08-23, Chris <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have sipgate with a geographical # on line 1, and sipdiscount on line
    >> 2.
    >>
    >> What I want to happen is for sipdiscount to be selected when i dial out
    >> on line 1, instead of sipgate - which would then be used only for
    >> incoming calls.
    >>
    >> I have a feeling I need to modify the dial plan for line 1 to accomplish
    >> this - does anyone have any pointers?

    >The dial plan for line 1 only controls calling out on line 1 so you will
    >have little joy in modifying it to access line 2. If Sipgate offered the
    >facility to divert the PSTN number your problem would be easy to solve,
    >but that isn't an option so let's look elsewhere.
    >
    >www.voxalot.com has some interesting possibilties. I'm fairly sure, but
    >haven't checked, you can register your line 1 with them and then make
    >and receive calls using the two providers. A dial plan is required but
    >there is plenty of information to help you devise one. Have a look and
    >see what you think.
    >
    >Brian.

    Either use voxalot in the conventional way or you may choose the
    method described on www.leafcom.co.uk

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Aug 24, 2006
  6. Chris

    Scope Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I have sipgate with a geographical # on line 1, and sipdiscount on line 2.
    >
    > What I want to happen is for sipdiscount to be selected when i dial out
    > on line 1, instead of sipgate - which would then be used only for
    > incoming calls.
    >
    > I have a feeling I need to modify the dial plan for line 1 to accomplish
    > this - does anyone have any pointers?
    >
    > Also, does anyone have a proper UK dial-plan that has been annotated
    > with explanations of each section and how it works?

    Have a look here:

    It can be done by using a modifed firmware for the SPA1001, but make
    sure you know what you are doing before you do so, it might break your SPA.

    Failing that voxalot is a good option.
    Scope, Aug 24, 2006
  7. Chris

    Oldie Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    (eariler posts snipped)

    > Either use voxalot in the conventional way or you may choose the
    > method described on www.leafcom.co.uk

    Further to that, using Voxalot I have 5 providers on one line of my
    PAP2; I can select each manually or I can set a Voxalot dialplan to
    select different ones according to the destination dialled. I can also
    receive incoming calls on them all. (The 5 providers isn't a limit, by
    the way).

    Oldie
    Oldie, Aug 24, 2006