    it's possible to use 2 lines but only one handset. I.e. one line for
    incoming calls and another for outgoing calls with different
    providers. If it is possible how do you set it up?

    Sam Jones, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Sam Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sam Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:
    > I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like
    > to know if it's possible to use 2 lines but only one
    > handset. I.e. one line for incoming calls and another for
    > outgoing calls with different providers. If it is
    > possible how do you set it up?

    Use a 2 line phone such as the BT Converse 2025.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Sam Jones

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:59:54 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Sam Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like
    >> to know if it's possible to use 2 lines but only one
    >> handset. I.e. one line for incoming calls and another for
    >> outgoing calls with different providers. If it is
    >> possible how do you set it up?

    >Use a 2 line phone such as the BT Converse 2025.
    >
    >Ivor

    There is software around which can be flashed to your PAP-2 and turn
    it, effectively, into an SPA-1001 - and back again.
    This, is by no means a recommendation. I am not even going to say
    where you can get it but, if you are keen, and search around, you
    will find it.
    Whilst it is reputed to work, if there is a glitch, during flashing,
    you may have to say goodbye to yuor PAP-2.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 24, 2006
  4. Sam Jones

    Scope Guest

    Sam Jones wrote:
    > I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like to know if
    > it's possible to use 2 lines but only one handset. I.e. one line for
    > incoming calls and another for outgoing calls with different
    > providers. If it is possible how do you set it up?

    I have been using a "combine-a-line" for about 6 months now, and it
    works great. Im also using one line for incoming and another for
    outgoing. This switch allows you to use 2 lines on one phone, and it
    switches automatically when you get an incoming call.

    Scope, Mar 25, 2006