    Any advice gratefully received.

    Thanks
    Adam

    Adam Aglionby, Mar 18, 2008

  2. Adam Aglionby

    Roger Mills Guest

    Adam Aglionby <> wrote:

    > "Can't connect to login server" problem with PAP2 connected to Dlink
    > DL624 router attempting to connect to Voiptalk.
    >
    > My networking knowledge is very limited.
    >
    > Have assigned Pap2 a static IP and put that IP in the routers DMZ.
    >
    > Followed the Voiptalk setup about entering user and pass but get the
    > feeling am misssing out entering settngs in main system page.
    >
    > Gateway,netmask, primary dns dont have entries which kind of suspect
    > they should....

    Indeed - you need all of these! Gateway is your router's LAN IP address.
    Netmask should be the same as the router's netmask (and of all the PCs on
    your LAN). Primary and secondary DNS addresses can be the IP addresses of
    any valid DNS servers, but it's usual to make them the same as those in your
    router and/or PCs.

    The PAP2's static IP address must be unique, but in the same subnet as the
    router and PCs (but not in the range of addresses dished out by the router
    when acting as a DHCP server - if you are using that function).

    HTH!
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Mar 18, 2008

  3. Adam Aglionby

    Flyer Guest

    "Adam Aglionby" <> wrote in message
    > "Can't connect to login server" problem with PAP2 connected to Dlink
    > DL624 router attempting to connect to Voiptalk.
    >
    > My networking knowledge is very limited.
    >
    > Have assigned Pap2 a static IP and put that IP in the routers DMZ.
    >
    > Followed the Voiptalk setup about entering user and pass but get the
    > feeling am misssing out entering settngs in main system page.
    >
    > Gateway,netmask, primary dns dont have entries which kind of suspect
    > they should....
    >
    > Any advice gratefully received.

    Do as Roger suggests, and if it still doesn't work, try the following

    Logi into PAP2, go into Admin settings, advanced view

    On SIP page, near bottom, set Subst via Addr toYes
    in EXT IP put the external (ie Internet) IP from your router.

    That will hopefully avoid a NAT Traversal problem had with the PAP2 &
    Draytel.
    You'll need to change the EXT IP address if your router ever shows the
    external IP address has changed, otherwise it might not work ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Mar 19, 2008
  4. On Mar 19, 10:09 am, "Flyer" <> wrote:
    > "Adam Aglionby" <> wrote in message

    > > "Can't connect to login server" problem with PAP2 connected to Dlink
    > > DL624 router attempting to connect to Voiptalk.

    > > My networking knowledge is very limited.

    > > Have assigned Pap2 a static IP and put that IP in the routers DMZ.

    > > Followed the Voiptalk setup about entering user and pass but get the
    > > feeling am misssing out entering settngs in main system page.

    > > Gateway,netmask, primary dns dont have entries which kind of suspect
    > > they should....

    > > Any advice gratefully received.

    > Do as Roger suggests, and if it still doesn't work, try the following
    >
    > Logi into PAP2, go into Admin settings, advanced view
    >
    > On SIP page, near bottom, set Subst via Addr toYes
    > in EXT IP put the external (ie Internet) IP from your router.
    >
    > That will hopefully avoid a NAT Traversal problem had with the PAP2 &
    > Draytel.
    > You'll need to change the EXT IP address if your router ever shows the
    > external IP address has changed, otherwise it might not work ;-)
    >
    > P.

    Thanks for the help guys!

    Tracked down by another pair of eyes , not a setting on Pap, but on
    router had tried to put the PAP on a DMZ address outside the range of
    the rest of addresses the router was dishing out , oops, included PAP2
    in address range and the lines came up, phew.

    No doubt be back withj more questions on sipswitch,

    Thanks again :)
    Adam

    Adam Aglionby, Mar 20, 2008