    and voipbuster.co.uk

    (I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)

    TIA
    7, Aug 10, 2005

  2. 7

    Sean Guest

    7 wrote:
    > Anyone out there willing to
    > share PAP2 settings
    > for common voip companies?
    >
    > I need settings for
    > 1866.com
    > voipfone.co.uk
    > and voipbuster.co.uk
    >
    > (I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)
    >
    > TIA

    It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
    use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...

    But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.

    for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
    Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....
    Sean, Aug 10, 2005

  3. 7

    7 Guest

    Sean wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Anyone out there willing to
    >> share PAP2 settings
    >> for common voip companies?
    >>
    >> I need settings for
    >> 1866.com
    >> voipfone.co.uk
    >> and voipbuster.co.uk
    >>
    >> (I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
    > use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...
    >
    > But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.
    >
    > for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
    > Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....

    I did all that copying of settings from other hardware
    they have at web site but it still don't want to know.
    "Can't connect to login server" it says
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  4. 7

    Sean Guest

    7 wrote:
    > Sean wrote:
    >

    >>7 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone out there willing to
    >>>share PAP2 settings
    >>>for common voip companies?
    >>>
    >>>I need settings for
    >>> 1866.com
    >>> voipfone.co.uk
    >>> and voipbuster.co.uk
    >>>
    >>>(I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    >>It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
    >>use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...
    >>
    >>But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.
    >>
    >>for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
    >>Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....

    > I did all that copying of settings from other hardware
    > they have at web site but it still don't want to know.
    > "Can't connect to login server" it says

    What company you trying to set up? You could try reseting the PAP2, then
    put setting in again. I've managed to register mine straight away most
    of time!
    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  5. 7

    7 Guest

    Sean wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Sean wrote:

    >>>It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
    >>>use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...
    >>>
    >>>But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.
    >>>
    >>>for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
    >>>Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....

    >> I did all that copying of settings from other hardware
    >> they have at web site but it still don't want to know.
    >> "Can't connect to login server" it says
    >>

    > What company you trying to set up? You could try reseting the PAP2, then
    > put setting in again. I've managed to register mine straight away most
    > of time!

    Everything was set up after out of the box
    Don't know how to force a factory default on it

    Line1 settings:
    proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    use outbound proxy: yes
    outbound proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065
    use OB proxy in dialog: yes
    register: yes
    make call without register: no
    register expires: 3600
    ans call without register: no
    use dns srv: no
    dns srv auto prefix: no
    proxy fallback intervl: 3600
    display name: 3.......
    user id: 3.......
    passwd: **********
    use auth id: no
    auth id:
    mini certificate:
    srtp private key:
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  6. 7

    Sean Guest

    7 wrote:
    > Sean wrote:
    >

    >>7 wrote:

    >>>I did all that copying of settings from other hardware
    >>>they have at web site but it still don't want to know.
    >>>"Can't connect to login server" it says
    >>>

    >>What company you trying to set up? You could try reseting the PAP2, then
    >>put setting in again. I've managed to register mine straight away most
    >>of time!

    > Everything was set up after out of the box
    > Don't know how to force a factory default on it
    >
    > Line1 settings:
    > proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    > use outbound proxy: yes
    > outbound proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065
    > use OB proxy in dialog: yes
    > register: yes
    > make call without register: no
    > register expires: 3600
    > ans call without register: no
    > use dns srv: no
    > dns srv auto prefix: no
    > proxy fallback intervl: 3600
    > display name: 3.......
    > user id: 3.......
    > passwd: **********
    > use auth id: no
    > auth id:
    > mini certificate:
    > srtp private key:

    Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!

    User reset:

    Pick up a phone connected **** 877778 # 1

    Factory reset:

    Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1
    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  7. 7

    7 Guest

    Sean wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Sean wrote:

    >>>What company you trying to set up? You could try reseting the PAP2, then
    >>>put setting in again. I've managed to register mine straight away most
    >>>of time!

    >> Everything was set up after out of the box
    >> Don't know how to force a factory default on it
    >>
    >> Line1 settings:
    >> proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    >> use outbound proxy: yes
    >> outbound proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065
    >> use OB proxy in dialog: yes
    >> register: yes
    >> make call without register: no
    >> register expires: 3600
    >> ans call without register: no
    >> use dns srv: no
    >> dns srv auto prefix: no
    >> proxy fallback intervl: 3600
    >> display name: 3.......
    >> user id: 3.......
    >> passwd: **********
    >> use auth id: no
    >> auth id:
    >> mini certificate:
    >> srtp private key:
    >>

    > Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!
    >
    > User reset:
    >
    > Pick up a phone connected **** 877778 # 1
    >
    > Factory reset:
    >
    > Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    Sir you have been absolutely brilliant!

    For anyone else that want to committ to a FAQ...

    PAP2 setup with voipfone.co.uk
    ------------------------------
    1. Factory reset
    > Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    2. Go into PAP2 with web browser
    3. Click administration login
    4. Click Line 1
    5. Enter the following:
    Proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    Register: yes
    Make call without reg: no
    Register expires: 3600
    Ans call without reg: no
    Display name: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    User ID: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    password: ********* (your voipfone password)
    Use Auth ID: no
    Auth id:
    6. Press Save Settings button
    7. Done!

    NOTE: Doing the factory reset appears to be important
    Inputting these values without factory reset did not work.
    ----------

    Big thanks to Steve once again!

    VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well.
    Wonder why they don't support hardware - proprietory protocols?
    Anyone that want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?

    1866 also used to provide soft phone a few weeks back when i did
    all the research. They stopped doing it as far a I can tell now
    scanning their web site.
    Same question again. Anyone want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?

    Having purchased a PAP2, and trying to connect it,
    its a bit of a surprise seeing high tech VoIP companies
    taking foggy management decisions to support x and not y, j but not k, etc..
    and operating even more foggier web sites.
    All random and unpredictable, and strategy for losers
    driving away customers.
    You would think the techies were in charge trying
    to grab market share selling features and compatibility.
    I think its companies with straighforward and simple policies that
    are going to retain customers at the end of the day.
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  8. 7

    sean Guest

    7 wrote:
    > Sean wrote:
    >

    >>7 wrote:

    >>>Everything was set up after out of the box
    >>>Don't know how to force a factory default on it
    >>>
    >>>Line1 settings:
    >>> proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    >>> use outbound proxy: yes
    >>> outbound proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065
    >>> use OB proxy in dialog: yes
    >>> register: yes
    >>> make call without register: no
    >>> register expires: 3600
    >>> ans call without register: no
    >>> use dns srv: no
    >>> dns srv auto prefix: no
    >>> proxy fallback intervl: 3600
    >>> display name: 3.......
    >>> user id: 3.......
    >>> passwd: **********
    >>> use auth id: no
    >>> auth id:
    >>> mini certificate:
    >>> srtp private key:
    >>>

    >>Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!
    >>
    >>User reset:
    >>
    >>Pick up a phone connected **** 877778 # 1
    >>
    >>Factory reset:
    >>
    >>Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    > Sir you have been absolutely brilliant!
    >
    > For anyone else that want to committ to a FAQ...
    >
    > PAP2 setup with voipfone.co.uk
    > ------------------------------
    > 1. Factory reset
    > > Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    > 2. Go into PAP2 with web browser
    > 3. Click administration login
    > 4. Click Line 1
    > 5. Enter the following:
    > Proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    > Register: yes
    > Make call without reg: no
    > Register expires: 3600
    > Ans call without reg: no
    > Display name: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    > User ID: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    > password: ********* (your voipfone password)
    > Use Auth ID: no
    > Auth id:
    > 6. Press Save Settings button
    > 7. Done!
    >
    > NOTE: Doing the factory reset appears to be important
    > Inputting these values without factory reset did not work.
    > ----------
    >
    > Big thanks to Steve once again!

    You mean Sean? :p

    > VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well.
    > Wonder why they don't support hardware - proprietory protocols?
    > Anyone that want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?
    >
    > 1866 also used to provide soft phone a few weeks back when i did
    > all the research. They stopped doing it as far a I can tell now
    > scanning their web site.
    > Same question again. Anyone want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?
    >
    > Having purchased a PAP2, and trying to connect it,
    > its a bit of a surprise seeing high tech VoIP companies
    > taking foggy management decisions to support x and not y, j but not k, etc..
    > and operating even more foggier web sites.
    > All random and unpredictable, and strategy for losers
    > driving away customers.
    > You would think the techies were in charge trying
    > to grab market share selling features and compatibility.
    > I think its companies with straighforward and simple policies that
    > are going to retain customers at the end of the day.

    I've not had to many probs with my PAP2, just cant get incoming calls
    working with justdialvoip.

    I may put together a webpage with pap2 information.
    sean, Aug 10, 2005
  9. 7

    7 Guest

    sean wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Sean wrote:

    >>>Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!
    >>>
    >>>User reset:
    >>>
    >>>Pick up a phone connected **** 877778 # 1
    >>>
    >>>Factory reset:
    >>>
    >>>Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    >> Sir you have been absolutely brilliant!
    >>
    >> For anyone else that want to committ to a FAQ...
    >>
    >> PAP2 setup with voipfone.co.uk
    >> ------------------------------
    >> 1. Factory reset
    >> > Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    >> 2. Go into PAP2 with web browser
    >> 3. Click administration login
    >> 4. Click Line 1
    >> 5. Enter the following:
    >> Proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    >> Register: yes
    >> Make call without reg: no
    >> Register expires: 3600
    >> Ans call without reg: no
    >> Display name: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    >> User ID: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    >> password: ********* (your voipfone password)
    >> Use Auth ID: no
    >> Auth id:
    >> 6. Press Save Settings button
    >> 7. Done!
    >>
    >> NOTE: Doing the factory reset appears to be important
    >> Inputting these values without factory reset did not work.
    >> ----------
    >>
    >> Big thanks to Steve once again!

    > You mean Sean? :p

    Sorry yes BIG thanks to Sean!!

    7, Aug 10, 2005
  10. 7

    7 Guest

    sean wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Sean wrote:

    >>>Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!
    >>>
    >>>User reset:
    >>>
    >>>Pick up a phone connected **** 877778 # 1
    >>>
    >>>Factory reset:
    >>>
    >>>Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    >> Sir you have been absolutely brilliant!
    >>
    >> For anyone else that want to committ to a FAQ...
    >>
    >> PAP2 setup with voipfone.co.uk
    >> ------------------------------
    >> 1. Factory reset
    >> > Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

    >> 2. Go into PAP2 with web browser
    >> 3. Click administration login
    >> 4. Click Line 1
    >> 5. Enter the following:
    >> Proxy: voipfone.co.uk
    >> Register: yes
    >> Make call without reg: no
    >> Register expires: 3600
    >> Ans call without reg: no
    >> Display name: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    >> User ID: 3....... (your voipfone account)
    >> password: ********* (your voipfone password)
    >> Use Auth ID: no
    >> Auth id:
    >> 6. Press Save Settings button
    >> 7. Done!
    >>
    >> NOTE: Doing the factory reset appears to be important
    >> Inputting these values without factory reset did not work.
    >> ----------
    >>
    >> Big thanks to Steve once again!

    > You mean Sean? :p
    >

    >> VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well.
    >> Wonder why they don't support hardware - proprietory protocols?
    >> Anyone that want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?
    >>
    >> 1866 also used to provide soft phone a few weeks back when i did
    >> all the research. They stopped doing it as far a I can tell now
    >> scanning their web site.
    >> Same question again. Anyone want to share a working PAP2 setting out
    >> there?
    >>
    >> Having purchased a PAP2, and trying to connect it,
    >> its a bit of a surprise seeing high tech VoIP companies
    >> taking foggy management decisions to support x and not y, j but not k,
    >> etc.. and operating even more foggier web sites.
    >> All random and unpredictable, and strategy for losers
    >> driving away customers.
    >> You would think the techies were in charge trying
    >> to grab market share selling features and compatibility.
    >> I think its companies with straighforward and simple policies that
    >> are going to retain customers at the end of the day.

    > I've not had to many probs with my PAP2, just cant get incoming calls
    > working with justdialvoip.
    >
    > I may put together a webpage with pap2 information.

    Here is more information to add

    For you further information I also got the second line working on PAP2
    with sipphone as follows:

    PAP2 setup with sipphone.com
    ----------------------------
    SIP Port: 5060
    proxy: proxy01.sipphone.com
    register: yes
    make call without reg: no
    register expires: 3900
    Ans call without reg: no
    Display name: 1....    (your sipphone telephone number)
    User ID: 1....      (your sipphone telephone number)
    password: **********      (your sipphone password)
    use auth id: no
    auth id:

    Done!
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  11. > >
    > Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!

    You can also use the outbound proxy nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Aug 10, 2005
  12. 7

    Al Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:18:51 +0100, sean wrote:

    >You mean Sean? :p

    Have you ever thought about trimming your follow-ups so as you don't
    needlessly quote umpteen irrelevant previous posts.

    It really isn't difficult if you try!
    Al, Aug 10, 2005
  13. 7

    Sean Guest

    Al wrote:

    > Have you ever thought about trimming your follow-ups so as you don't
    > needlessly quote umpteen irrelevant previous posts.
    >
    > It really isn't difficult if you try!

    Sorry! Just lazyness
    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  14. sean wrote:

    >> VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well.
    >> Wonder why they don't support hardware - proprietory protocols?
    >> Anyone that want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?

    From the FAQ:

    "I want to configure my own IAX/SIP device for calling with VoipBuster,
    is that possible?

    Yes, you can also use your own IAX/SIP device for making calls via the
    VoipBuster Network"

    Although more details on the site would have been handy.

    It appears to be, to use them via SIP, you can use the server:

    sip.voipbuster.com

    and to use them via IAX (which worked here when I was playing with it
    earlier) use the server:

    iax.voipbuster.com

    I don't know if they have stun server or not, but stun.voipbuster.com
    resolves to 213.61.187.150.

    so, to recap:

    Proxy is probably sip.voipbuster.com
    Outbound Proxy is probably stun.voipbuster.com
    register yes
    Display name: <name>
    Userid: <userid>
    Password: <password>

    But most of that is a guess, I've never done it.
    Thomas Rankin, Aug 10, 2005
  15. 7

    7 Guest

    Thomas Rankin wrote:

    > sean wrote:
    >
    >>> VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well.
    >>> Wonder why they don't support hardware - proprietory protocols?
    >>> Anyone that want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?
    >>>

    > From the FAQ:
    >
    > "I want to configure my own IAX/SIP device for calling with VoipBuster,
    > is that possible?
    >
    > Yes, you can also use your own IAX/SIP device for making calls via the
    > VoipBuster Network"
    >
    > Although more details on the site would have been handy.
    >
    > It appears to be, to use them via SIP, you can use the server:
    >
    > sip.voipbuster.com
    >
    > and to use them via IAX (which worked here when I was playing with it
    > earlier) use the server:
    >
    > iax.voipbuster.com
    >
    > I don't know if they have stun server or not, but stun.voipbuster.com
    > resolves to 213.61.187.150.
    >
    > so, to recap:
    >
    > Proxy is probably sip.voipbuster.com
    > Outbound Proxy is probably stun.voipbuster.com
    > register yes
    > Display name: <name>
    > Userid: <userid>
    > Password: <password>
    >
    > But most of that is a guess, I've never done it.

    Tried it with PAP2 - doesn't connect unfortunately.
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  16. 7 wrote:

    > Tried it with PAP2 - doesn't connect unfortunately.

    Ah well, was worth a try, it took me ages of prodding and titting about
    to get it to work with iax2 and asterisk.
    Thomas Rankin, Aug 10, 2005
  17. 7

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 10 Aug 2005, 7 writes
    >VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well. Wonder why they
    >don't support hardware

    VoIP Buster works with other hardware. I use it with SPA3000. I also
    use JustDialVoIP with SPA3000.

    DF
    David Floyd, Aug 10, 2005
  18. 7

    Sean Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Wed, 10 Aug 2005, 7 writes
    >
    >> VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well. Wonder why
    >> they don't support hardware

    > VoIP Buster works with other hardware. I use it with SPA3000. I also
    > use JustDialVoIP with SPA3000.
    >
    > DF

    Hi David, can you please drop me an email? I would like to discuss the
    JustDialVoIP service! Thanks

    Remove NOSPAM
    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  19. 7

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Sean writes
    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> In message of Wed, 10 Aug 2005, 7 writes
    >>
    >>> VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well. Wonder why
    >>>they don't support hardware

    >> VoIP Buster works with other hardware. I use it with SPA3000. I
    >>also use JustDialVoIP with SPA3000.
    >> DF

    >Hi David, can you please drop me an email? I would like to discuss the
    >JustDialVoIP service! Thanks

    What's the problem ?

    David
    David Floyd, Aug 10, 2005
  20. 7

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Sean writes
    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> In message of Wed, 10 Aug 2005, 7 writes
    >>
    >>> VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well. Wonder why
    >>>they don't support hardware

    >> VoIP Buster works with other hardware. I use it with SPA3000. I
    >>also use JustDialVoIP with SPA3000.
    >> DF

    >Hi David, can you please drop me an email? I would like to discuss the
    >JustDialVoIP service! Thanks

    What's the problem? If it's hardware for anything other than SPA3000
    then I can't help, neither am I clued up enough to guide you about NAT
    problems!

    DF
    David Floyd, Aug 10, 2005