    random time has elapsed and their line has been freed up

    --
    Just

    Just, Apr 3, 2006

  2. "Just" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I have a PAP2 up and running on Sipdiscount. Everything is great except
    > for one wipe out issue. Whenever I hang up after a call it leaves the
    > other persons phone line 'connected' to silence for anything between 3
    > and 25 minutes.
    >
    > Obviously this is hard to track but it seems any length of call to any
    > landline will do it.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this is a known issue with Sipdiscount or could it
    > be the PAP2 and a setting?
    >
    > I can make new calls the second I hang up, but the number I have left
    > hanging doesn't show up in my call list for Sipdiscount until the
    > random time has elapsed and their line has been freed up.
    >

    > --
    > Just

    Hi Just, I have the same problem.

    It is not my VOIP HW, I can unplug it and the other person can not use there
    line.

    I, like you, can make other calls with the phone.

    It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like some advice on how to
    fix this, people I am calling are getting Pi**ed off.

    =?iso-8859-1?B?UGhpbMU=?=, Apr 8, 2006

  3. Just

    Guest

    On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:30:55 GMT, PhilÅ <>
    wrote:

    >It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like some advice on how to
    >fix this, people I am calling are getting Pi**ed off.

    Can't be unless I am lucky or the problem does not show with calls to
    other voip lines, I just called my voip.co number from my sip discount
    line answered the call dropped the discount line then the voip.co line
    tried to make a call got the dial tone ok and dialed out no problem .

    , Apr 8, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
    > "Just" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a PAP2 up and running on Sipdiscount. Everything is great
    >> except for one wipe out issue. Whenever I hang up after a call it
    >> leaves the other persons phone line 'connected' to silence for
    >> anything between 3 and 25 minutes.
    >>
    >> Obviously this is hard to track but it seems any length of call to
    >> any landline will do it.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this is a known issue with Sipdiscount or could
    >> it be the PAP2 and a setting?
    >>
    >> I can make new calls the second I hang up, but the number I have left
    >> hanging doesn't show up in my call list for Sipdiscount until the
    >> random time has elapsed and their line has been freed up.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Just

    > Hi Just, I have the same problem.
    >
    > It is not my VOIP HW, I can unplug it and the other person can not
    > use there line.
    >
    > I, like you, can make other calls with the phone.
    >
    > It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like some advice on
    > how to fix this, people I am calling are getting Pi**ed off.

    I'm getting it too, but not on all calls just some calls to one number.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 8, 2006
  5. Just

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh PhilÅ:

    [snip]

    > > Hi Just, I have the same problem.
    > >
    > > It is not my VOIP HW, I can unplug it and the other
    > > person can not use there line.
    > >
    > > I, like you, can make other calls with the phone.
    > >
    > > It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like
    > > some advice on how to fix this, people I am calling are
    > > getting Pi**ed off.

    > I'm getting it too, but not on all calls just some calls
    > to one number.

    Don't phone them, they're obviously trouble..! (Not your girlfriend, is it
    <g>)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 8, 2006
  6. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
    >> "Just" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I have a PAP2 up and running on Sipdiscount. Everything is great
    >>> except for one wipe out issue. Whenever I hang up after a call it
    >>> leaves the other persons phone line 'connected' to silence for
    >>> anything between 3 and 25 minutes.
    >>>
    >>> Obviously this is hard to track but it seems any length of call to
    >>> any landline will do it.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if this is a known issue with Sipdiscount or could
    >>> it be the PAP2 and a setting?
    >>>
    >>> I can make new calls the second I hang up, but the number I have left
    >>> hanging doesn't show up in my call list for Sipdiscount until the
    >>> random time has elapsed and their line has been freed up.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Just

    >> Hi Just, I have the same problem.
    >>
    >> It is not my VOIP HW, I can unplug it and the other person can not
    >> use there line.
    >>
    >> I, like you, can make other calls with the phone.
    >>
    >> It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like some advice on
    >> how to fix this, people I am calling are getting Pi**ed off.

    > I'm getting it too, but not on all calls just some calls to one number.

    I would say it is about 30% of my calls.??. BT Lines

    =?iso-8859-1?B?UGhpbMU=?=, Apr 8, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:nwWZf.50196$...
    >> Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
    >>> "Just" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi Just, I have the same problem.
    >>>
    >>> It is not my VOIP HW, I can unplug it and the other person can not
    >>> use there line.
    >>>
    >>> I, like you, can make other calls with the phone.
    >>>
    >>> It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like some advice
    >>> on how to fix this, people I am calling are getting Pi**ed off.

    >> I'm getting it too, but not on all calls just some calls to one
    >> number.

    > I would say it is about 30% of my calls.??. BT Lines

    Yes this is a BT line too.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 8, 2006
  8. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >> Thus spaketh PhilÅ:

    > [snip]
    >
    >>> Hi Just, I have the same problem.
    >>>
    >>> It is not my VOIP HW, I can unplug it and the other
    >>> person can not use there line.
    >>>
    >>> I, like you, can make other calls with the phone.
    >>>
    >>> It appears to be a Sipdiscount issue, and I would like
    >>> some advice on how to fix this, people I am calling are
    >>> getting Pi**ed off.

    >> I'm getting it too, but not on all calls just some calls
    >> to one number.

    > Don't phone them, they're obviously trouble..! (Not your girlfriend,
    > is it <g>)
    >
    > Ivor

    LOL Aren't all women!

    I couldn't not call them, they'd think something had happened and I'd have
    the ambulance or police here to check if I was OK!

    I've taught her to check the line after I hang up the call, and to do the
    recall trick to clear the line.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 9, 2006
  9. Just

    Just Guest

    Still happening with me, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it
    sometimes the same number clears instantly other times it is left ope
    for a minute or two.

    What is the recall trick?

    Is everyone using Sipdiscount to make their calls (in other words ca
    we narrow it down to the service rather than the hardware we are al
    using?)

    --
    Just

    Just, Apr 15, 2006
  10. Thus spaketh Just:
    > Still happening with me, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it -
    > sometimes the same number clears instantly other times it is left open
    > for a minute or two.
    >
    > What is the recall trick?
    >
    > Is everyone using Sipdiscount to make their calls (in other words can
    > we narrow it down to the service rather than the hardware we are all
    > using?).

    The recall trick is after the call, the person you have called picks up the
    phone again, if there is no dial tone press the recall button, wait a couple
    of seconds, put the phone down, then a few seconds later their phone rings
    them back, they wait a second then put the phone down, the line should then
    clear down.

    What firmware do you have on your PAP2?

    I upgraded the firmware in mine last week and since then I've not had a
    recurrence of the problem at all.

    http://YOUR_PAP2_IP_ADDRESS_HERE/up...eastbirmingham.co.uk/PAP2-bin-03-01-10-LS.bin

    Firmware Version: 3.1.10(LS)

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 15, 2006
  11. Just

    Just Guest

    Thanks for that, I couldn't find an updated firmware on Linksys' page.
    I had 3.1.8 so will try and find out if .10 has made all th
    difference.

    Ta,
    Jus

    --
    Just

    Just, Apr 16, 2006
  12. Just

    Bleh Guest

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:27:04 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Thus spaketh Just:
    >> Still happening with me, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it -
    >> sometimes the same number clears instantly other times it is left open
    >> for a minute or two.
    >>
    >> What is the recall trick?
    >>
    >> Is everyone using Sipdiscount to make their calls (in other words can
    >> we narrow it down to the service rather than the hardware we are all
    >> using?).

    >The recall trick is after the call, the person you have called picks up the
    >phone again, if there is no dial tone press the recall button, wait a couple
    >of seconds, put the phone down, then a few seconds later their phone rings
    >them back, they wait a second then put the phone down, the line should then
    >clear down.
    >

    >What firmware do you have on your PAP2?
    >
    >I upgraded the firmware in mine last week and since then I've not had a
    >recurrence of the problem at all.
    >
    >http://YOUR_PAP2_IP_ADDRESS_HERE/up...eastbirmingham.co.uk/PAP2-bin-03-01-10-LS.bin
    >
    >Firmware Version: 3.1.10(LS)

    Same problem on BT and Telewest lines with firmware 3.1.8. Does the
    upgrade wipe all the settings ? Is it unlocked ?

    Many thanks for the link :)

    Bleh, Apr 18, 2006
  13. Just

    Just Guest

    Bleh Wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:27:04 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > -
    > Thus spaketh Just:-
    > Still happening with me, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it -
    > sometimes the same number clears instantly other times it is lef
    > open
    > for a minute or two.
    >
    > What is the recall trick?
    >
    > Is everyone using Sipdiscount to make their calls (in other words can
    > we narrow it down to the service rather than the hardware we are all
    > using?).-
    >

    > The recall trick is after the call, the person you have called picks u
    > the
    > phone again, if there is no dial tone press the recall button, wait
    > couple
    > of seconds, put the phone down, then a few seconds later their phon
    > rings
    > them back, they wait a second then put the phone down, the line shoul
    > then
    > clear down.
    >

    > What firmware do you have on your PAP2?
    >
    > I upgraded the firmware in mine last week and since then I've not had
    >
    > recurrence of the problem at all.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/oqc22
    >
    > Firmware Version: 3.1.10(LS)-
    >

    > Same problem on BT and Telewest lines with firmware 3.1.8. Does the
    > upgrade wipe all the settings ? Is it unlocked ?
    >
    > Many thanks for the link :)

    Doesn't wipe the settings and that firmware is still unlocked if you
    unit was originally and so far (a few calls) no hanging line
    anymore....

    --
    Just

    Just, Apr 19, 2006
  14. Thus spaketh Just:

    >> What firmware do you have on your PAP2?
    >>
    >> I upgraded the firmware in mine last week and since then I've not
    >> had a
    >>
    >> recurrence of the problem at all.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/oqc22
    >>
    >> Firmware Version: 3.1.10(LS)-
    >>

    >> Same problem on BT and Telewest lines with firmware 3.1.8. Does the
    >> upgrade wipe all the settings ? Is it unlocked ?
    >>
    >> Many thanks for the link :)

    > Doesn't wipe the settings and that firmware is still unlocked if your
    > unit was originally and so far (a few calls) no hanging lines
    > anymore.....

    Can confirm the above.

    Still no lines staying open here.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 19, 2006
  15. Just

    Bleh Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:18:03 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Thus spaketh Just:
    >>>
    >>> What firmware do you have on your PAP2?
    >>>
    >>> I upgraded the firmware in mine last week and since then I've not
    >>> had a
    >>>
    >>> recurrence of the problem at all.
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/oqc22
    >>>
    >>> Firmware Version: 3.1.10(LS)-
    >>>

    >>> Same problem on BT and Telewest lines with firmware 3.1.8. Does the
    >>> upgrade wipe all the settings ? Is it unlocked ?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for the link :)

    >> Doesn't wipe the settings and that firmware is still unlocked if your
    >> unit was originally and so far (a few calls) no hanging lines
    >> anymore.....

    >Can confirm the above.
    >
    >Still no lines staying open here.

    Thats for the link etc.... no problems so far :-D

    Bleh, Apr 19, 2006
  16. Just

    Just Guest

    A few more days and a number of additional calls - thankfully th
    hanging lines are no longer a feature - not had one since upgrading t
    .10 as above.

    Thanks again for the link. I even called a particular troublesom
    number again the other day (having hung their line for nearly 3
    minutes previously) and all was well

    --
    Just

    Just, Apr 25, 2006
  17. Just

    news Guest

    In message <>, Just
    <> writes

    >A few more days and a number of additional calls - thankfully the
    >hanging lines are no longer a feature - not had one since upgrading to
    >.10 as above.
    >
    >Thanks again for the link. I even called a particular troublesome
    >number again the other day (having hung their line for nearly 30
    >minutes previously) and all was well.

    Just, please learn to quote the original message whenever you reply to
    something (using >, like I have above). Otherwise, people have no idea
    what you are talking about and what/who you are replying to.

    You know it makes sense :))

    --
    Ian

    news, Apr 25, 2006