    Just a way of avoiding huge overseas toll expense.
    Any ideas welcome.

    Thanks
    KIXX, Apr 26, 2007

  2. KIXX

    Jono Guest

    KIXX wrote:

    > Has anyone here tried to hook up a PAP2 outside its geographical area of
    > operation, i.e. other country, and worked?
    >
    > Just a way of avoiding huge overseas toll expense.
    > Any ideas welcome.
    >
    > Thanks

    Erm, yes.

    That's (almost) the whole point of VoIP.

    Your PAP2 doesn't care a jot where in the world it is, so long as it has
    an internet connection.
    Jono, Apr 26, 2007

  3. KIXX

    Herman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > KIXX wrote:
    >>
    >> Has anyone here tried to hook up a PAP2 outside its geographical area of
    >> operation, i.e. other country, and worked?
    >>
    >> Just a way of avoiding huge overseas toll expense.
    >> Any ideas welcome.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Erm, yes.
    >
    > That's (almost) the whole point of VoIP.
    >
    > Your PAP2 doesn't care a jot where in the world it is, so long as it has
    > an internet connection.

    And a PSU with the correct plug...
    Herman, Apr 26, 2007
  4. KIXX

    Graham Guest

    "KIXX" <> wrote in message

    > Has anyone here tried to hook up a PAP2 outside its geographical area of
    > operation, i.e. other country, and worked?
    >
    > Just a way of avoiding huge overseas toll expense.
    > Any ideas welcome.
    >
    > Thanks

    I suspect your problem is that your PAP2 is locked to a provider
    that charges "huge tolls" for the countries you dial. Moving its
    location will make no difference.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Apr 26, 2007
  5. KIXX wrote:
    > Has anyone here tried to hook up a PAP2 outside its geographical area
    > of operation, i.e. other country, and worked?
    >
    > Just a way of avoiding huge overseas toll expense.
    > Any ideas welcome.
    >
    > Thanks

    Not had any problems with USA number services, Romanian number services,
    Italian number services and German number services working here in the
    UK, also have several UK numbers which are not my local area too,
    working fine.

    That is the beauty of VoIP, take it anywhere (where there is broadband
    and power) and you could be sunning yourself in Spain making and
    receiving calls as if in the UK.

    Win Amazon Vouchers:
    http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 26, 2007
  6. KIXX

    Tim Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > And a PSU with the correct plug...

    Pap2's use Phihong power supplies. They have interchangeable clips.

    If you need different clips, ProVu have them in stock.

    Tim
    Tim, Apr 27, 2007