    Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    uk.
    , Mar 4, 2006

  2. Chris Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    >uk.

    Ordered mine from DABS - they sell both the unlocked and a locked
    version.
    --
    Chris
    Chris, Mar 4, 2006

  3. paul123 Guest

    paul123, Mar 4, 2006
  4. Dellboy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    > uk.

    Unlocking a Vonage unit will save you a mint, I brought a unit from Comet
    (£19.99)and managed to unlock it without too much hassle.
    Dellboy, Mar 4, 2006
  5. Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    >> uk.

    >Unlocking a Vonage unit will save you a mint, I brought a unit from Comet
    >(£19.99)and managed to unlock it without too much hassle.

    I have a Vonage unit here which I was thinking of putting in the bin
    so how do you unlock them then .
    , Mar 4, 2006
  6. Dellboy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    > I have a Vonage unit here which I was thinking of putting in the bin
    > so how do you unlock them then .

    Here`s a URL :-http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14450684%7Edays=9999

    But DO NOT let the Pap2 go onto the internet until you have done everything
    correctly!!!

    This will allow Vonage to update the firmware to lockable frimware, if you
    need more help let us know i`ll guide you as much as I can..
    Dellboy, Mar 4, 2006
  7. Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:16:12 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    >> I have a Vonage unit here which I was thinking of putting in the bin
    >> so how do you unlock them then .

    >Here`s a URL :-http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14450684%7Edays=9999
    >
    >But DO NOT let the Pap2 go onto the internet until you have done everything
    >correctly!!!
    >
    >This will allow Vonage to update the firmware to lockable frimware, if you
    >need more help let us know i`ll guide you as much as I can..

    Thanks I will let you know in a day or two .
    , Mar 4, 2006
  8. Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 20:00:25 GMT, wrote:

    >On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:16:12 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message
    >>> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    >>> I have a Vonage unit here which I was thinking of putting in the bin
    >>> so how do you unlock them then .

    >>Here`s a URL :-http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14450684%7Edays=9999
    >>
    >>But DO NOT let the Pap2 go onto the internet until you have done everything
    >>correctly!!!
    >>
    >>This will allow Vonage to update the firmware to lockable frimware, if you
    >>need more help let us know i`ll guide you as much as I can..
    >>

    >Thanks I will let you know in a day or two .

    The changing of firmware can be risky. If the transfer interrupts then
    you will be stuck. The alternative is to spoof Vonage and send the box
    an XML file with a new admin password of your choice. Not done it
    myself but it sounnds less risky.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 4, 2006
  9. ScrAtcH² Guest

    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    >> uk.

    >Unlocking a Vonage unit will save you a mint, I brought a unit from Comet
    >(£19.99)and managed to unlock it without too much hassle.

    I picked up one of these about a week ago @comet and just got round to
    unlocking it.

    You should'nt have any problems if you follow the instructions on the
    link posted by Dellboy.

    Now, I have to sort out the Dial Plan any advice is welcome ...
    ScrAtcH², Apr 23, 2006
  10. Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:02:25 +0100, ScrAtcH²
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    >>> uk.

    >>Unlocking a Vonage unit will save you a mint, I brought a unit from Comet
    >>(£19.99)and managed to unlock it without too much hassle.
    >>

    >I picked up one of these about a week ago @comet and just got round to
    >unlocking it.
    >
    >You should'nt have any problems if you follow the instructions on the
    >link posted by Dellboy.
    >
    >Now, I have to sort out the Dial Plan any advice is welcome ...

    Re dial plan....voxilla.com and numerous 'google groups' posts. Just
    do a search and you'll find all you want.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Apr 23, 2006
  11. Thus spaketh ScrAtcH²:
    > On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know where a Linksys PAP2 ( UNLOCKED )can be purchased in the
    >>> uk.

    >> Unlocking a Vonage unit will save you a mint, I brought a unit from
    >> Comet (£19.99)and managed to unlock it without too much hassle.
    >>

    > I picked up one of these about a week ago @comet and just got round to
    > unlocking it.
    >
    > You should'nt have any problems if you follow the instructions on the
    > link posted by Dellboy.
    >
    > Now, I have to sort out the Dial Plan any advice is welcome ...

    (0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<999:00441216874070>S0|<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.)

    Is the one I currently use, this is for VoIP Stunt / SIP Discount etc.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 23, 2006
  12. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh ScrAtcH²:
    >> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:46:58 -0000, "Dellboy" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Unlocking a Vonage unit will save you a mint, I brought a unit from
    >>> Comet (£19.99)and managed to unlock it without too much hassle.
    >>>

    >> I picked up one of these about a week ago @comet and just got round
    >> to unlocking it.
    >>
    >> You should'nt have any problems if you follow the instructions on the
    >> link posted by Dellboy.
    >>
    >> Now, I have to sort out the Dial Plan any advice is welcome ...

    > (0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<999:00441216874070>S0|<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.)
    >
    > Is the one I currently use, this is for VoIP Stunt / SIP Discount etc.

    Sorry * services were missed off.

    (0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<999:00441216874070>S0|<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.|*xx)
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 23, 2006
  13. Meggahurtz Guest

    "ScrAtcH²" <> wrote in message

    > I picked up one of these about a week ago @comet and just got round to
    > unlocking it.
    >
    > You should'nt have any problems if you follow the instructions on the
    > link posted by Dellboy.

    I`ve now gone a stage further and managed to flash it with the Sipura
    software to allow 2 lines on the 1 line "so to speak", works really well.

    I lift the handset and i`m connected to sipgate push the "#" button and i`m
    using Voipstunt :eek:)

    I`ve just got to suss how to enter the Dial plan in the Sipura firmware,
    seems blanked out to me on my Pap2 unless i`ve missed something obvious :S
    Meggahurtz, Apr 23, 2006
  14. Meggahurtz Guest

    "Meggahurtz" <> wrote in message

    My Apologies, i`ve changed my handle from "Dellboy" to "Meggahurtz" if you
    were wondering :0)
    Meggahurtz, Apr 23, 2006