Panotools with Autopano option

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Apr 12, 2004.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
    the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
    points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
    software is available here:
    http://autopano.kolor.com/

    By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
    /keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024

    Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
    Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Alfred Molon

    Clyde Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
    > the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
    > points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
    > software is available here:
    > http://autopano.kolor.com/
    >
    > By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
    > /keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024
    >
    > Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
    > Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

    That why I like Hugin. The auto features. Of course, they aren't perfect
    and I like to see them take a stab at it and be able to change it if
    needed. That is why I wouldn't want a fully automatic line up; I don't
    trust it. I've had to many really hairy stitches that were hard enough
    manually.

    Clyde
    Clyde, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Clyde <> wrote:
    >Alfred Molon wrote:
    >> The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
    >> the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
    >> points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
    >> software is available here:
    >> http://autopano.kolor.com/
    >>
    >> By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
    >> /keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024
    >>
    >> Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
    >> Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

    >That why I like Hugin. The auto features. Of course, they aren't perfect
    >and I like to see them take a stab at it and be able to change it if
    >needed. That is why I wouldn't want a fully automatic line up; I don't
    >trust it. I've had to many really hairy stitches that were hard enough
    >manually.

    With PTGUI after the control points have been generated you can throw
    away the bad ones (do an optimisation and remove the points with a too
    high distance). Then you can generate a multi-layered pano image and
    edit it in PS if you want.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Alfred Molon

    Clyde Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > Clyde <> wrote:
    >
    >>Alfred Molon wrote:
    >>
    >>>The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
    >>>the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
    >>>points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
    >>>software is available here:
    >>>http://autopano.kolor.com/
    >>>
    >>>By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
    >>>/keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024
    >>>
    >>>Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
    >>>Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

    >>That why I like Hugin. The auto features. Of course, they aren't perfect
    >>and I like to see them take a stab at it and be able to change it if
    >>needed. That is why I wouldn't want a fully automatic line up; I don't
    >>trust it. I've had to many really hairy stitches that were hard enough
    >>manually.

    > With PTGUI after the control points have been generated you can throw
    > away the bad ones (do an optimisation and remove the points with a too
    > high distance). Then you can generate a multi-layered pano image and
    > edit it in PS if you want.

    I believe that is a feature of all PanoTools frontends.

    Clyde
    Clyde, Apr 14, 2004