Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog by Pixelpix

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PixelPix, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. PixelPix

    PixelPix Guest

    PixelPix, Jun 7, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. PixelPix

    Scott W Guest

    On Jun 6, 6:15 pm, PixelPix <> wrote:
    > My most recent blog entry.....
    >
    > Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...
    >
    > Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >
    > I hope you will find it useful.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Russell Stewarthttp://blog.pixelpix.com.auhttp://www.pixelpix.com.au/galleryhttp://www.potd.com.au


    Very nice write up, well worth a read.

    thanks,

    Scott
     
    Scott W, Jun 7, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. PixelPix

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    PixelPix wrote:

    > My most recent blog entry.....
    >
    > Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    > http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >
    > Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >
    > I hope you will find it useful.


    Yes, thanks, that's a good explanation & a clever device. I was just
    discussing this with fellow photographers and your page made it more
    clear to me.

    BTW, my discussion was with a film shooter who wanted to make multiple
    prints & simply lay them side by side. I think I was correct in saying
    this simply will not work. For accurate results, software is needed to
    undistort the geometry of each shot.


    --
    Paul Furman Photography
    http://www.edgehill.net/1
    Bay Natives Nursery
    http://www.baynatives.com
     
    Paul Furman, Jun 7, 2007
    #3
  4. PixelPix

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    Paul Furman wrote:
    > PixelPix wrote:
    >
    >> My most recent blog entry.....
    >>
    >> Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    >> http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >>
    >>
    >> Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >> tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >>
    >> I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    > Yes, thanks, that's a good explanation & a clever device. I was just
    > discussing this with fellow photographers and your page made it more
    > clear to me.
    >
    > BTW, my discussion was with a film shooter who wanted to make multiple
    > prints & simply lay them side by side. I think I was correct in saying
    > this simply will not work. For accurate results, software is needed to
    > undistort the geometry of each shot.
    >
    >

    I have done many such film 'panos'. Yes, the geometry is better using a
    good digital and panorama software, but the pictures laid side by side,
    with careful overlapping can give a pretty good impression of a wide
    scene. Much more dramatic than a single picture at a time.
     
    Ron Hunter, Jun 7, 2007
    #4
  5. "Paul Furman" <> wrote

    > BTW, my discussion was with a film shooter who wanted to make multiple
    > prints & simply lay them side by side. I think I was correct in saying
    > this simply will not work.


    It would work if he would paste them to the inside of a sphere.

    If pasted to the outside of a sphere it might look like a
    'fish-eye panorama' where the undistorted center moves with
    the orientation of the sphere...

    Internet rule #1: The answer to the question "Am I the only one?"
    is always "No".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUKs87Dj2tc
    http://www.termespheres.com/store.html

    --
    Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
    Darkroom Automation: F-Stop Timers, Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm
    n o lindan at ix dot netcom dot com
     
    Nicholas O. Lindan, Jun 7, 2007
    #5
  6. PixelPix

    Colin_D Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    PixelPix wrote:
    > My most recent blog entry.....
    >
    > Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    > http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >
    > Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >
    > I hope you will find it useful.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Russell Stewart
    > http://blog.pixelpix.com.au
    > http://www.pixelpix.com.au/gallery
    > http://www.potd.com.au
    >

    An interesting method you have there. For my purposes though, I need
    vertical as well as horizontal panning, and while your setup rotates
    around the nodal point in a lateral pan, it does not allow this in a
    vertical pan.

    Colin D.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
     
    Colin_D, Jun 7, 2007
    #6
  7. PixelPix

    Matt Clara Guest

    "Colin_D" <> wrote in message
    news:46687254$0$29027$...
    > PixelPix wrote:
    >> My most recent blog entry.....
    >>
    >> Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    >> http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >>
    >> Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >> tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >>
    >> I hope you will find it useful.


    > An interesting method you have there. For my purposes though, I need
    > vertical as well as horizontal panning, and while your setup rotates
    > around the nodal point in a lateral pan, it does not allow this in a
    > vertical pan.
    >
    > Colin D.
    >
    >


    What do you use, Colin?

    --
    www.mattclara.com
     
    Matt Clara, Jun 8, 2007
    #7
  8. PixelPix

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jun 8, 7:54 am, Colin_D <> wrote:
    > PixelPix wrote:
    > > My most recent blog entry.....

    >
    > > Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    > >http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...

    >
    > > Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > > tips for shooting panoramic images.

    >
    > > I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    > > Cheers

    >
    > > Russell Stewart
    > >http://blog.pixelpix.com.au
    > >http://www.pixelpix.com.au/gallery
    > >http://www.potd.com.au

    >
    > An interesting method you have there. For my purposes though, I need
    > vertical as well as horizontal panning, and while your setup rotates
    > around the nodal point in a lateral pan, it does not allow this in a
    > vertical pan.
    >
    > Colin D.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via a free Usenet account fromhttp://www.teranews.com


    A vertical pan is not a problem if using a tripod that allows the
    middle shaft to be removed and replaced in the horizontal position.
    One of the Manfrotto 055 tripods does this.... my 055 is the model
    under and does not, so I put a second tripod head on top of the other
    and this gives me vertical pans around the nodal.

    It also allows for severe off-level nodal rotation and with that some
    wacko effects can be created... http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/WackoPano2.jpg

    Cheers

    Rusty
     
    PixelPix, Jun 8, 2007
    #8
  9. PixelPix

    Colin_D Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    Matt Clara wrote:
    > "Colin_D" <> wrote in message
    > news:46687254$0$29027$...
    >> PixelPix wrote:
    >>> My most recent blog entry.....
    >>>
    >>> Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    >>> http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >>>
    >>> Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >>> tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >>>
    >>> I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    >> An interesting method you have there. For my purposes though, I need
    >> vertical as well as horizontal panning, and while your setup rotates
    >> around the nodal point in a lateral pan, it does not allow this in a
    >> vertical pan.
    >>
    >> Colin D.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > What do you use, Colin?
    >
    > --
    > www.mattclara.com
    >

    Hi Matt,
    I manufactured a pano head from 12mm - about ½-inch - plywood, basically
    along the lines of the Panosaurus, with a bubble level fixed to the
    bottom piece of wood, a vertical piece fitted into a routered groove
    spaced from the point of rotation to position the lens over the rotate
    point of the tripod, and a plywood arm extending backwards from the
    vertical panel to carry the camera in portrait orientation. This arm is
    pivoted at the nodal point so the camera can swing vertically as well as
    horizontally about the nodal point. The camera mounting screw is in an
    adjustable slot so the camera can be moved forward or back a limited
    amount to set the NP depending on the zoom setting. Not that there's a
    lot of difference, since most of the time I am zoomed to about 60mm or
    so. But lately I have photographed the front foyer and the lounge of a
    large house, from ceiling to floor, three rows of six shots at 17mm,
    which is why I need the vertical swing.

    Imagine the Panosaurus made of plywood and you've got the idea. Cost of
    manufacture about $5 for a bubble level and suitable bolts and wing
    nuts, scrap plywood, $0. Time to make, about two to three hours.
    Painted matt black, looks ok.

    The first trap was not setting the tripod head level before leveling the
    pan-tilt head, so I have to fit another bubble level to the tripod.

    Colin D.

    Colin D.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
     
    Colin_D, Jun 8, 2007
    #9
  10. PixelPix

    Alan K. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:15:10 -0700, PixelPix <>
    wrote:
    >My most recent blog entry.....
    >Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    >http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >
    >Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >
    >I hope you will find it useful.


    Good article Russell, thanks for that. Others like me who are starting
    to develop an interest in this might also be interested in an article
    on the subject that I stumbled upon last night on the Manfrotto site:

    http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/pid/3491

    Though I suspect that the equipment used in the latter article would
    be... rather more wallet-shattering.
     
    Alan K., Jun 9, 2007
    #10
  11. PixelPix

    Rob Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    Alan K. wrote:

    > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:15:10 -0700, PixelPix <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>My most recent blog entry.....
    >>Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    >>http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap.html
    >>
    >>Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >>tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >>
    >>I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    >
    > Good article Russell, thanks for that. Others like me who are starting
    > to develop an interest in this might also be interested in an article
    > on the subject that I stumbled upon last night on the Manfrotto site:
    >
    > http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/pid/3491
    >
    > Though I suspect that the equipment used in the latter article would
    > be... rather more wallet-shattering.



    I think that some of the stitching programs have now superseded what's
    been written - although that article is interesting.
     
    Rob, Jun 9, 2007
    #11
  12. PixelPix

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 7, 12:15 am, PixelPix <> wrote:
    > My most recent blog entry.....
    >
    > Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...
    >
    > Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >
    > I hope you will find it useful.


    Q. When you drilled your holes in the bracket from the hardware store
    what type of fasteners did you use to attach the camera to the bracket
    and the bracket to the rails?
     
    Annika1980, Jun 9, 2007
    #12
  13. PixelPix

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > On Jun 7, 12:15 am, PixelPix <> wrote:
    >
    >>My most recent blog entry.....
    >>
    >>Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...
    >>
    >>Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >>tips for shooting panoramic images.
    >>
    >>I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    >
    > Q. When you drilled your holes in the bracket from the hardware store
    > what type of fasteners did you use to attach the camera to the bracket
    > and the bracket to the rails?


    It's just standard (3/8"?) threaded nuts & bolts. I've adapted an old
    tripod with a wingnut & a board for a digital projector stand from
    regular hardware store parts.

    --
    Paul Furman Photography
    http://www.edgehill.net/1
    Bay Natives Nursery
    http://www.baynatives.com
     
    Paul Furman, Jun 9, 2007
    #13
  14. PixelPix

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jun 9, 2:10 pm, Rob <> wrote:
    > Alan K. wrote:
    > > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:15:10 -0700, PixelPix <>
    > > wrote:

    >
    > >>My most recent blog entry.....
    > >>Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    > >>http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...

    >
    > >>Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > >>tips for shooting panoramic images.

    >
    > >>I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    > > Good article Russell, thanks for that. Others like me who are starting
    > > to develop an interest in this might also be interested in an article
    > > on the subject that I stumbled upon last night on the Manfrotto site:

    >
    > >http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/pid/3491

    >
    > > Though I suspect that the equipment used in the latter article would
    > > be... rather more wallet-shattering.

    >
    > I think that some of the stitching programs have now superseded what's
    > been written - although that article is interesting.


    How so?
     
    PixelPix, Jun 9, 2007
    #14
  15. PixelPix

    Rob Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    PixelPix wrote:
    > On Jun 9, 2:10 pm, Rob <> wrote:
    >
    >>Alan K. wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:15:10 -0700, PixelPix <>
    >>>wrote:

    >>
    >>>>My most recent blog entry.....
    >>>>Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    >>>>http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...

    >>
    >>>>Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    >>>>tips for shooting panoramic images.

    >>
    >>>>I hope you will find it useful.

    >>
    >>>Good article Russell, thanks for that. Others like me who are starting
    >>>to develop an interest in this might also be interested in an article
    >>>on the subject that I stumbled upon last night on the Manfrotto site:

    >>
    >>>http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/pid/3491

    >>
    >>>Though I suspect that the equipment used in the latter article would
    >>>be... rather more wallet-shattering.

    >>
    >>I think that some of the stitching programs have now superseded what's
    >>been written - although that article is interesting.

    >
    >
    > How so?
    >


    Bits like this -- "When the software tries to stitch the two shots
    together, a blurring or ghosting will occur on the edges of the nearby
    object as the software blends the object's shifting positions with the
    background."

    Using Adobe Elements, setting the camera on manual, etc - old hat!
    Cameras and software have moved on.

    This may have happened with older software and was noticeable. I would
    at a guess in the last 8 mths two of the programs that I use don't show
    this effect or is it my technique? Using stuff like "panofactory" ??
    and another Arcsoft??, I think, supplied with Canon and Ricoh digital
    cameras, with I have used in the past.

    Even the new Photoshop CS3 Photomerge far out shines CS2 version. And I
    updated my other stitching program at end of last year, both updates are
    better and more accurate. You will find that as software develops, the
    number of points with which they use to align the images has increased
    significantly, 200 or more, where as the old ones were three.

    You don't even have to orientate images, from Horizontal to vertical. I
    took a series of 3x 18 vertical images in one 180 degrees shoot and the
    thumbs were horizontal un orientated, the images were also out of order
    and from all 3 series taken, selecting 54 images the the stitching
    program corrected all of these and made one stitched and blended image.
    Now thats not bad at all. BTW this was all hand held.

    Someone did put up an image last year or more ?? of Circular Quay with I
    think 60+ images stitched, horizontal and vertical coverage, this
    covered from the OH to the bridge.

    I have revisited some of my old panoramic images and they now just snap
    into place seamlessly.

    Its like I said interesting and but technically the software has moved
    on rapidly, stitching and blending, taking over from the politically
    correct technical aspects.

    rm
     
    Rob, Jun 9, 2007
    #15
  16. PixelPix

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    Rob wrote:

    > You don't even have to orientate images, from Horizontal to vertical.


    Autostich is pretty amazing. You just throw it a set of images & it
    figures out everything. Here's an example where it got seriously
    confused though <grin>:
    <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/2005-06-12-neighborhood&PG=1&PIC=3>
    The previous frame is what I intended and I did than manually.
     
    Paul Furman, Jun 9, 2007
    #16
  17. PixelPix

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jun 9, 2:23 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Jun 7, 12:15 am, PixelPix <> wrote:
    >
    > > My most recent blog entry.....

    >
    > > Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...

    >
    > > Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > > tips for shooting panoramic images.

    >
    > > I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    > Q. When you drilled your holes in the bracket from the hardware store
    > what type of fasteners did you use to attach the camera to the bracket
    > and the bracket to the rails?


    In my case the Oly rail cam with a standard bolt that you can see in
    the pictures.... this would normally come from below and screw into
    the camera base. I simply removed this and screwed in from the top to
    hold the bracket. To attach the cam to the hardware's bracket, I
    removed the wing-nutty bolt from an old manfrotto base plate that I
    had laying around.
     
    PixelPix, Jun 9, 2007
    #17
  18. PixelPix

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jun 10, 12:06 am, Rob <> wrote:
    > PixelPix wrote:
    > > On Jun 9, 2:10 pm, Rob <> wrote:

    >
    > >>Alan K. wrote:

    >
    > >>>On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:15:10 -0700, PixelPix <>
    > >>>wrote:

    >
    > >>>>My most recent blog entry.....
    > >>>>Tip 7: Panoramic photography on the cheap!
    > >>>>http://russellspixelpix.blogspot.com/2007/06/tip-7-panoramas-on-cheap...

    >
    > >>>>Here I show how I made a cheap and effective pano head and offer some
    > >>>>tips for shooting panoramic images.

    >
    > >>>>I hope you will find it useful.

    >
    > >>>Good article Russell, thanks for that. Others like me who are starting
    > >>>to develop an interest in this might also be interested in an article
    > >>>on the subject that I stumbled upon last night on the Manfrotto site:

    >
    > >>>http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/pid/3491

    >
    > >>>Though I suspect that the equipment used in the latter article would
    > >>>be... rather more wallet-shattering.

    >
    > >>I think that some of the stitching programs have now superseded what's
    > >>been written - although that article is interesting.

    >
    > > How so?

    >
    > Bits like this -- "When the software tries to stitch the two shots
    > together, a blurring or ghosting will occur on the edges of the nearby
    > object as the software blends the object's shifting positions with the
    > background."
    >
    > Using Adobe Elements, setting the camera on manual, etc - old hat!
    > Cameras and software have moved on.
    >
    > This may have happened with older software and was noticeable. I would
    > at a guess in the last 8 mths two of the programs that I use don't show
    > this effect or is it my technique? Using stuff like "panofactory" ??
    > and another Arcsoft??, I think, supplied with Canon and Ricoh digital
    > cameras, with I have used in the past.
    >
    > Even the new Photoshop CS3 Photomerge far out shines CS2 version. And I
    > updated my other stitching program at end of last year, both updates are
    > better and more accurate. You will find that as software develops, the
    > number of points with which they use to align the images has increased
    > significantly, 200 or more, where as the old ones were three.
    >
    > You don't even have to orientate images, from Horizontal to vertical. I
    > took a series of 3x 18 vertical images in one 180 degrees shoot and the
    > thumbs were horizontal un orientated, the images were also out of order
    > and from all 3 series taken, selecting 54 images the the stitching
    > program corrected all of these and made one stitched and blended image.
    > Now thats not bad at all. BTW this was all hand held.
    >
    > Someone did put up an image last year or more ?? of Circular Quay with I
    > think 60+ images stitched, horizontal and vertical coverage, this
    > covered from the OH to the bridge.
    >
    > I have revisited some of my old panoramic images and they now just snap
    > into place seamlessly.
    >
    > Its like I said interesting and but technically the software has moved
    > on rapidly, stitching and blending, taking over from the politically
    > correct technical aspects.
    >
    > rm


    ah!.... you are quoting the manfroggo page... I was confused there for
    a sec, as I thought you were quoting me.

    Having said that, I do agree with the "a blurring or ghosting will
    occur on the edges of the nearby object as the software blends the
    object's shifting positions with the background."

    New software like SmartBlend may be pretty good at looking for new
    "matching" areas of the image to make transitions, but if a lax
    technique is used at the time of capture, there may be no way of
    avoiding at least some of the areas where parallax is an issue.

    This won't be much of a problem with a more distant landscape and I am
    sure most software will now throw them together seamlessly, but add a
    few close foreground elements to the parallax equation and there is no
    software that I have seen, that can make the right assumptions and
    produce a seamless blend... IMO it is far better to produce perfectly
    aligned nodally rotated images to begin with, than it is to rely on
    some "code" to fix it later.
     
    PixelPix, Jun 9, 2007
    #18
  19. PixelPix

    Rob Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    PixelPix wrote:

    >>Its like I said interesting and but technically the software has moved
    >>on rapidly, stitching and blending, taking over from the politically
    >>correct technical aspects.
    >>
    >>rm

    >
    >
    > ah!.... you are quoting the manfroggo page... I was confused there for
    > a sec, as I thought you were quoting me.
    >
    > Having said that, I do agree with the "a blurring or ghosting will
    > occur on the edges of the nearby object as the software blends the
    > object's shifting positions with the background."
    >
    > New software like SmartBlend may be pretty good at looking for new
    > "matching" areas of the image to make transitions, but if a lax
    > technique is used at the time of capture, there may be no way of
    > avoiding at least some of the areas where parallax is an issue.
    >
    > This won't be much of a problem with a more distant landscape and I am
    > sure most software will now throw them together seamlessly, but add a
    > few close foreground elements to the parallax equation and there is no
    > software that I have seen, that can make the right assumptions and
    > produce a seamless blend... IMO it is far better to produce perfectly
    > aligned nodally rotated images to begin with, than it is to rely on
    > some "code" to fix it later.
    >


    Yes - I was referring to the Manfrotto page.

    Have a look at the video on Russell Browns site at an example what CS3
    is doing - its interesting. Very different to CS2, which didn't blend,
    using a 45 degree slice.

    http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/CS3PhotoMergeSM.mov

    This has close elements.

    Some software programmes do it differently and if I find one can't
    handle it, then I run it through the other.

    Technique is where you have an understanding of what's required so the
    stitching program will work, this is not necessarily a nodally rotated
    image.
     
    Rob, Jun 10, 2007
    #19
  20. PixelPix

    Rob Guest

    Re: Panoramic photography on the cheap! - Photography Help Blog byPixelpix

    Paul Furman wrote:
    > Rob wrote:
    >
    >> You don't even have to orientate images, from Horizontal to vertical.

    >
    >
    > Autostich is pretty amazing. You just throw it a set of images & it
    > figures out everything. Here's an example where it got seriously
    > confused though <grin>:
    > <http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/2005-06-12-neighborhood&PG=1&PIC=3>
    >
    > The previous frame is what I intended and I did than manually.


    It tends to do that sometimes. So I try another program.

    I think the first result would have been the same even if you used the a
    nodal point. the program has lost track of what's going on.

    One image of the 'coast line' taken off a tripod setup on a focus rail,
    (see I have tried that) about 20 plus images ended up in a horseshoe
    shape. Ended up stitching about 5 at a time them, the resultant images
    were then stitched, that worked.
     
    Rob, Jun 10, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John

    blog blog blog

    John, Feb 13, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    559
  2. Peter Watts
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    458
  3. PixelPix

    COM: Share your tips & techniques? - PixelPix Blog

    PixelPix, May 24, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    309
    PixelPix
    May 24, 2007
  4. PixelPix

    PixelPix's Photography Help Blog.

    PixelPix, May 30, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    369
    PixelPix
    May 30, 2007
  5. PixelPix
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    473
    PixelPix
    Jun 24, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page