    Also is the barreling on the c4000 a big problem or is it just my camera?

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matt Benson, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Matt Benson

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:57:14 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Matt Benson"
    <> wrote:

    >Just got back from my big hol in canada and am about to start with the photo
    >stitching. When I check the focal length using exif it will say something
    >like 6.8mm. If I put this into panorama factory v3.0 it replies that this
    >is outside the 35mm equivalence for the oly c4000 (which is 32-96mm). Does
    >anyone know how I can convert the exif value into 35mm equivalent, I think
    >it will make my life a lot easier when it comes to blending the pics.

    RTFM and find out the conversion. The specs usually give you both the
    actual and 35mm equiv. All you need is the multiplier.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Matt Benson

    Matt Benson Guest

    RTFM, why didn't I think of that first! If only I had you to help me with
    all of lifes difficulties pointing out the f'in obvious each time!!
    Surprisingly enough there isn't anything in the crappy little manual that
    comes with the camera or in the larger one that comes as a pdf with the
    software. If anyone can find different then please let me know.

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matt Benson, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Matt Benson

    Zol. Guest

    Hi, you may need to look at the spec - either that or experiment with the
    panorama tool starting at 35mm and working up - The Canon A40/A70 for
    example is 50mm at normal wide setting - unfortunetly exif cant give you
    information about lenses just the image settings.

    Another program you could try is Cool Lead 360 which gives you a preview
    when selecting the lens type so you can see if you are right or wrong about
    your choice

    If you would like, I could find out for you - just send 3 or more images to
    be stiched together to the below address (in signature) and I will do some
    leg work for you

    regards ... Zol.

    --

    "May you find what you are looking for in the Window at the heart of the
    machine"

    Canon Photo Gallery - http://www.byphotos.com/

    email : Zolitare`AT`Blueyonder.co.uk / TheOne`AT`Blueyonder.co.uk

    Free Anti-Virus Software ... http://www.grisoft.com
    Free Firewall Software ...... http://www.sygate.com/swat/default.htm
    Free Spyware Removal .... http://security.kolla.de/

    Test your Firewall ............ http://scan.sygatetech.com/

    Zol., Jul 23, 2003
  5. Matt Benson

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:32:48 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Matt Benson"
    <> wrote:

    >RTFM, why didn't I think of that first! If only I had you to help me with
    >all of lifes difficulties pointing out the f'in obvious each time!!
    >Surprisingly enough there isn't anything in the crappy little manual that
    >comes with the camera or in the larger one that comes as a pdf with the
    >software. If anyone can find different then please let me know.

    Did you even bother to take 60 sec and look at the Olympus web site?

    Olympus aspherical glass 3x zoom lens 6.5 - 19.5mm (32-96mm equivalent
    in 35mm photography)

    Ed Ruf, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Matt Benson

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:15:24 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Zol."
    <> wrote:

    >example is 50mm at normal wide setting - unfortunetly exif cant give you
    >information about lenses just the image settings.

    That's not true, and in fact that is what make the exif data so useful,
    especially in terms of learning. All the info about the shot can be
    contained, aperture, shutter speed, focal length etc. My older CP-990 only
    stores the actual focal length used, while my newer CP-5700, stores both
    the actual and the 35mmequiv. in exif.

    Ed Ruf, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Matt Benson

    Matt Benson Guest

    Thanks for the help everyone, I got it sorted out last night and am getting
    some pretty nice pics now. Now, I have the joys of printing to look forward
    to :)

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matt Benson, Jul 24, 2003