    http://philippe.laval.free.fr/SaintPaulVence/index.php

    Good week-end
    Philippe Laval

    Philippe Laval, Oct 22, 2006

  2. Philippe Laval

    Mardon Guest

    Philippe Laval <> wrote:

    > This is the beginning of a virtual visit of Saint Paul de Vence
    > (on the French Riviera near Cannes and Nice).
    > As you will see, there are a lot of art galeries in this old
    > village.
    > http://philippe.laval.free.fr/SaintPaulVence/index.php
    > Good week-end
    > Philippe Laval

    Very cool! Great job. I also have a couple of comments. I notice
    that there are 18 VR tours of Cagnes sur Mar and 38 VR tours of Boit
    on those respective pages but they are only configured to be viewed
    using the Java Viewer. I much prefer using the Quicktime viewer, so
    the way that the Saint Paul de Vence page is configured is much more
    desirable as far as I'm concerned. The only negative about the Saint
    Paul de Vence pageis that when I click on the "Full Screen" Quicktime
    choice, the first thing I see is a Windows dialogue box that asks me
    if I want to run an ActiveX control. I cancel the control and
    everything still works OK. It would be good if you could stop that
    ActiveX window from appearing. It seems like it isn't needed anyway
    and it does not appear for the non-full screen version of Quicktime.
    BTW, If you ever deciede to make VR's from other parts of France, I
    vote for Sondersdorf, Haut-Rhin, Alsace. My great grandfather was
    born there but I've never seen the place.

    Mardon, Oct 22, 2006

  3. Mardon a écrit :
    > Philippe Laval <> wrote:
    >
    >> This is the beginning of a virtual visit of Saint Paul de Vence
    >> (on the French Riviera near Cannes and Nice).
    >> As you will see, there are a lot of art galeries in this old
    >> village.
    >> http://philippe.laval.free.fr/SaintPaulVence/index.php
    >> Good week-end
    >> Philippe Laval

    > Very cool! Great job.

    Thanks for your comment !

    I also have a couple of comments. I notice
    > that there are 18 VR tours of Cagnes sur Mar and 38 VR tours of Boit
    > on those respective pages but they are only configured to be viewed
    > using the Java Viewer. I much prefer using the Quicktime viewer, so
    > the way that the Saint Paul de Vence page is configured is much more
    > desirable as far as I'm concerned.

    Yes I will rework this part of the site when I have more time.
    I want first to create views of Menton and one village near Menton.
    I will also add comments and informations about these places.

    The only negative about the Saint
    > Paul de Vence pageis that when I click on the "Full Screen" Quicktime
    > choice, the first thing I see is a Windows dialogue box that asks me
    > if I want to run an ActiveX control.

    Well, use Firefox and you will not be annoyed. All the problems are
    generated by Internet Explorer.

    I cancel the control and
    > everything still works OK. It would be good if you could stop that
    > ActiveX window from appearing. It seems like it isn't needed anyway
    > and it does not appear for the non-full screen version of Quicktime.

    The problem comes from Internet Explorer.
    They are so affraid of the security problems caused by their programs
    and Active X that they ask people to click on a lot of about box.
    The page with fullscreen QT VR is only using 3 lines of javascript to
    known the size of your screen. I will check the code for the Active X
    usage probably next week-end.

    > BTW, If you ever deciede to make VR's from other parts of France, I
    > vote for Sondersdorf, Haut-Rhin, Alsace. My great grandfather was
    > born there but I've never seen the place.

    Well, this may comes but not soon. I will probably wait until next
    summer or spring.

    Philippe

    Philippe Laval, Oct 23, 2006