    or should I - can I just askm those questions in this group?

    Thanks so much,

    Tim

    Destin_FL, Jun 12, 2006

  2. On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:37:47 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Destin_FL"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Do you know of a specific panoramic/panorama photography group/forum to ask
    >questions about the stitching, the software, the light fall-off light changing
    >from one image to the next blah blah blah...
    >or should I - can I just askm those questions in this group?

    Just ask here.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jun 12, 2006

  3. Destin_FL wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Do you know of a specific panoramic/panorama photography group/forum to ask
    > questions about the stitching, the software, the light fall-off light changing
    > from one image to the next blah blah blah...
    > or should I - can I just askm those questions in this group?

    You can! As to should, ah, why not?? You could also Google the NG's for
    this question, but Karnak will attempt a few answers:

    I use PS CS I's stitching software, maintaining layers, to good effect.

    You do not need a mega $$ pano head. I have shot many a fine pano hand
    held. However, a tripod is useful. I don't use wide angles.*

    I try to have the sun behind me *(all this is for outdoor landscape
    panos; indoor or closeup brings in new factors), always use manual on
    every setting including WB. Clouds are your friend in covering seams.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 12, 2006
  4. Destin_FL

    Scott W Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Destin_FL wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > Do you know of a specific panoramic/panorama photography group/forum to ask
    > > questions about the stitching, the software, the light fall-off light changing
    > > from one image to the next blah blah blah...
    > > or should I - can I just askm those questions in this group?

    > You can! As to should, ah, why not?? You could also Google the NG's for
    > this question, but Karnak will attempt a few answers:
    >
    > I use PS CS I's stitching software, maintaining layers, to good effect.
    >
    > You do not need a mega $$ pano head. I have shot many a fine pano hand
    > held. However, a tripod is useful. I don't use wide angles.*

    I shot panos from many years before finally breaking down and getting a
    pano head. I would say learn to shoot pano without one first and then
    if it seems like something you really like to do invest in one. The
    pano head makes shooting the image a real joy and I went from stitching
    4 to 6 images to 20 to 40. The other part of it is when you have
    objects that are fairly close the pano head removes the problem with
    parallax. This type of image use to be very hit and miss for me without
    the pano head, not it is a very easy shot.

    > I try to have the sun behind me *(all this is for outdoor landscape
    > panos; indoor or closeup brings in new factors), always use manual on
    > every setting including WB. Clouds are your friend in covering seams.

    Check out PTGui, it does an amazing job of stitching and blending.
    There is a free trial version. It also give you a lot of control on
    the perspective on the final image. It can produce the stitched image
    along with a layer for each of the photos used with a mask for the
    photos. In these way it is easy to adjust where the seems are between
    photos, useful when people are in the image and moving about.

    Scott

    Scott

    Scott W, Jun 13, 2006
  5. Destin_FL

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Jun 13, 2006
  6. "Destin_FL" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Do you know of a specific panoramic/panorama photography
    > group/forum to ask questions about the stitching, the software,
    > the light fall-off light changing from one image to the next blah
    > blah blah...

    You could have a look at: <http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/>
    and I assume the PTGUI users have a similar place to dwell.

    > or should I - can I just askm those questions in this group?

    You can always ask, but IMHO you'll have a more focused audience at
    the link above.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 13, 2006
  7. Destin_FL

    simon Guest

    simon, Jun 13, 2006
  8. In article <nojjg.1766$ZV5.1524@dukeread05>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    > Do you know of a specific panoramic/panorama photography group/forum to ask
    > questions about the stitching, the software, the light fall-off light changing
    > from one image to the next blah blah blah...
    > or should I - can I just askm those questions in this group?
    >
    > Thanks so much,
    >
    > Tim

    I have quite a few tips of use to panoramic photographers
    on my web site. Just follow the tips link on the home page.

    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com

    Robert Feinman, Jun 13, 2006
  9. Destin_FL

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Bart van der Wolf <> wrote:

    >and I assume the PTGUI users have a similar place to dwell.

    Yes. The PTGui crowd hangs out here:

    Don Wiss, Jun 21, 2006