    Sincerely,
    Parth
    , Jun 1, 2007

  2. Rutger Guest

    "" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    > camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    > anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    > on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the panorama,
    > can you please describe the steps? Did you need special software or
    > could you do it with the software provided with the camera?

    Google is your friend: stitch+400D

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager
    Rutger, Jun 1, 2007

  3. Asle Bjerva Guest

    Rutger wrote:
    > "" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    >> camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    >> anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    >> on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the
    >> panorama, can you please describe the steps? Did you need special
    >> software or could you do it with the software provided with the
    >> camera?

    > Google is your friend: stitch+400D
    >
    > Rutger

    I use a 350d for panoramic pictures.
    I use a 17/85 IS USM lens, usually around 25mm focal length. (around 40-50mm
    in 35mm film)
    All pictures with the same exposure.
    Camera in portrait orientation.
    Overlap 25%
    Tripod, if possible one that allows rotating in the nodal point.
    I use Photovista panorama version 3.5.
    http://www.iseephotovista.com/products/panorama/product_info.html
    The output can be saved in 4 different resolutions, and are web enabled.
    --
    AsleB;Oslo
    Asle Bjerva, Jun 1, 2007
  4. Bhogi Guest

    Asle Bjerva wrote:
    > Rutger wrote:
    > > "" <> schreef in bericht
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    > >> camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    > >> anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    > >> on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the
    > >> panorama, can you please describe the steps? Did you need special
    > >> software or could you do it with the software provided with the
    > >> camera?

    > > Google is your friend: stitch+400D
    > >
    > > Rutger

    > I use a 350d for panoramic pictures.
    > I use a 17/85 IS USM lens, usually around 25mm focal length. (around 40-50mm
    > in 35mm film)
    > All pictures with the same exposure.
    > Camera in portrait orientation.
    > Overlap 25%
    > Tripod, if possible one that allows rotating in the nodal point.
    > I use Photovista panorama version 3.5.
    > http://www.iseephotovista.com/products/panorama/product_info.html
    > The output can be saved in 4 different resolutions, and are web enabled.

    What he said only autostitch is free
    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
    FYI "web enabled" makes sense only if you use 256 colors or less
    display. That's ancient history.
    Bhogi, Jun 1, 2007
  5. ray Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:41:51 +0000, wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    > camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    > anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    > on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the panorama,
    > can you please describe the steps? Did you need special software or
    > could you do it with the software provided with the camera?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Parth

    IMHO - easiest thing in the world is GIMP with the Pandora plug-in.
    ray, Jun 1, 2007
  6. Dave Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    > camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    > anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    > on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the panorama,
    > can you please describe the steps? Did you need special software or
    > could you do it with the software provided with the camera?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Parth

    You get Photo Stitch with the Canon software.There are better,but it's a
    place for you to start playing with stitching.

    Dave

    --
    "...voters are not apathetic; rather, they are too deeply concerned
    with the nation's serious problems to be interested in the
    Dave, Jun 1, 2007
  7. Asle Bjerva Guest

    Bhogi wrote:
    > Asle Bjerva wrote:
    >> Rutger wrote:
    >>> "" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> Google is your friend: stitch+400D
    >>>
    >>> Rutger

    >> I use a 350d for panoramic pictures.
    >> I use a 17/85 IS USM lens, usually around 25mm focal length. (around
    >> 40-50mm in 35mm film)
    >> All pictures with the same exposure.
    >> Camera in portrait orientation.
    >> Overlap 25%
    >> Tripod, if possible one that allows rotating in the nodal point.
    >> I use Photovista panorama version 3.5.
    >> http://www.iseephotovista.com/products/panorama/product_info.html
    >> The output can be saved in 4 different resolutions, and are web
    >> enabled.

    > What he said only autostitch is free
    > http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
    > FYI "web enabled" makes sense only if you use 256 colors or less
    > display. That's ancient history.

    Photovista can save in flashpix format for use on web pages, and comes with
    different viewers.
    Asle Bjerva, Jun 1, 2007
  8. Don Wiss Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jun 2007, "" <> wrote:

    >The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    >camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    >anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    >on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the panorama,
    >can you please describe the steps? Did you need special software or
    >could you do it with the software provided with the camera?

    If your camera doesn't have a panorama mode, you must first determine the
    exposure settings and then switch to manual and use the same settings for
    all pictures. And remember to switch back to auto before the following
    pictures are exposed wrong! Alternatively, you can try to use Exposure
    Lock.

    If you don't have a tripod (I've stitched hundreds of panos and never used
    one), you should rotate your body so the camera is rotated as if it were on
    a tripod.

    You can hold the lens in either portrait or landscape orientation. You can
    use any lens and focal length. It is up to you to decide just how much you
    want in the picture. And, this is important, if you want to be able to
    easily stitch the pano you want the middle of the image to be lined up with
    the horizon. So the portrait orientation is useful when you want to get
    more ground into the picture.

    Here's an album of panoramas that I just put up. While I did not use a
    Canon, it was a camera lacking a panorama mode. Must are of landscape
    scenes. Only a few, of the plaza of a cruise ship center and some ruins,
    are closeup.

    http://donwiss.com/pictures/tcipanos/

    Don Wiss, Jun 2, 2007
  9. Don Wiss Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jun 2007, "" <> wrote:

    >The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    >camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    >anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    >on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the panorama,
    >can you please describe the steps?

    And if your camera has grid lines, turn them on. You can then use the
    middle one to line up the horizon.

    Don Wiss, Jun 3, 2007
  10. Guest

    For me the easiest way is to take several pictures and stitch them
    together using Autostitch.
    , Jun 4, 2007
  11. Guest

    On Jun 3, 7:36 am, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Jun 2007, "" <> wrote:
    > >The title says it all, I guess. Just to elaborate. I just got this
    > >camera and have been playing around with it a bit. I was wondering if
    > >anyone has done panorama pictures with the camera. I didnt see a mode
    > >on it like my little digital elph had. So, if you did do the panorama,
    > >can you please describe the steps?

    > And if your camera has grid lines, turn them on. You can then use the
    > middle one to line up the horizon.
    >
    > Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    Thank you Don and everyone else. I found the utility that lets me
    stitch together pictures that came with the camera. I use a mac so I
    can't use the autostitch program.

    After playing with the camera in auto mode on a tripod at night, I
    quickly realized the value of what Don said about exposure lock. I
    played with that and am amazed at just how beautiful things start
    looking. I live in an apartment complex that looks at a strip mall,
    some mountains and other apartments in that order from left to right.
    Something fairly ordinary like that also jumps out! I will post some
    pics on my page and dump the url here. Thank you for your adivce and
    help.

    Parth
    , Jun 4, 2007