    any pointers in this area would also be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Brian
    Brian Stirling, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Brian Stirling

    Clyde Guest

    Brian Stirling wrote:
    > I'm thinking about adding a pano head to a tripod I don't have just
    > yet and would appreciate any advise on the options.
    >
    > I have a Canon 1D Mark II and may eventually add a 1DS Mark II a few
    > months from now and plan on using the pano head for the obvious
    > purpose of creating panos but also as a method of stitching
    > several/many 8MP or 16MP images to produce higher resolution images to
    > compete with MF and even LF.
    >
    > I would imagine that being able to adjust the camera/lens so that
    > rotation occurs about the nodal point would be highly recommended and
    > any pointers in this area would also be appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Brian

    I have the middle Manfrotto pano head and like it a lot. Kaidan is also
    big in pano heads, but they tend to build heads for each camera/lens
    combo. The Manfrotto heads are adjustable for just about any combo.

    This site is good for adjusting your head:
    http://panoguide.com/howto/panoramas/setup_panohead.jsp

    The rest of that site is pretty good for learning about shooting panos.

    Clyde
    Clyde, Nov 22, 2004