Pano - Alberta Badlands and museum pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John H, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. John H

    John H Guest

    Here's a pano shot of the Alberta Badlands taken at the Royal
    Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology. File size is a 1.5 megabyte. It's 360º
    but not joined up in the VR fashion.
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/tyr/rt.jpg

    Their are a few inside pictures here:
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/tyr/rt.html I don't know if this kind
    of stuff is worth a crap or is of any interest to anybody but I had
    fun doing it anyway. No tripods or flash allowed in the museum as is
    usual. The stuff is all hand held but braced against whatever was
    convenient. I was using an Oly C2100UZ which I have since set aside
    for a Canon S2.

    John H

    John H, Jan 6, 2006

  2. John H

    Jack Mac Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:56:09 GMT, John H <> wrote:

    > Here's a pano shot of the Alberta Badlands taken at the Royal
    >Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology. File size is a 1.5 megabyte. It's 360º
    >but not joined up in the VR fashion.
    >http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/tyr/rt.jpg
    >
    > Their are a few inside pictures here:
    >http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/tyr/rt.html I don't know if this kind
    >of stuff is worth a crap or is of any interest to anybody but I had
    >fun doing it anyway. No tripods or flash allowed in the museum as is
    >usual. The stuff is all hand held but braced against whatever was
    >convenient. I was using an Oly C2100UZ which I have since set aside
    >for a Canon S2.
    >

    >John H

    Nice Photos John! Especially the pano. (what a beautiful day!)
    It's hard to believe it came from an Oly C2100UZ. Although I used
    a C2100UZ for quite a while. I still have it but haven't used it in
    a while.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Jan 6, 2006

  3. John H

    Chita Guest

    Re: Pano - Alberta Badlands and museum pictures

    Very enjoyable. Some of those inside shots had real glamour and drama.
    Congrats on being so comfortable with your old camera, it really shows
    that the photographer is every bit as important as the hardware.

    Chita, Jan 8, 2006
  4. John H

    John H Guest

    On 8 Jan 2006 10:28:55 -0800, "Chita" <> wrote:

    >Very enjoyable. Some of those inside shots had real glamour and drama.
    >Congrats on being so comfortable with your old camera, it really shows
    >that the photographer is every bit as important as the hardware.

    Thanks. The C2100 was recently retired but served well.
    Seeing the quality that comes of better gear makes me realize the
    limitations of consumer cameras though.

    John H

    John H, Jan 10, 2006
  5. John H

    Paul Rubin Guest

    John H <> writes:
    > Thanks. The C2100 was recently retired but served well.
    > Seeing the quality that comes of better gear makes me realize the
    > limitations of consumer cameras though.

    Not sure what you mean--the S2 makes the 2100 feel limited? Or the
    other way around?

    Paul Rubin, Jan 10, 2006
  6. John H

    John H Guest

    Re: Pano - Alberta Badlands and museum pictures

    On 10 Jan 2006 03:14:43 -0800, Paul Rubin
    <http://> wrote:

    >John H <> writes:
    >> Thanks. The C2100 was recently retired but served well.
    >> Seeing the quality that comes of better gear makes me realize the
    >> limitations of consumer cameras though.

    >Not sure what you mean--the S2 makes the 2100 feel limited? Or the
    >other way around?

    I can see where that isn't clear. I was thinking of the
    limitations of the "ZLR" types in general compared with better gear
    like the dSLRs. To me the S2 is an incremental improvement over the
    C2100 rather than a leap.

    When I look at the many beautiful photos taken with the dSLRs
    I think that perhaps one should get kitted up with one, but then I
    think of my old film SLR and assorted lenses and gadgetry. It got
    used a lot for many years but then gathered dust until digital came
    along. It is easy to pack along the S2 when you go somewhere. I am
    afraid the dSLR might share the fate of the Pentax.

    A possible solution to have one of each. Heck, that might
    even happen. ;-)

    John H

    John H, Jan 10, 2006