    right, there is no sound at all through the speakers.

    All suggestions for fixing this panning problem will be greatly
    appreciated.

    GigaOrColossus, Sep 22, 2006

  2. GigaOrColossus

    beenthere Guest

    "GigaOrColossus" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My system is a Dell Dimension 8400 with WinXP Pro and an SB Audigy 2
    > ZX sound card. I believe that there's a panning problem with the card.
    >
    > Specifically, Cubase SX3's mixer seems to work fine, except that the
    > panning functions, which do seem to work fine within Cubase, but do
    > not actually change the sound placement through my speakers.
    >
    > In Windows' Volume Control window, moving the left/right Balance
    > slider for either Play Control or Wave/MP3 does not actually move the
    > sound from left to right in my speakers (while playing back an mp3
    > using WinAmp). Moving one of them causes the volume to diminish
    > slightly. However, if Wave/MP3's Balance is moved all the way to the
    > left, and then Play Control's Balance is moved all the way to the
    > right, there is no sound at all through the speakers.

    Use your Creative Diagnostics to see if the L|R chanels
    are working OK.

    beenthere, Sep 22, 2006

  3. On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:15:51 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    wrote:

    >"GigaOrColossus" <> wrote in message
    >> My system is a Dell Dimension 8400 with WinXP Pro and an SB Audigy 2
    >> ZX sound card. I believe that there's a panning problem with the card.
    >>
    >> Specifically, Cubase SX3's mixer seems to work fine, except that the
    >> panning functions, which do seem to work fine within Cubase, but do
    >> not actually change the sound placement through my speakers.
    >>
    >> In Windows' Volume Control window, moving the left/right Balance
    >> slider for either Play Control or Wave/MP3 does not actually move the
    >> sound from left to right in my speakers (while playing back an mp3
    >> using WinAmp). Moving one of them causes the volume to diminish
    >> slightly. However, if Wave/MP3's Balance is moved all the way to the
    >> left, and then Play Control's Balance is moved all the way to the
    >> right, there is no sound at all through the speakers.
    >>

    >Use your Creative Diagnostics to see if the L|R chanels
    >are working OK.

    Bingo! You led me to the solution. Although I'd done the first part of
    the daignostics, I'd not gone on to the Test Speakers because
    everything had checked out OK. The speakers test had the sound coming
    from BOTH speakers, not separately, and suggested that it might be a
    hardware connection prob.

    The prob was a RadioShack splitter plugged into the Line Out 1 Jack.
    Removing it has cleared up the prob!

    Thank you Very Much indeed!

    GigaOrColossus, Sep 22, 2006
  4. GigaOrColossus

    > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:15:51 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"GigaOrColossus" <> wrote in message
    >>> My system is a Dell Dimension 8400 with WinXP Pro and an SB Audigy 2
    >>> ZX sound card. I believe that there's a panning problem with the card.
    >>>
    >>> Specifically, Cubase SX3's mixer seems to work fine, except that the
    >>> panning functions, which do seem to work fine within Cubase, but do
    >>> not actually change the sound placement through my speakers.
    >>>
    >>> In Windows' Volume Control window, moving the left/right Balance
    >>> slider for either Play Control or Wave/MP3 does not actually move the
    >>> sound from left to right in my speakers (while playing back an mp3
    >>> using WinAmp). Moving one of them causes the volume to diminish
    >>> slightly. However, if Wave/MP3's Balance is moved all the way to the
    >>> left, and then Play Control's Balance is moved all the way to the
    >>> right, there is no sound at all through the speakers.
    >>>

    >>Use your Creative Diagnostics to see if the L|R chanels
    >>are working OK.

    > Bingo! You led me to the solution. Although I'd done the first part of
    > the daignostics, I'd not gone on to the Test Speakers because
    > everything had checked out OK. The speakers test had the sound coming
    > from BOTH speakers, not separately, and suggested that it might be a
    > hardware connection prob.
    >
    > The prob was a RadioShack splitter plugged into the Line Out 1 Jack.
    > Removing it has cleared up the prob!
    >
    > Thank you Very Much indeed!

    Well done. You`re welcome.

    beenthere, Sep 22, 2006