    Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Does Panda or Kaspersky check Thunderbird
    when sending or receiving email like Norton? Is one of these Anti-Virus
    solutions better than the other?

    Gator, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Gator

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Recently my hard drive crashed so when I installed my new hard drive I
    > decided on a new Anti-Virus solution. I had been using Norton. I downloaded
    > the trial version of Panda Titanium 2004 and it seems pretty good. I use
    > Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Does Panda or Kaspersky check Thunderbird
    > when sending or receiving email like Norton? Is one of these Anti-Virus
    > solutions better than the other?

    What do you base "pretty good" on? What viruses have you subjected it to
    in testing?

    If the solution doesn't show email configs in some setting, then it may
    not scan the email - I'm sure that the help file/support information
    would tell you if it did.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Gator

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Gator

    SteveB Guest

    A few UK magazines have tested AV software this year, and Kaspersky or
    F-Secure or the very latest McAfee usually come top or thereabouts at
    finding viruses (virii?) but Panda is usually near the bottom, Norton in the
    middle.

    SteveB, Sep 24, 2004
  5. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:15:45 +0100, "SteveB"
    <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

    >A few UK magazines have tested AV software this year, and Kaspersky or
    >F-Secure or the very latest McAfee usually come top or thereabouts at
    >finding viruses (virii?) but Panda is usually near the bottom, Norton in the
    >middle.
    >

    >"Gator" <> wrote in message
    >> Recently my hard drive crashed so when I installed my new hard drive I
    >> decided on a new Anti-Virus solution. I had been using Norton. I
    >> downloaded
    >> the trial version of Panda Titanium 2004 and it seems pretty good. I use
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Does Panda or Kaspersky check Thunderbird
    >> when sending or receiving email like Norton? Is one of these Anti-Virus
    >> solutions better than the other?

    Are you sure about Panda beaing at the Bottom?
    As far as I recall Panda is one of the best overall virusscanners.
    If you use a rather slow machine,.. i believe it is the best thing.
    Though I will never say that Kaspersky is bad,.. far from.
    I use Panda on an old P2 & orton on my P4 (both with firewall from the
    same source).

    They satisfy me both.
    --
    www.nondisputandum.com - soft revieuws:
    freeware to Protect & Clean your PC

    NonDisputandum.com, Sep 25, 2004
  6. Gator

    SteveB Guest

    I think the review differences were mainly in the virus signature updates
    efficacy rather than the speed of the engine, in fact F-Secure is pretty
    slow when doing a full scan of my drives but thereagain it uses 3 engines,
    so I wouldn't recommend it if scanning speed is important. It doesn't slow
    down the system though when just used in the background as a guard.
    Nothing seems to ever get past it, and the inbuilt firewall in F-Secure
    Internet Security 2004 is simple to use and effective as well, better than
    Sygate and Zone Alarm anyway, the only other two I've used. These reviews
    have to be taken with a pinch of salt though, as the ranking could change
    overnight with a signature update, so Panda could easily be better than
    F-Secure as we speak and I wouldn't know it.

    "NonDisputandum.com" <webmaster_remove@remove_nondisputandum.com> wrote in
    message news:p...

    SteveB, Sep 26, 2004