    Does Leica's signal processing produce better photos to justify the
    $150-200 price difference?

    Thanks.
    RPS, Aug 13, 2007

  2. RPS

    AlexZ Guest

    RPS <> wrote:

    : I understand that Panasonic LX2 and Leica D-LUX 3 are almost identical
    : cameras, except in "signal processing"...How do the two compare?
    : Does Leica's signal processing produce better photos to justify the
    : $150-200 price difference?

    I am surprised that this post has not attracted any response yet. Be
    that as it may...

    See the following for a discussion of the same issue:
    <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1038&message=24253
    552&changemode=1>

    The two cameras' are compared side by side here (no difference):
    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&came
    ras=panasonic_dmclx2%2Cleica_dlux3&show=all>

    The following is a side-by-side comparison of the photos taken by both:
    <http://www.pbase.com/koo22/leica_dlux_3>

    I would be curious to know how different people decide the last
    comparison.
    AlexZ, Aug 13, 2007