Panasonic, Soviet Russia, Japan, Nikon, I'm f------, WE ARE ALL F------!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Mar 26, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    So I tested out a friends GH2, liked it, wanted better high ISO noise
    control and I decided to get one. Today. Forget it! None to be had
    on the continent, that I've seen. Except on Ebay, and in a shortage
    situation, buying off Ebay is Russian roulette. Panasonic buyers live
    in the equivalent of Soviet Russia. Panasonic is infamous for having
    terrible stock levels and deliveries. Couple that with the fact
    their Lumix factory was right in the path of the tsunami, and the nuke
    plant being down, and rolling power cuts to last for who knows how
    long and (according to one guy just back from Japan) we won't see any
    GH2's until mid-summer. We'll see. In the meantime, the Japanese
    electronic's industry was hit so hard we'll be feeling it for a year
    or more.
    So what could I do? I bought a D7000 and some lenses. If nothing
    else, it'll be fun comparing it to the friend's GH2.

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/industry-scrambling-japan-earthquake-tsunami-169456

    http://www.articlesbase.com/informa...-causes-the-electronics-shortage-4472267.html

    http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...unami_camera_industry_update_news_306464.html
    RichA, Mar 26, 2011

  2. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Mar 25, 9:24 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <>
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >So I tested out a friends GH2, liked it, wanted better high ISO noise
    > >control and I decided to get one.  Today.  Forget it!  None to be had
    > >on the continent, that I've seen.  Except on Ebay, and in a shortage
    > >situation, buying off Ebay is Russian roulette.  Panasonic buyers live
    > >in the equivalent of Soviet Russia.  Panasonic is infamous for having
    > >terrible stock levels and deliveries.   Couple that with the fact
    > >their Lumix factory was right in the path of the tsunami, and the nuke
    > >plant being down, and rolling power cuts to last for who knows how
    > >long and (according to one guy just back from Japan) we won't see any
    > >GH2's until mid-summer.  We'll see.  In the meantime, the Japanese
    > >electronic's industry was hit so hard we'll be feeling it for a year
    > >or more.
    > >So what could I do?  I bought a D7000 and some lenses.  If nothing
    > >else, it'll be fun comparing it to the friend's GH2.

    > >http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/industry-scrambling-japan-earth...

    > >http://www.articlesbase.com/information-technology-articles/the-earth...

    > >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Japan_Earthquake_and_Tsunam...

    > Yeah, the hell with over 10,000 people being dead, a country's economy
    > struggling to survive, food-shortages from radiation, and an impending
    > deadly radiation cloud. It's all about you fantasizing about buying an
    > imaginary camera for your mommy's-basement-life one day. Isn't it.

    Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    cost?
    Rich, Mar 26, 2011

  3. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : wrote:
    : > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    : > wrote:
    : >
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    : today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    : cost?

    Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were damned
    lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the finest camera
    in its class); the last time I looked, they were pretty much unavailable.

    Go sulk somewhere else. Your whining is most unseemly under the circumstances.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Mar 26, 2011
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Re: Panasonic, Soviet Russia, Japan, Nikon, I'm f------, WE ARE ALLF------!

    On 3/25/2011 10:07 PM, Rich wrote:

    > Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    > today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    > cost?

    You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
    pleas explain.

    Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
    with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Mar 26, 2011
  5. RichA

    On 3/26/2011 11:33 AM, Tony wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 10:36:08 -0400, PeterN wrote:
    >
    >> Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
    >> with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.

    > Only because people like you engage them in "?conversation?".

    How about because I want to. Sorry I was unaware I needed your permission.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Mar 26, 2011
  6. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 07:42:03 +1100, "Pete D" <> wrote:
    :
    :
    : news:...
    : > : wrote:
    : > : > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    : > : > wrote:
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > : >
[...]
    : > :
    : > : Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    : > : today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    : > : cost?
    : >
    : > Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were
    : > damned lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the
    : > finest camera in its class);
    :
    : Not according to DP Review, not quite there.

    Well, I'm partial to the Canon T2i myself; but if you've got Nikon lenses,
    it's hard to see how you could go far wrong with the D7000.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Mar 26, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 26, 10:36 am, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 3/25/2011 10:07 PM, Rich wrote:
    >

    > > Hey!  I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    > > today.  What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    > > cost?

    > You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
    > pleas explain.
    >
    > Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
    > with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Worked. I have no system loyalty.
    RichA, Mar 27, 2011
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 26, 8:38 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:07:17 -0700 (PDT), Rich <> wrote:
    >
    > : On Mar 25, 9:24 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <>: wrote:
    >
    > : > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:19:24 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>: > wrote:
    >
    > : >
    > : >
    > : >
    > : > >So I tested out a friends GH2, liked it, wanted better high ISO noise
    > : > >control and I decided to get one.  Today.  Forget it!  None tobe had
    > : > >on the continent, that I've seen.  Except on Ebay, and in a shortage
    > : > >situation, buying off Ebay is Russian roulette.  Panasonic buyers live
    > : > >in the equivalent of Soviet Russia.  Panasonic is infamous for having
    > : > >terrible stock levels and deliveries.   Couple that with the fact
    > : > >their Lumix factory was right in the path of the tsunami, and the nuke
    > : > >plant being down, and rolling power cuts to last for who knows how
    > : > >long and (according to one guy just back from Japan) we won't see any
    > : > >GH2's until mid-summer.  We'll see.  In the meantime, the Japanese
    > : > >electronic's industry was hit so hard we'll be feeling it for a year
    > : > >or more.
    > : > >So what could I do?  I bought a D7000 and some lenses.  If nothing
    > : > >else, it'll be fun comparing it to the friend's GH2.
    > : >
    > : > >http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/industry-scrambling-japan-earth...
    > : >
    > : > >http://www.articlesbase.com/information-technology-articles/the-earth...
    > : >
    > : > >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Japan_Earthquake_and_Tsunam...
    > : >
    > : > Yeah, the hell with over 10,000 people being dead, a country's economy
    > : > struggling to survive, food-shortages from radiation, and an impending
    > : > deadly radiation cloud. It's all about you fantasizing about buying an
    > : > imaginary camera for your mommy's-basement-life one day. Isn't it.
    > :
    > : Hey!  I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    > : today.  What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    > : cost?
    >
    > Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were damned
    > lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the finest camera
    > in its class); the last time I looked, they were pretty much unavailable.
    >
    > Go sulk somewhere else. Your whining is most unseemly under the circumstances.
    >
    > Bob

    Unseemly?
    When did Americans become such pussies? Time Magazine was right when
    they wrote you people were turning into crybabies, chafing at every
    perceived slight or injustice, however fictional. Shouldn't you and
    the P&S nutcase be launching a lawsuit or something?
    RichA, Mar 27, 2011
  9. RichA

    On 3/26/2011 9:28 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 10:36 am, PeterN<> wrote:
    >> On 3/25/2011 10:07 PM, Rich wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hey! I did my part, I spend $2500 on (mostly) Japanese products
    >>> today. What did the last all-Chinese P&S you fished out of a dumpster
    >>> cost?

    >> You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
    >> pleas explain.
    >>
    >> Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
    >> with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > Worked. I have no system loyalty.

    For some strange reason I believe that is the most factually accurate
    statement you have made.

    So back to my original question about your lack of CURRENT meaningful
    employment.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Mar 27, 2011
  10. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:33:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    : On Mar 26, 8:38 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were damned
    : > lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the finest camera
    : > in its class); the last time I looked, they were pretty much unavailable.
    : >
    : > Go sulk somewhere else. Your whining is most unseemly under the circumstances.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Unseemly?

    It means inappropriate, uncalled-for, crude.

    I'm sorry, Rich; I didn't mean to use a word with which you're unfamiliar. I
    assumed, perhaps wrongly, that as a resident of Ontario you'd be conversant in
    English. (By that I mean I thought you'd know how to read and speak it.)
    Perhaps your native language is French? Par malheur, je ne parle pas de
    français.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Mar 27, 2011
  11. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 26, 10:31 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 3/26/2011 9:28 PM, RichA wrote:

    > >> You did say you worked for Canon marketing. Whatever happened to loyalty?
    > >> pleas explain.

    > >> Ah! the beauty of the Internet. One can ignore uncomfortable questions
    > >> with impunity. Face to face, you would be as inconspicuous as possible..

    > >> --
    > >> Peter

    > > Worked.  I have no system loyalty.

    > For some strange reason I believe that is the most factually accurate
    > statement you have made.
    >
    > So back to my original question about your lack of CURRENT meaningful
    > employment.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    I'm not lacking, but if you find it pleasurable to attack those who
    are unemployed, then you have 25 million in America to attack.
    Where's the pussy leftwing sensitivity now, only reserved for non-
    whites?
    RichA, Mar 28, 2011
  12. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 26, 11:30 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:33:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > : On Mar 26, 8:38 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > : > Supy is right. You're behaving like a spoiled brat. I'd say you were damned
    > : > lucky to find the D7000 (which, BTW, many seem to consider the finestcamera
    > : > in its class); the last time I looked, they were pretty much unavailable.
    > : >
    > : > Go sulk somewhere else. Your whining is most unseemly under the circumstances.
    > : >
    > : > Bob
    > :
    > : Unseemly?
    >
    > It means inappropriate, uncalled-for, crude.
    >
    > I'm sorry, Rich; I didn't mean to use a word with which you're unfamiliar.. I
    > assumed, perhaps wrongly, that as a resident of Ontario you'd be conversant in
    > English. (By that I mean I thought you'd know how to read and speak it.)
    > Perhaps your native language is French? Par malheur, je ne parle pas de
    > français.
    >
    > Bob

    Paranoid, sad, pathetic, clueless, brainless, LOSERS.

    http://www.latimes.com/health/ct-met-local-iodide-sales-20110315,0,624338.story
    RichA, Mar 28, 2011
  13. RichA

    On 3/27/2011 10:39 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 10:31 pm, PeterN<> wrote:

    >>> Worked. I have no system loyalty.

    >> For some strange reason I believe that is the most factually accurate
    >> statement you have made.
    >>
    >> So back to my original question about your lack of CURRENT meaningful
    >> employment.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > I'm not lacking, but if you find it pleasurable to attack those who
    > are unemployed, then you have 25 million in America to attack.
    > Where's the pussy leftwing sensitivity now, only reserved for non-
    > whites?

    It is obvious to anyone reading your posts thy you have a lot of time on
    your hands. Did you ever stop to think about the relationship between
    your attitude and employment chances.
    You may not like this, but it must be said.
    You really don't know who is reading these groups. But, if I was looking
    for work, I would not be blaming everybody else and I certainly would
    not broadcast my stupid prejudices.
    I do not attack you unemployment. I have been there. You really should
    think through how you are handling it.

    Unemployed people have been know to change careers, spend time looking
    for work, actually developing their own businesses, take temporary jobs.
    Your tragedy is that you are probably hurting others with your
    ineffective, "poor me" attitude.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Apr 2, 2011