    first Blu-ray high-definition DVD player in North America in September
    as electronics makers prepare to go to battle over two rival formats.
    Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news62832884.html

    Rich, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Rich

    Alpha Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > PANASONIC PLANS SEPTEMBER US LAUNCH FOR BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER, March 29
    > The Panasonic brand maker said Wednesday it will start selling its
    > first Blu-ray high-definition DVD player in North America in September
    > as electronics makers prepare to go to battle over two rival formats.
    > Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news62832884.html

    If the industry wants to know how bad they can screw up a product launch,
    they are now creating the ultimate case study. HD and Blu Ray are almost
    insanely trying to fail up front.

    Alpha, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Rich

    Phisherman Guest

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:58:22 -0800, "Alpha" <> wrote:

    >"Rich" <> wrote in message
    >> PANASONIC PLANS SEPTEMBER US LAUNCH FOR BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER, March 29
    >> The Panasonic brand maker said Wednesday it will start selling its
    >> first Blu-ray high-definition DVD player in North America in September
    >> as electronics makers prepare to go to battle over two rival formats.
    >> Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news62832884.html

    >If the industry wants to know how bad they can screw up a product launch,
    >they are now creating the ultimate case study. HD and Blu Ray are almost
    >insanely trying to fail up front.

    Unfortunately, this battle is definitely going to delay my purchase of
    a HD or Blu Ray DVD player. I'm sure the existing format will be in
    heavy use for some years. I'm very surprised VHS is still around.

    Phisherman, Mar 30, 2006