    Any thoughts?

    --
    Darren

    Pheare, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Pheare

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <Xns95CDF0A7C7923phearemehotmailcom@24.71.223.159>,
    Pheare <stackme11-ng01@**yahoo.com> wrote:
    >Hey all,
    >
    >Was watching One Hour Photo tonight when the picture froze and the error
    >H03 displayed on the dvd player display. I couldn't eject the dvd.
    >
    >I powered off, unplugged, plugged back in and powered back on, it couldn't
    >read the disk and eventually displays the H03 again and I still can't eject
    >the disk.
    >
    >Any thoughts?

    H03 - spindle motor not turning. In this vintage of Panasonic it is due to a
    faulty design. Open the top of the player, power it up, and gently turn
    the disc with your finger. If the motor is not completely burnt out, it
    may turn and you can eject the disc. Then get a new player.

    Mike S., Dec 29, 2004

  3. Pheare

    Biz Guest

    All you ever wanted to know about Panasonci H03 errors..

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=panasoni
    c+h03+error

    Biz, Dec 29, 2004
  4. Pheare

    Pheare Guest

    (Mike S.) wrote in

    > In article <Xns95CDF0A7C7923phearemehotmailcom@24.71.223.159>,
    > Pheare <stackme11-ng01@**yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>Hey all,
    >>
    >>Was watching One Hour Photo tonight when the picture froze and the
    >>error H03 displayed on the dvd player display. I couldn't eject the
    >>dvd.
    >>
    >>I powered off, unplugged, plugged back in and powered back on, it
    >>couldn't read the disk and eventually displays the H03 again and I
    >>still can't eject the disk.
    >>
    >>Any thoughts?

    > H03 - spindle motor not turning. In this vintage of Panasonic it is
    > due to a faulty design. Open the top of the player, power it up, and
    > gently turn the disc with your finger. If the motor is not completely
    > burnt out, it may turn and you can eject the disc. Then get a new
    > player.

    Nice.

    Thanks. It should still be under warranty, am looking into it right now.
    If not I will give that a try.

    --
    Darren

    Pheare, Dec 29, 2004
  5. >Was watching One Hour Photo tonight when the picture froze and the error
    >H03 displayed on the dvd player display. I couldn't eject the dvd.

    H03 indicates a traverse servo problem. This may be a problem with the kicker
    mecha which moves the pickup back and forth in the sled path of the traverse
    assembly. The kicker may not be moving the pickup back to home position to
    read the disc TOC when you reloaded the disc to try to get it to play again.

    It may be something as simple as dried lubrication on the mechanical parts,
    which can happen especially in smokey or dusty environments. It can also be
    due to a failure in the kicker motor or breaks on the connection to this motor.

    Whatever it may be, the player does require repair and an examination for an
    estimate will help to nail down what's going on to cause a traverse error H03
    code.

    However, the S27 is a low end model. If you are still able to, return the
    player for an exchange.

    If you cannot exchange it and the only choice is to buy a new player:

    Sony, Pioneer, or JVC. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 30, 2004