    is there a code it make or break it?

    Thanks,
    Toronto.

    J, Oct 8, 2004

  2. J

    luminos Guest

    You are ignorant, and thus surprised.

    www.videohelp.com

    Put in a DVD-R disc.

    luminos, Oct 8, 2004

  3. J

    DVDfanatico Guest

    I saw some Panasonic recorders at Sam's Club, they look pretty good. Try
    recording on a DVD-R disc or perhaps DVD+R which play on most recorders made
    after 2002. DVD-RW, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM will soon be ubiquitous, but until then
    try the other types. There's nothing wrong with your recorder.

    HTH
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Oct 8, 2004
  4. "J" <> wrote in message
    > DVD Panasonic RAM recorder.
    > Anyone know why they made it to only play on one type of dvd player! what
    > joke...I can't even go to another room and watch a movie I just recorded

    it
    > on!
    > is there a code it make or break it?

    I assume that you are refering to the fact that it records on DVD-RAM disks.
    For the use that the machine is designed for, DVD-RAM is the ideal format.
    It is the only rewritable DVD format that allows true time shifting (i.e.
    the ability to play back a program while it is still being recorded).

    If you wish to view the program on a more conventional DVD player, buy
    yourself a cake of cheap DVD-R disks as the machine will record these as
    well. They are not expensive these days.

    If you have a PC equipped with a DVD-RAM compatible drive (there are a few
    DVD writer drives that are), then much of the PC DVD video player software
    will read and play the Video Recorder format disks (they are different to
    normal DVD disks, though the DVD-Rs come out in conventional format).

    Ian.

    Electric Fan Club, Oct 8, 2004
  5. J

    Java Jive Guest

    All the below, but read the manual, there may be a significant message
    about DVD-R not supporting widescreen formats ...

    "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:41665bc2$...

    > "J" <> wrote in message
    > > DVD Panasonic RAM recorder.
    > > Anyone know why they made it to only play on one type of dvd player!

    what
    > > joke...I can't even go to another room and watch a movie I just recorded

    > it
    > > on!
    > > is there a code it make or break it?
    > >

    > I assume that you are refering to the fact that it records on DVD-RAM

    disks.
    > For the use that the machine is designed for, DVD-RAM is the ideal format.
    > It is the only rewritable DVD format that allows true time shifting (i.e.
    > the ability to play back a program while it is still being recorded).
    >
    > If you wish to view the program on a more conventional DVD player, buy
    > yourself a cake of cheap DVD-R disks as the machine will record these as
    > well. They are not expensive these days.
    >
    > If you have a PC equipped with a DVD-RAM compatible drive (there are a few
    > DVD writer drives that are), then much of the PC DVD video player software
    > will read and play the Video Recorder format disks (they are different to
    > normal DVD disks, though the DVD-Rs come out in conventional format).
    >
    > Ian.

    ---

    Java Jive, Oct 8, 2004
  6. "Java Jive" <> wrote in message
    > All the below, but read the manual, there may be a significant message
    > about DVD-R not supporting widescreen formats ...

    Not may. There is. Widescreen format source material written to DVD-Rs
    does not autoswitch the TV into widescreen mode. Since the DVD-RAMs do and
    premastered disks do, what is so friggin' difficult in getting the recorded
    DVD-Rs to do so as well. Even when I convert DVD-RAM video recorder format
    disks into standard DVD video format disks the widescreen switch does not
    get transferred across.

    Ian.

    Electric Fan Club, Oct 8, 2004
  7. J

    Java Jive Guest

    Dunno, maybe it's a copyright thing - just make it as awkward as possible
    to break copyright, like Sony's MD software not reading MDs back into the PC
    that weren't originally recorded from it, even copyright free ones that you
    may have recorded yourself. IOW, insult all your customers by treating them
    as potential criminals/copyright infringers (delete the inapplicable to your
    country's legislation).

    BTAIM, that's why I copy the stuff to DVD-RAM and then master it onto
    DVD+/-R using my PC (and also why I haven't bought a NetMD).

    "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:41667aad$...
    > Since the DVD-RAMs do and
    > premastered disks do, what is so friggin' difficult in getting the

    recorded
    > DVD-Rs to do so as well

    ---

    Java Jive, Oct 8, 2004
  8. J

    Richard C. Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message
    > DVD Panasonic RAM recorder.
    > Anyone know why they made it to only play on one type of dvd player! what
    > joke...I can't even go to another room and watch a movie I just recorded
    > it
    > on!
    > is there a code it make or break it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Toronto.

    =============================
    It is intended to be a DVD-RAM (hence the name).
    If you want portability, burn it to a DVD.
    ===============================

    Richard C., Oct 8, 2004
  9. J

    Richard C. Guest

    "Java Jive" <> wrote in message
    > All the below, but read the manual, there may be a significant message
    > about DVD-R not supporting widescreen formats ...

    ========================
    There is no problem whatever..............................

    Richard C., Oct 8, 2004
  10. J

    Richard C. Guest

    "Electric Fan Club" <> wrote in
    message news:41667aad$...

    > "Java Jive" <> wrote in message
    >> All the below, but read the manual, there may be a significant message
    >> about DVD-R not supporting widescreen formats ...
    >>

    > Not may. There is. Widescreen format source material written to DVD-Rs
    > does not autoswitch the TV into widescreen mode. Since the DVD-RAMs do
    > and
    > premastered disks do, what is so friggin' difficult in getting the
    > recorded
    > DVD-Rs to do so as well. Even when I convert DVD-RAM video recorder
    > format
    > disks into standard DVD video format disks the widescreen switch does not
    > get transferred across.
    >
    > Ian.

    Read the manual.......

    Richard C., Oct 8, 2004