    issue - has anyone had experience with both these dc's and could you
    advise me on which one to choose?
    , Nov 27, 2006

  2. Celcius Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I read reviews on both these cameras, but it's difficult to tell which
    > one actually produces better images. 8mp is more than enough for my
    > needs and the Venus 3 engine in the LX 2 seems even worse than the
    > Venus 2 engine. I really like the screen of he LX 2, but that's about
    > the only feature that I would choose over the LX 1. Prices are'nt an
    > issue - has anyone had experience with both these dc's and could you
    > advise me on which one to choose?

    I don't know about those cameras, but I had to deal with Panasonic Canada
    (camcorder) and I wouldn't want to do it again. As a result, I will never
    buy Panasonic again.
    Marcel
    Celcius, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    wrote:
    > I read reviews on both these cameras, but it's difficult to tell which
    > one actually produces better images. 8mp is more than enough for my
    > needs and the Venus 3 engine in the LX 2 seems even worse than the
    > Venus 2 engine. I really like the screen of he LX 2, but that's about
    > the only feature that I would choose over the LX 1. Prices are'nt an
    > issue - has anyone had experience with both these dc's and could you
    > advise me on which one to choose?

    Go to dpreview.com or dcviews.com they both give excellent in depth
    reviews on all digital cameras, good luck.

    PS. I own 2 panasonic cameras, Lumix fz20 and fx01, both very good
    cameras with no problems.
    , Nov 27, 2006
  4. Frank ess Guest

    wrote:
    > I read reviews on both these cameras, but it's difficult to tell
    > which
    > one actually produces better images. 8mp is more than enough for my
    > needs and the Venus 3 engine in the LX 2 seems even worse than the
    > Venus 2 engine. I really like the screen of he LX 2, but that's
    > about
    > the only feature that I would choose over the LX 1. Prices are'nt an
    > issue - has anyone had experience with both these dc's and could you
    > advise me on which one to choose?

    Couple-three notes:

    Large MP numbers on small sensors=noise; if noise doesn't bother you,
    then

    When Mr Lumix says "8 MP" and "10MP" (and 28mm) about these cameras,
    he's talking about the 16:9 aspect ratio; for "normal" shapes (4:3,
    3:2) the MP number comes down an MP or so at a step.

    I have lots and lots of camera equipment available to me, and the one
    item that gets the most exposures is the LX1. It's kind of handy, and
    with its good optics can make decent images if handled with care.
    http://www.flickr.com/gp/42887062@N00/373mEz

    If you need a viewfinder, try another camera; the LCD is OK in most
    light, but I carry a three-foot-square black cloth to drape over my
    head for use in bright sun. Bit of a challenge, either seeing frame
    edges undraped, or controlling the cloth when draped.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Nov 27, 2006