Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 digital camera

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nick Withers, May 11, 2004.

  1. Nick Withers

    Nick Withers Guest

    Before buying a Lumix 43 I downloaded the specs from Panasonic.
    Regarding Shutter Speed the details are:-

    8-1/2000 sec (Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Mode)
    1-1/2000 sec, except for Shutter Priority Mode and Manual Mode)

    From this I assumed that I would have manual control of the shutter speed
    as I intended to take shots of kids playing football and guess I need a fast
    shutter speed but I can't find any way of adjusting shutter speed settings
    on the camera.
    Is it possible that some LC43 don't have the manual shutter settings?

    My canera has LC43 on the nameplate, the operating instructions have LC43A
    and the box has LC43N. What is the difference?

    Apart from this query I find the camera very good. The Leica lens seems to
    produce a very sharp image.

    Has anyone had any experience with this camera?
    Thanks, Nick W.

    Nick Withers, May 11, 2004

  2. Nick Withers

    Boomer Guest

    "Nick Withers" <> did say:

    > Before buying a Lumix 43 I downloaded the specs from Panasonic.
    > Regarding Shutter Speed the details are:-
    >
    > 8-1/2000 sec (Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Mode)
    > 1-1/2000 sec, except for Shutter Priority Mode and Manual Mode)
    >
    > From this I assumed that I would have manual control of the
    > shutter speed as I intended to take shots of kids playing football
    > and guess I need a fast shutter speed but I can't find any way of
    > adjusting shutter speed settings on the camera.
    > Is it possible that some LC43 don't have the manual shutter
    > settings?
    >
    > My canera has LC43 on the nameplate, the operating instructions
    > have LC43A and the box has LC43N. What is the difference?
    >
    > Apart from this query I find the camera very good. The Leica lens
    > seems to produce a very sharp image.
    >
    > Has anyone had any experience with this camera?
    > Thanks, Nick W.

    Hi

    Have you read the archives for this group? rec.photo.digital
    You might want to ask over there also, if you haven't already.

    --
    Archives
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Boomer, May 11, 2004