Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC40 - Redeeming Qualities ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by XL 02, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. XL 02

    XL 02 Guest

    Ok So I just recieved this cam for $270 shipped. I knew the cam was
    pretty controversial but the price was pretty good so I decided to give
    it a shot.

    First imressions are :
    Camera is well built, got nice Leica lenses, good menus and is easy to
    use.

    BUT it takes HIDEOUS indoor pictures without flash. Especially in AUTO
    mode. Crazy green hues, low detail and so on. With flash, photos are
    acceptable. Is it common to most lower end digicams?
    It doesn't seem to capture shadow-y parts very well outdoors either.
    My previous camera was ancient Fuji/Apple quick take (@1 megapixel) and
    it was struggling with indoor pics as well .

    So I wonder should I return it back to OfficeMax ( I can do it cause
    they shipped me open box anyway) or should I try to fiddle with settings
    more and maybe I can make it do. Is theree something I'm missing?
    I would overlook its deficiencies if it takes above average landscape
    shots (I'm gonna travel in italy soon).

    TIA
    Alex
    XL 02, Jul 26, 2003