    that I should be aware of.

    Thanks for your help-
    Beaker

    Michael Beacom, Aug 7, 2006

  2. On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:08:53 GMT, Michael Beacom <> wrote:
    > Hi-
    >
    > I've noticed that the Lumix DMC-FZ10 are available on eBay for about
    > $150. It's the fast Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens that intriges me. It's
    > only a 4 megapixel camera, but is there any other reason to avoid it? It
    > is an older camera, and I was wondering if they have any common problems
    > that I should be aware of.

    One possible reason that you might want to consider newer models is that
    the last couple of generations in that line can focus significantly
    faster than the older cameras. If you don't tend to photograph moving
    objects, that's not an issue, but otherwise it's something to think
    about.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Aug 7, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    Daniel Silevitch <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:08:53 GMT, Michael Beacom <>
    > wrote:
    > > Hi-
    > >
    > > I've noticed that the Lumix DMC-FZ10 are available on eBay for about
    > > $150. It's the fast Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens that intriges me. It's
    > > only a 4 megapixel camera, but is there any other reason to avoid it? It
    > > is an older camera, and I was wondering if they have any common problems
    > > that I should be aware of.

    > One possible reason that you might want to consider newer models is that
    > the last couple of generations in that line can focus significantly
    > faster than the older cameras. If you don't tend to photograph moving
    > objects, that's not an issue, but otherwise it's something to think
    > about.
    >
    > -dms

    Thanks- just the sort of feedback I am looking for. For once, I'm asking
    this question BEFORE the purchase.

    Cheers
    Beaker

    Michael Beacom, Aug 7, 2006