    Did read the dpreview.com (actually I was looking for a Sony/Zeiss), but
    still, I don't know.

    Regards, Lars.
    Lars Bonnesen, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Lars Bonnesen

    tomcas Guest

    Lars Bonnesen wrote:
    > Which camera to choose:
    >
    > Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ 3 EG-S or Canon PowerShot A 95
    >
    > The Leica lens is on the plus side on Panasonic, but I find the Canon neat
    > in several way:
    >
    > 1) about half the price
    > 2) uses std. batteries.
    > 3) Very good interface to the PC. Can be remoted in several ways from the PC
    > and pictures can taken and copied directly to the PC (in RAW???).
    > 4) Uses CompactFlash (got a couple of these laying around)
    >
    > But talking about camera, the main thing is the lens, and what a lens the
    > Panasonic got... please give me some input to what to choose.
    >
    > Did read the dpreview.com (actually I was looking for a Sony/Zeiss), but
    > still, I don't know.
    >
    > Regards, Lars.

    What about the Canon S1?
    tomcas, Dec 15, 2004

  3. "tomcas" <> wrote in message
    > Lars Bonnesen wrote:

    > What about the Canon S1?

    Well... Why?

    Regards, Lars.
    Lars Bonnesen, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Lars Bonnesen

    tomcas Guest

    Lars Bonnesen wrote:
    > "tomcas" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Lars Bonnesen wrote:

    >>What about the Canon S1?

    > Well... Why?
    >
    > Regards, Lars.

    It has what you like about the a95 plus a good telephoto lens.
    tomcas, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Lars Bonnesen

    Paiasoloco Guest

    Lars,

    I have a bunch of photos taken with my FZ15 if you are interested
    http://community.webshots.com/album/229735467FkIHHw. THe FZ15 is the
    same as the 20 but without audio and 4 Megapixels instead of 5.

    The PowerShot has gotten great reviews as well, it's a tough desition.
    I was between the Canon S1 IS and the LUMIX myself. Finally got the
    LUMIX for US$386 at butterflyphoto.com mainly because of the lens,
    longer zoom and IS. It's heavier though, the barrel of the lens is
    metal and the lenses are heavier as well I guess. The S1 IS oddly
    doesn't have AF assist light, which is very helpful in low light
    conditions.

    Regards,
    Paiasoloco
    Paiasoloco, Dec 16, 2004
  6. "tomcas" <> wrote in message
    > Lars Bonnesen wrote:
    >> "tomcas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Lars Bonnesen wrote:

    > It has what you like about the a95 plus a good telephoto lens.

    Yep - but that seems to be it. 3Mpix. More expensive... Not as good review
    on dpreview as A95.

    Regards, Lars.
    Lars Bonnesen, Dec 16, 2004
  7. "Paiasoloco" <> wrote in message

    > The PowerShot has gotten great reviews as well, it's a tough desition.
    > I was between the Canon S1 IS and the LUMIX myself. Finally got the
    > LUMIX for US$386 at butterflyphoto.com mainly because of the lens,
    > longer zoom and IS. It's heavier though, the barrel of the lens is
    > metal and the lenses are heavier as well I guess. The S1 IS oddly
    > doesn't have AF assist light, which is very helpful in low light
    > conditions.

    But what about the interface with PC. Is it correct that it only does
    filecopy - no remote as the A95?

    Regards, Lars.
    Lars Bonnesen, Dec 16, 2004
  8. Lars Bonnesen

    Paiasoloco Guest

    That's correct, you cannot control the FZ15 via the computer like if
    you would with a webcam for example. Just filecopy.

    Paiasoloco
    Paiasoloco, Dec 16, 2004
  9. "Lars Bonnesen" <> wrote in message
    > Which camera to choose:
    >
    > Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ 3 EG-S or Canon PowerShot A 95

    Got the A95...

    (-;

    Regards, Lars.
    Lars Bonnesen, Dec 16, 2004
  10. Lars Bonnesen wrote:
    > Which camera to choose:
    >
    > Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ 3 EG-S or Canon PowerShot A 95

    Very broadly - if you want long telephoto zoom, go with the Panasonic.
    It's 420mm image stabilised lens will beat anything you can get on the A95
    with its longest zoom limited to 114mm.
    David J Taylor, Dec 16, 2004