Panasonic KX-TCD500NZV 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., May 10, 2004.

  1. 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..?? THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE..????

    From the PDF Manual.

    A variety of high-quality sounds can be reproduced for your ring tones.
    You can choose from 9 pre-set melodies and 6 ring tones.

    Below was taken from the PDF Manual

    Ringer Options

    There are 15 ringer patterns available on each ringer. Ringer 1 to Ringer 6
    are the bell ringer patterns. Ringer 7 to Ringer 15 are the preset melody
    patterns as shown below.

    The music data in this product belongs to M-ZoNE Co., Ltd.
    To exit the operation, press at any time.
    * © 2003 M-ZoNE Co., Ltd.

    If you select one of the melody ringer patterns, the phone will ring for 10
    seconds even if a caller has hung up. Therefore, you may hear a dial tone or
    no one on the line after you answer a call.

    Ringer No. Ringer Pattern or Name

    1 - 6 Bell Patterns
    Ringer Pattern 7 to 15: Preset Melody Patterns
    7 Symphony No.5 in C minor*
    8 Air on G String
    9 Wholetemperiere Clavier 1 Teil No 1 Fuga Das
    10 Fantaisie Impromptu
    11 Allegro Spring/The Four Seasons
    12 Also Sprach Zarathustra
    13 Liebestraum
    14 Polovetsian Dance
    15 24 Caprices

    Can some one Please expain how they claim 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..?

    http://www.panasonic.co.nz/web_content2.asp?id=100009186

    Thanks

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 10, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..?? THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE..????

    Maybe it's 32 note Polyphonic. Why not search for yourself?

    colinco, May 10, 2004

  3. J.Random Luser, May 11, 2004
  4. On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:06:33 +1200, "J.Random Luser" <> wrote:

    >> > 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..?? THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE..????

    >http://www.icxinyi.com/z/920.htm
    >
    >has the service manual ;-)

    Yes but not Free, I have the user manual and still don't under stand..

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004
  5. The GHOST of WOGER. admitted:
    > I have the user manual and still don't under stand..

    There are 2 obvious possibilities:

    It can have an unspecified number of ring tunes (tunes, not tones)
    each of 32 tone polyphony, or

    it has 32 ring tunes, each of an unspecified level of polyphony

    Give it to your 8 yr old daughter, she'll confirm from the front panel
    inside a minute which it is...

    J.Random Luser, May 11, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Frank Guest

    Panasonic & the Uniden WDECT2310 DECT Phones.

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:51:39 +1200, "J.Random Luser" <> wrote:

    >The GHOST of WOGER. admitted:
    >> I have the user manual and still don't under stand..

    >There are 2 obvious possibilities:
    >
    >It can have an unspecified number of ring tunes (tunes, not tones)
    > each of 32 tone polyphony, or
    >
    >it has 32 ring tunes, each of an unspecified level of polyphony
    >
    >Give it to your 8 yr old daughter, she'll confirm from the front panel
    >inside a minute which it is...

    I tried to contact Panasonic the other day this time they never rang back but
    have done before, and no 0800 number.

    They List 16 Ring tones the 1-6 are tones and the others are melodies..

    But still don't understand how it gets 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..?

    Well I did have some problems with the Uniden WDECT 2310 and when I brought
    is I asked if I can upgrade it to the Panasonic model if the Uniden did not
    meet my needs, well I am now on my second Uniden as a few people had
    problems hearing me, even Uniden state that it was a bit soft and to take it
    back, I did a range test with a friend last night and could on get it to work
    2 houses away, they claim 600m, my current Panasonic 400 model only has 20
    phone book, but can run to the top of the street some 7 houses away.

    The Uniden has a shared 100 Phone book with Caller ID memory, plus it does not
    clap out on a Power brown out like all the Panasonic models do.

    But a matched Phone book and caller ID is counted as one..

    ALL the Panasonic ones, hold the Clock/Date in the Base Unite, with no power
    back up, they are great DECT Phones but that lets them down, plus the Slave
    finder call button is hidden on the side of the base unite, all other phones
    that I have looked at have it on the front, and easy to see, mind you in my
    case its not needed..

    I even asked in the shop were was the Panasonic Finder button, a stupid case
    to put it, and no marks on the front to show that its there..

    I have not tested the second Uniden one yet as they use a very slow trickle
    charger, 17-20 hour from new it states, but the use bigger batteries 1800ma
    AA, Ni-MH the Panasonic's use 700ma AAA Ni-MH and a 7 hour charge, the Uniden
    does not list its normal charge time only the install from new 17-20 hours..

    The Panasonic has the option to use 250 Ma Nicads, you have to set this option
    in one of the menus, plus when the batter get really low it sends out loud
    beeps, I thought it was my PC a number of times, the Bios warning beeper.

    The Talk time on the Uniden is 7 Hours & 14 day standby, the Panasonic is 10
    hour talk and 5 days,120 hours standby

    It seems that the Uniden uses a very simple trickle charger as you don't have
    to monitor batter Temperature and terminal voltage, even the Panasonic state
    charge for 7 hour from new, so may be they use a better charging device that
    monitors temp/voltage..

    Frank, May 12, 2004
  7. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    Re: Panasonic & the Uniden WDECT2310 DECT Phones.

    In article <>,
    says...
    > But still don't understand how it gets 32-Polyphonic Ring Tones..?

    There is a common chip for phone ringers that is 32 "NOTES AT THE SAME
    TIME" capable just like the old Soundblaster AWE32. That's what
    polyphony is.

    colinco, May 12, 2004