    but I think I need more than the driver. Panasonic says it is out of
    date and has no support for it. Can one of you experts help?
    I would very much appreciate your response.

    stumpy, Jan 27, 2004

  2. stumpy

    Boomer Guest

    "stumpy" <> wrote in
    news:%flRb.2175$fD.637@fed1read02:

    > Win XP Pro

    [snip]
    > I have this KX-P1124
    > dot matrix printer

    [snip]

    > The only thing wrong is I cannot find the install disk and as I
    > seem to believe it was needed to set it up. XP lists the driver
    > and installs it but I think I need more than the driver. Panasonic
    > says it is out of date and has no support for it. Can one of you
    > experts help? I would very much appreciate your response.

    Maybe something here?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=KX-
    P1124%2Bdriver%2Bdownload&btnG=Google+Search

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26952337

    Or ask at
    comp.periphs.printers
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

    Boomer, Jan 27, 2004

  3. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:52:17 -0700, "stumpy" <>
    wrote:

    >The only thing wrong is I cannot find the install disk and as I seem
    >to believe it was needed to set it up. XP lists the driver and installs it
    >but I think I need more than the driver. Panasonic says it is out of
    >date and has no support for it. Can one of you experts help?
    >I would very much appreciate your response.

    Depending on the software, if its DOS, you'll need to configure it for
    Either Epson or IBM emulation (Panasonic emulates both transparently),
    if in Windows, then use either Epson 24-pin, IBM 24-pin, or Panasonic
    1124....

    John H. Guillory, Jan 27, 2004
  4. stumpy

    PC Guest

    "stumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Win XP Pro
    > Growing up very poor on a hardscrabble dirt farm 73 years ago
    > I learned never to throw anything away. I have this KX-P1124
    > dot matrix printer that I bought so long ago I can't remember
    > but 'shazam', my wife wants me to produce address labels for
    > her new address book so she does not have to write them in
    > and this would do the job. I bought a new ribbon and a box
    > of tractor drive blanks. I have not used it in years (it was the latest
    > and greatest when I bought it) and now I have a problem.
    >
    > The only thing wrong is I cannot find the install disk and as I seem
    > to believe it was needed to set it up. XP lists the driver and installs

    it
    > but I think I need more than the driver. Panasonic says it is out of
    > date and has no support for it. Can one of you experts help?
    > I would very much appreciate your response.

    Stumpy

    Does it print rubbish or print nothing at all ?

    Checklist

    1 Does it power up and home the printhead.

    2 Does it print a self test (usually by holding down the LF button as you
    switch it on, check in the manual)

    3 With the printer connected and powered up.
    Either from a Dos box or by booting your PC from a boot floppy, type "copy
    autoexec.bat >prn" This assumes your boot disk has an Autoexec.bat file on
    it, if not try config.sys in it's place. Otherwise any .txt file will do.

    If the output from 3 above is none or garbage then consider either a cable
    or printer port fault (unlikely if it's your regular system) or (most
    likely) that it has 'died'.
    If it produces a clean copy of the contents of the file you sent to it,
    then it's a driver or possibly a dip switch issue. Again refer to your
    manual.

    You did keep the manual didn't you?

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Jan 27, 2004
  5. stumpy

    jimbuist

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Panasonic KX-P1124

    Stumpy (or anyone else),

    Did you ever figure out how to actually get your Panasonic KX-P1124 to print using WindowsXP? I have had the same problem and nothing listed here, so far, has worked for me. The drivers installed in WinXP do NOT work (for me). I am guessing that 1) there must be a way to make this printer work and 2) that it may be just some simple setting that I haven't been able to find.

    Help! Anyone! Help, Please........................ :p

    Thanks much,
    Jim

    jimbuist, Oct 19, 2006