Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0 Blu-ray Disc player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Robo-man, May 8, 2008.

  1. Robo-man

    Robo-man Guest

    From thedigitalbits.com:

    "First up today, Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0
    Blu-ray Disc player, which is due to arrive in stores late this month or
    early June. It'll have full BD-Live capability with a built-in Ethernet
    port, along with built-in decoders for both lossless audio formats (Dolby
    True HD and DTS-HD). Unfortunately, the price is going to put it out of
    reach of casual consumers. It's set to retail at $699. I'm guessing it's
    going to drop pretty quickly though, and I'm betting there will be pretty
    good sale prices on it this fall. I suspect it's going to be THE player all
    the enthusiasts want, but at that price, it'll probably ensure that Sony's
    PS3 remains the best selling profile 2.0 Blu-ray player on the market. I'm
    actually getting a first-hand look at the BD50 on Friday, so I'll have more
    to say about it next week."

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

    ..

    Robo-man, May 8, 2008

  2. Robo-man

    Mutley Guest

    @ US$699 rather expensive..

    Mutley, May 8, 2008

  3. Robo-man

    davo Guest

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 20:54:36 +1200, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >"Robo-man" <> wrote:
    >
    >>From thedigitalbits.com:
    >>
    >>"First up today, Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0
    >>Blu-ray Disc player, which is due to arrive in stores late this month or
    >>early June. It'll have full BD-Live capability with a built-in Ethernet
    >>port, along with built-in decoders for both lossless audio formats (Dolby
    >>True HD and DTS-HD). Unfortunately, the price is going to put it out of
    >>reach of casual consumers. It's set to retail at $699. I'm guessing it's
    >>going to drop pretty quickly though, and I'm betting there will be pretty
    >>good sale prices on it this fall. I suspect it's going to be THE player all
    >>the enthusiasts want, but at that price, it'll probably ensure that Sony's
    >>PS3 remains the best selling profile 2.0 Blu-ray player on the market. I'm
    >>actually getting a first-hand look at the BD50 on Friday, so I'll have more
    >>to say about it next week."
    >>

    >>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
    >>

    >>.
    >>

    >@ US$699 rather expensive..