    combo with a VCR.

    The VCR has an extremely fast rewind, so I generally record in SP now.
    Good that it's a pure VCR and not a combo with a DVD player.
    Walter Traprock, Mar 25, 2006

  2. Walter Traprock

    Guest

    Walter Traprock wrote:

    > The VCR has an extremely fast rewind, so I generally record in SP now.
    > Good that it's a pure VCR and not a combo with a DVD player.

    ..

    You ought to try Panasonic's Super VHS. About $150 I believe.... it
    records in near-DVD quality with standard tapes.

    ..
    , Mar 25, 2006

  3. Walter Traprock

    Andrew White Guest

    Walter Traprock <> wrote:

    >$80 panasonic DVD player from Target is good.
    >
    >$60 panasonic VCR from Best Buy is good.
    >
    >The DVD player plays through anything I've tried, like scratched DVDs.
    >It's primary defect is not being able to tell you how much time is left
    >for a program. Good that it doesn't remember what I've played, as I
    >don't like having my players remember where I stopped viewing a disc
    >after I eject it. Good that it's a pure player and not a recorder or a
    >combo with a VCR.
    >
    >The VCR has an extremely fast rewind, so I generally record in SP now.
    >Good that it's a pure VCR and not a combo with a DVD player.

    You should consider posting review at epinions.com. It's helpful to
    other people and you get to earn money for your reviews. I just
    deposited a $73 check for my reviews over the last year or so.
    Andrew White, Mar 26, 2006
  4. Walter Traprock

    Guest

    Andrew White wrote:
    > Walter Traprock <> wrote:
    >
    > >$80 panasonic DVD player from Target is good.
    > >
    > >$60 panasonic VCR from Best Buy is good.
    > >
    > >The DVD player plays through anything I've tried, like scratched DVDs.
    > >It's primary defect is not being able to tell you how much time is left
    > >for a program. Good that it doesn't remember what I've played, as I
    > >don't like having my players remember where I stopped viewing a disc
    > >after I eject it. Good that it's a pure player and not a recorder or a
    > >combo with a VCR.
    > >
    > >The VCR has an extremely fast rewind, so I generally record in SP now.
    > >Good that it's a pure VCR and not a combo with a DVD player.

    > You should consider posting review at epinions.com. It's helpful to
    > other people and you get to earn money for your reviews. I just
    > deposited a $73 check for my reviews over the last year or so.

    ..

    Wow. Epinions PAYS people to just type reviews? Cool deal. Although
    $73 is not much. Probably not worth the effort unless you LIKE writing
    reviews (then it's not work).

    I just received a $400 check from my Chase credit card, and all I did
    was buy food & gas for a year. Much easier for a lazy person like
    myself. ;-)

    ..
    , Mar 28, 2006